Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Vertical Videos

Can we allow vertical videos to be uploaded yet?! I have so many videos in my archive to be uploaded and I naturally hold the phone/camera vertically and not horizontally, so I keep forgetting to adjust. But it’d be great if this could happen?! Anyone agree??

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow trainers to enter own meals into the smart meal planner

Trainers enter their own meals with pictures & macros which appear as choices when meal plan is generated from macros

985 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about it here. Please note that you can swap any system meals with your own but Smart Meal Planner still can be generated only with system meals due to algorithm. We are working on improving the backend so the SMP can be generated in the future using your custom recipes as well. It will be possible later next year.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Include a possibility to go high in protein (40% protein / 30% carb / 30% macro split )

I'd like to have the possibility of choosing at least to be able to have a 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat macro split

516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lack of snacks ideas...

I try to swap a snack and I there is no options available to fit the requirements... This is really important. You need to include way more high-protein snacks in here.

371 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed as we added more snacks options in our library of snack meals! We will keep expanding our meal library with more snack ideas in the future. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

5. Option between metric and imperial, use ml or grams instead of ounces

All of the recipes are measured in cups, an option for grams and ml would be ideal

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[UPDATE]

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! Please note that meal recipes and it's ingredients are now shown in both imperial and metric system. However, due to complexity of "cups" we did not show alternative to this metric and all the recipes will just be in "cups". Reason being is that system cannot detect whether particular ingredient is solid or liquid and therefore we can't know whether we should translate cups into grams or ml. 

We created an idea for any of you who would like to still have cups into grams, and you can vote for that idea so we can see how many requests we gather. Here is the new idea for "cups to grams". Please vote if you wish:

https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-coach-trainer-abc-trainerize/suggestions/47167342-convert-cups-into-grams-as-well-on-the-meal-previe

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

6. Simplify recipes

The recipes look great, however, I think can be off putting for someone who is short on time.

If there were an option for simplified recipes that would be a massive help.

349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 7 days (more than 3 sample days) for meal planner

have a full week of sample days for meal planner

499 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need more food options (oats for breakfast etc.)

Adding more food options into the meal planner, as quite limited currently

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed as we added more Oat meal ideas in our library of breakfast meals! We will keep expanding our meal library with more breakfast ideas in the future. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

9. Show macro breakdown per meal (not just calories)

Make macro breakdown per meal vs just total added? For example - here there's are 2 meals added. Overview page lists calories, but once you have more than one meal, you can't see what made up the macros, or where they came from. If a client (or myself) wanted to see where the carbs were coming from (whether it be as an education tool or just to see what was carb dense), we can't tell what foods made up the total carb count and how much. Yes, it's on the single items info when it is being added, but trying…

643 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to click on a food item and see the macros for the different portion sizes once it it already logged.

Once something is logged, I am no longer able to see what is in the food (macro wise). I would like to be able to click on the food and see how the different portion sizes changes the macros. I feel that this will help clients learn what is in the different foods better.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable syncing of body weight or body fat percentage from Apple Health to Trainerize

Given that there's people out there that have digital scales other than Withings that automatically send their weight to an app that either syncs with Apple Health or Apple Health directly, and the fact that most other things can be synced from Apple Health to Trainerize already - even unnecessary things like blood pressure and cycling distance, it shouldn't be so hard to allow syncing of body weight as well. Especially since body weight is likely one of the most important markers for most clients & coaches.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to add custom foods to the in-app meal tracker database

Similar to MyFitnessPal, be able to add custom food item like a branded supplements.

292 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Self-Adjusting Cal/Macro Breakdown Per Item In Meal Tracker

Currently there is only a cal/macro breakdown of each individual item based on the default serving size, but when you adjust the serving size, you're not able to view the update cal/macro breakdown of that item until it gets added to your daily total.

I think having a self-adjusting cal/macro breakdown with each item in the food tracker that changes based on CUSTOM serving size BEFORE you add it to your diary would be most idea. Just like MFP.

I think this would save our clients a ton of time and frustration.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Voice messages!

It’s a bit hard to get your excitement or instructions across when sending written messages so I think voice messaging would be a great addition. I’ve had clients reach out to me this way on IG and the response is much more fluid.

