Fitness - Training, Nutrition and Habits

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

825 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Food journal

I’d love for there to be an option for notes in the calendar where they can track food notes, energy levels, feelings, water intake, etc so I can see day by day what they are doing. I’d also like to be able to schedule reminders to update their food journal in the calendar.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nutrition

Something better than evolution nutrition. User friendly that will allow you to calculate macros for clients and make counting easy for them.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Macronutrient Calculator

An in-app Macro Calculator would be helpful. One that could do the heavy lifting and either update for a single client or mass update clients macros based off of their measurements/progress. This would help for groups or group challenges.

Currently a feature in My PT Hub but not a fan of their UI.

I've brought up this idea to other training software providers and all they do is link me calculators as if I don't know how to use google lol. It would be nice to be able to do this all in-app.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ability to set new nutrition goal

I would love to be able to create a 'new' nutrition goal rather than editing it.

I would like to be able to see what we've done in the past as I don't set goals based on % of macros so when the client is losing weight, the calories and grams of each nutrient changes. I would like to be able to still see past goals for comparison and change over time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Nutrition Tracking directly from the app!

Currently clients have to connect with Fitbit or MyFitnessPal to track their caloric and macro intake. We need to have this option directly in the app for those who have neither of these other apps and don't necessarily want to download a whole bunch of other stuff in addition to Trainerize. Plus in my opinion it's THE big thing that is missing from Trainerize.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Actually sync myfitness pal food diary entry data.

You only sync very minimal amount of data from myfitness pal. Would be very helpful if you could see food diary entries and what they’re eating to determine gaps in nutritional habits.

Just sync what clients do in my fitness pal. I’m actually shocked that I need to make this obvious suggestion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to schedule "daily nutrition goal" on the client's calendar

It will be really nice to have the ability to schedule "daily nutrition goal" on the client's calendar as you can set up and schedule the macros/calories of the client WITHOUT having to change them every week.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meal Plan programming able to be combined with workout programming.

I would love to be able to add custom meal plans to the custom workout programs in order to deliver a full package to the client in 1 program.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nutrition coaching notes

A space to make nutritional recommendations (other that general messages) would be amazing! I.e. a place to where the coach can assign new habits, undulating calories /Macros etc....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Food Log

The ability to log your food to myfitness through the app like before

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Nutrition

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Non calorie food tracking

Hive clients the option to track food via test or pictures in the app. An app "food diary" that doesnt rely on calorie tracking. Not all trainers and clients use calorie tracking but recording meals and portions is still important to ensure results. For lifestyle clients this would be a much more realistic approach.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Integrate with MyFitnessPal Web version

ability for clients to integrate tz with the web version of mfp incase they log their food there vs the mobile app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow daily macronutrient planning

A great feature would be to allow trainer to set different macronutrient breakdowns daily, permitting calorie/macro cycling within the week.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Time stamp

Time stamp nutritional goal changes in the clients messages. Say you changed their calories or macro percentages, that change would show up in your DMs to that client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Macro break down for each meal

Being able to select how many meals each client gets, and the macro breakdown for each of those meals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it easier to track clients macros

If there was a place trainers acan go to store data regarding weekly changes to macros for clients including progress notes tab in the nutrition side of the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness - Training, Nutrition and Habits

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base