Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!

What can we improve or add?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add cool down, stretching and warm up sequences

It would be great to have a variety of warm-up and cool down/stretching sequences to add before and after the workout. Some clients have no idea how to do either. It would be very helpful.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Become more body positive, or at least make it an option for those who are!

I would love to see Trainerize become more body positive by not making clients enter their weight and making sure none of the pre-programmed plans have language or focus about/on burning calories and losing weight. I have a weight-neutral practice and am firmly committed to the principles of the Body Positive Fitness Alliance, so I would like the option to click a button to eliminate weight and measurements from my client's experience in Trainerize. I believe it would enhance overall client experience for many people who are alienated from a gym environment and choose to train at home - and…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bodyweight exercises

More exercises that have no equipment as many clients workout from home

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set Up Trainerize to allow us to view whole programs, not just individual workouts

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

552 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to drop reminders and notes to a client's calendar.

Ability to drop reminders and notes to a client's calendar.

436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Challenges & Rewards

Set Goals; Let your members set their own goals, or leave it up to the coaches.

Leaderboards: Your top-performing members will get eternal fame when your other members see them shine at the top of your leaderboards.

Social Sharing: After reaching a goal or completing a challenge, your members can share their results on Facebook and Twitter

Group Challenges :Have members work towards common goals to create a community feeling which increases retention rates

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A better timer

The timer needs improving drastically.
    AMRAP & For time options. (Set a a time limit and have a simple plus button to add your rounds)
    EMOM (set the number of rounds with a countdown 5 secs before every minute)
    Circuit (select number of rounds, work and rest time)
    stopwatch (times your workout)

384 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a master calendar for personal trainers to see all the work from each client on any day rather than having to individually check clients

It’s be awesome to have a master calendar to see what all clients have scheduled each day and whether or not they complete their tasks that trainers can refer to rather than having to check each client individually to see what they completed or have scheduled for the day.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Trainers to Schedule Pre-recorded informational videos

Allow trainers to Schedule Pre-recorded informational videos that clients need to watch / check off.

These could be <5 min quick tips on Nutrition, training technique etc to add more value to clients. Other training online training apps currently do something like this.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow individual customizations on top of master programs

Be able to add individual workouts, auto-messages on top of master programs so you can add another layer of customization.

312 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deleting Workouts in Calendar View

You can set up a recurring workout frequency easy enough but if you need to delete that workout for some reason and you have it recurring for, say, 6 weeks, you have to delete each individual workout for each of those weeks. It's tedious and there used to be an option to "delete all" recurring workouts.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Send videos in main PM

Could we add a function that allows coaches to send videos to clients in the main PM? Or even like a voice note function?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep the desktop version

With the desktop version you have the capacity to add attachments that are useful for your clients. It avoids having an entire new sequence, multiple places to send your clients to in order to get what they need for their coaching. I think removing this takes Trainerize away from being a holistic health platform. It used to be a point of difference and now other companies exceed Trainerize with the new update stating that desktop will go for clients. Cost cutting should never mean that quality of service to our clients are neglected. As business owners and consumers we all…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification when client uploads photos

It would be helpful to receive a notification on my phone when a client uploads progress pictures. I am definitely not as quick to get back to clients without this feature as opposed to before I used Trainerize.. progress pic emails would pop up on my phone from clients.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More detail on cardio workouts

Speed Intervals
    Track Treadmill Speeds
    Cardio is much more than just distance and time

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fitbit step count integration

I like to be able to view my clients daily step count. This allows for me to make adjustments on daily activity to fit ones lifestyle through managing step counts/daily activity vs just prescribing specific cardio.

having a feature to allow for step counts to be synced with the trainerize app and possibly prescribe step count goals would be amazing considering fitbit is already synced with the app.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The ability to add more than one program for my clients

I would like to add each of my clients into an accountability group in the group program - and I would like to have each fo my clients in two different programs - their specific customized program, and the program built for the group. It would offer each client customized programming, and accountability within the group if I can subscribe them to cardio, yoga, and other group-oriented programs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assessment options!

The existing tests (BF%, measurements, etc..) are great but offering exercise specific tests would generate additional goal setting and excitement for the client. Example: 1 mike run, 1000 meter row, push up, timed plank, wall sit... measurements are exciting but exercise related standard tests would make it more well rounded

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)