3,199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

265 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about it in this blog post or in this help article

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and your client MUST be on app version v.7.114.0 in order for the voice message function to work on mobile. It will not  work otherwise. Certain Custom branded apps are still rolling out, but  you should be getting it shortly if you haven’t so far.

Few important things you should know about voice messages feature:

• Voice messages are available in DMs, and Groups, and both on Web and Mobile.
    • You have 2 ways of sending voice message:

-Tap, Hold to Record and Release to send
            -Tap, Hold, Swipe up to lock for hands free, Record hands free and Tap to send

• Length of voice message is up to 5min long.
  15. Client Scheduling (for brick & mortar gyms)

Right now we use Zen Planner (have been using it since 2016) for billing and member self-scheduling/reserving class times. I would love to be able to have our in-person coaching classes available in a calendar for members to book reservations for classes and sessions within Trainerize (instead needing to use Zen Planner).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add PDFs/custom links in the more section for clients

Ability to add links to link out to pages to buy supplements, equipment, clothing etc.
    Have a space to upload recipe guides, starting guides etc.

This will be for everyone.

If you need specific links/PDFs for specific client types, vote here
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/44489439

855 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to choose where a meal gets added when adding a whole meal from discover

Currently, if you add a Meal from the Discover tab, you don't have the option to choose where the meal gets added (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack). You have to go back to your dashboard and edit and change it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! Client can now search for particular meal within discovery tab as well as change the day and meal type during selection of the meal. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

18. Change the servings to grams, cups, tablespoons etc.

Have the ability to change the serving size to 1 gram, 100 grams, cups, tablespoons etc and easily allow us to change the number of servings like in my fitness pal.

For example

Serving size - 1 gram
    Number of servings - 115 (allow us to put whatever number we want)
    115 servings of 1 gram = 115 grams.

I use this format in my fitness pal whenever "1 gram" is available it allows my clients to basically be as accurate as possible when weighing their food.

We would basically not need my fitness pal if this gets changed ASAP!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[UPDATE]

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! Please note that meal recipes and it's ingredients are now shown in both imperial and metric system. However, due to complexity of "cups" we did not show alternative to this metric and all the recipes will just be in "cups". Reason being is that system cannot detect whether particular ingredient is solid or liquid and therefore we can't know whether we should translate cups into grams or ml.

We created an idea for any of you who would like to still have cups into grams, and you can vote for that idea so we can see how many requests we gather. Here is the new idea for "cups to grams". Please vote if you wish:

https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-coach-trainer-abc-trainerize/suggestions/47167342-convert-cups-into-grams-as-well-on-the-meal-previe

Thanks!

19. Take away $1000 limit in Trainerize Pay

A few of our products are over $1000 and in Trainerize Pay we have to send the client 2 invoices of $500. If the limit of $1000 was lifted we wouldn't have to send multiple invoices.

417 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

You can now move your Trainerize Pay to a Stripe account and directly connect it to Trainerize.

With the Stripe account,
    - you do not have the $1000 limit.
    - you get lower rates (Stripe’s official rates)
    - flexible payout schedules
    - full access to Stripes dashboard and reporting

Simply go to your Payments page and hit Switch. You can create a new account or connect your existing Stripe account.

For more information, see:

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412226631060-Switching-from-Trainerize-Pay-to-connecting-your-Stripe-account-directly-

Thanks!

20. Multiple clients for small group virtual training or live class video calls like zoom

like you have the 1on1 training appointments but what about for group training?
    Like 3 or more people all on video as I demonstrate and then watch and Coach them as they perform the exercises

493 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

The ability to do in-app group video calling is now in beta.

If you would like this feature turned on to try it out, please let us know via this form:
    https://survey.survicate.com/21715b5fc4c9f567/?p=anonymous

Also, we will provide you with extra credits to try out the group video calling.

The app layout is designed for the trainer /client in mind where the trainer’s video feed is larger and at the forefront for clients.

Each client on the call is counted as a separate video calling stream So a 1 hour video call with 4 clients will take 4 hour credits.

Currently you have to book the clients in so it’s great for small group training.

We are working on the ability for your clients to self-book into virtual classes. These ideas may interest you. Please add your vote to…

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base