Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders For Master Programs

Allow us to place our different Master Programs into folders, or at least allow us to tag them.

For instance:

Giving us the ability to create a folder such as General Physical Preparedness (GPP) and then store all our GPP programs in the folder for ease of us.

GPP
    - Program 1
    - Program 2
    - etc...

Or

Weight loss
    - Program 1
    - Program 2
    - etc...

This could also be done by allowing us to tag our master programs

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track - Sleep Quality, Stress/Mood, Motivation and Daily Water Intake.

For online coaching purposes having the ability to track the following by allowing the client to rate their daily;

Sleep Quality
    Stress / Mood
    Motivation
    Water Intake.

This will help paint a better overall picture if the client is affected by any of these.

Helps with accountability, adherence and results.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

719 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to add Tempo to Exercises

Add a column after sets and target that has tempo listed in conventional format of ___:___:___:___

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a referral section for clients to refer friends to sign up to your service

Existing member gets discount from next payment, new member gets discount from first month. Trainer gets to pre set what the discount would be.

554 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Options to add in giant sets, compound sets and drop sets. Currently only option on training program is to add super sets.

More variety in type of sets like options for giant sets, rest pause sets, drop sets and compond sets. Currently only option for super sets. More variety is please needed for adavanced programming.

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow clients to save workouts they tweak for future use.

I had a client cancel because he couldn't save a workout that he had tweaked on the fly. He liked that he could substitute on the go, but he wanted to be able to access workouts that he himself had done/created. Would be good (especially for advanced clients) to have this capability

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Food journal

I’d love for there to be an option for notes in the calendar where they can track food notes, energy levels, feelings, water intake, etc so I can see day by day what they are doing. I’d also like to be able to schedule reminders to update their food journal in the calendar.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Connect Fitbit to track clients steps for the day and to set step goals

Connect Fitbit to track clients steps for the day and to set step goals

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a master calendar for personal trainers to see all the work from each client on any day rather than having to individually check clients

It’s be awesome to have a master calendar to see what all clients have scheduled each day and whether or not they complete their tasks that trainers can refer to rather than having to check each client individually to see what they completed or have scheduled for the day.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An undo button Incase you delete workouts or exercises in a workout!!

An undo button Incase you delete workouts or exercises in a workout!!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "End of Month Report"

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Become more body positive, or at least make it an option for those who are!

I would love to see Trainerize become more body positive by not making clients enter their weight and making sure none of the pre-programmed plans have language or focus about/on burning calories and losing weight. I have a weight-neutral practice and am firmly committed to the principles of the Body Positive Fitness Alliance, so I would like the option to click a button to eliminate weight and measurements from my client's experience in Trainerize. I believe it would enhance overall client experience for many people who are alienated from a gym environment and choose to train at home - and…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. signature

have the ability to sign contract or waivers

661 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FILES / Informational Tab - Upload informational videos, documents etc

I just want to be able to upload videos or documents (other than exercises) eg: "How to track on MFP", Macros 101, Guide to Supplements, How Fat Loss Works, Which triaining is best for you etc etc.
    Because this is an online coaching platform you want to be able to give as much information to the client as possible.
    A seperate tab on the overview page would be perfect. And allow clients to be able to access the Files whenever they needed information.

876 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Challenges & Rewards

Set Goals; Let your members set their own goals, or leave it up to the coaches.

Leaderboards: Your top-performing members will get eternal fame when your other members see them shine at the top of your leaderboards.

Social Sharing: After reaching a goal or completing a challenge, your members can share their results on Facebook and Twitter

Group Challenges :Have members work towards common goals to create a community feeling which increases retention rates

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Nutrition plan

Have a Nutrition Plan builder like pt hub please this is a must with supplement integration. and let client add what extras they have eaten
    Also let them add how much water they drunk during the day

Look at Lifesum the app to get an idea of what I mean
    This is a must

748 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 163 164
  • Don't see your idea?