Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to have timed exercises and repped exercises in the same workout

Many times in my workouts I have both times exercises and repped. For example maybe I want to give them a cardio burst after their repped exercises in a mini circuit. Like rope jumping after bicep curls and triceps extensions, for example. I would like to time the rope jumping and count reps on the other.

490 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like a suggested alternative exercise section

I understand clients can go in and substitute exercises. But I would like to have a list of my suggested alternatives first. I sell master programs and I run into the issue of clients not having the necessary equipment and need an alternative I do not want to go in and build out a million different versions of a master plan to meet each individual client's needs. I would like a way for clients to substitute exercises with that I suggest in case they don't have that equipment.

Another solution that might be a stretch is based on the consultation…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An undo button Incase you delete workouts or exercises in a workout!!

An undo button Incase you delete workouts or exercises in a workout!!

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Progressions WITHIN a workout

Would be great to be able to make progressions WITHIN a workout without having to copy/paste and do it manually. Right now, all sets have to be the same - would be awesome if we could have (for example) the ability to assign different reps/time/goals across the same circuit

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swim feature for cardio

Self-explanatory. For clients to log.

387 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. See full Heart Rate profile of workout from Apple Watch

I use HR Training for all of my endurance athletes especially. They are trying to hit a certain percentage of cardio work in different "zones". This would be such a beneficial feature!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Vimeo

Please allow for Vimeo to host on your platform all of my videos are hosted there.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. be able to rearrange training phases

Be able to drop and drop training phases so we can rearrange them for easier editing of programs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to add branded classes (ie. Afterburn)

Ability to track my branded classes as activities.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Build out on-demand libraries of workouts or classes

I would like the ability to separate out sections in the programs tab like "Yoga", "Pilates", "HIIT" and create libraries of workouts/classes that clients can start whenever they feel like it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. change the workout type after programmed

Ability to change a workout from regular/interval/circuit into another format - versus rebuilding from scratch

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Track RIR (reps in reserve)

Create more specialized training programs for clients by using reps in reserve to help guide training progress and not leave strength and muscular gains on the table.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to rearrange training plan workouts

Be able to rearrange workouts in the training plan to any order I would like to

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Optional skin tone for high five or thumbs up after completing a workout

After completing a workout, there's the animation of the high five or thumbs up. Have the skin tone be customizable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. change progressions through the calendar when designing a program

in the calendar view of programming, there should be a way to see all the workouts progressions, i know we can go to the specific workout and change its progression as it appears through the periodization, but i want to look at my 6 week calendar, and change the sets/reps through the calendar view; maybe include a percentage feature, or a Lite, light to moderate, moderate, moderate to heavy, and heavy drop down menu. along with this it would be easier to copy (repeat) workouts, if there was a highlight copy and paste feature from the calendar view as well,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts and Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Programme any length set time for the interval workouts.

Rather than just being able to input timings in the interval workout between 10-60 and then every minute, we should be able to programme any timing. Eg 65 seconds or 75. The jump is too high from 60 seconds to 90 seconds to allow my clients to progress properly.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Periodized Sets/Reps

ability to use customized algorithms to predetermine sets/reps - based on an If-Then algorithm using formulas on excel

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set caloric burn targets for an activity on an Apple Watch

This will allow us to set realistic calorie burn targets for our clients as well as track their workout intensity.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base