Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

710 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Food journal

I’d love for there to be an option for notes in the calendar where they can track food notes, energy levels, feelings, water intake, etc so I can see day by day what they are doing. I’d also like to be able to schedule reminders to update their food journal in the calendar.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nutrition

Something better than evolution nutrition. User friendly that will allow you to calculate macros for clients and make counting easy for them.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Macronutrient Calculator

An in-app Macro Calculator would be helpful. One that could do the heavy lifting and either update for a single client or mass update clients macros based off of their measurements/progress. This would help for groups or group challenges.

Currently a feature in My PT Hub but not a fan of their UI.

I've brought up this idea to other training software providers and all they do is link me calculators as if I don't know how to use google lol. It would be nice to be able to do this all in-app.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Nutrition Tracking directly from the app!

Currently clients have to connect with Fitbit or MyFitnessPal to track their caloric and macro intake. We need to have this option directly in the app for those who have neither of these other apps and don't necessarily want to download a whole bunch of other stuff in addition to Trainerize. Plus in my opinion it's THE big thing that is missing from Trainerize.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow daily macronutrient planning

A great feature would be to allow trainer to set different macronutrient breakdowns daily, permitting calorie/macro cycling within the week.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nutrition

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Maybe add a different nutrition software, too

Something like nutritics which offers a bit more flexibility in meal selection.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate with MyFitnessPal Web version

ability for clients to integrate tz with the web version of mfp incase they log their food there vs the mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. nutrition

The ability to schedule multiple macronutrient plans for clients. For example, training day nutrition, rest day nutrition refeed days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Non calorie food tracking

Hive clients the option to track food via test or pictures in the app. An app "food diary" that doesnt rely on calorie tracking. Not all trainers and clients use calorie tracking but recording meals and portions is still important to ensure results. For lifestyle clients this would be a much more realistic approach.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Nurish by Design

Some trainers including me use Nurish by design to provide meal plans. It would be a good idea to link it to trainerize just like evolution nutrition is linked on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Meal Plan programming able to be combined with workout programming.

I would love to be able to add custom meal plans to the custom workout programs in order to deliver a full package to the client in 1 program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Time stamp

Time stamp nutritional goal changes in the clients messages. Say you changed their calories or macro percentages, that change would show up in your DMs to that client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. upload bigger files for nutrition plan

Need to be able to upload bigger files to the nutrition plan section because my PDFs don’t fit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Photo food logging

I like that trainerize syncs with My Fitness Pal, it would also be good if it synced with the weight watchers app - so many people are using it. But, a lot of people don't want to take the time to look up and enter all their foods in an app. They just want a quick way to journal to help them be more conscious of what they are doing, and help keep them on track. Photo food logging is an easy way to do this, and it would be really easy for Trainerize to design. A Health Coaching software…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add my carb manager to nutrition tracking options

Connecting the my carb manager app to allow clients to track food and log nutritional goals

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. new meal plan

Send a message letting the client know that their trainer has added a new meal plan to their program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base