Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders For Master Programs

Allow us to place our different Master Programs into folders, or at least allow us to tag them.

For instance:

Giving us the ability to create a folder such as General Physical Preparedness (GPP) and then store all our GPP programs in the folder for ease of us.

GPP
    - Program 1
    - Program 2
    - etc...

Or

Weight loss
    - Program 1
    - Program 2
    - etc...

This could also be done by allowing us to tag our master programs

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

336 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to add Tempo to Exercises

Add a column after sets and target that has tempo listed in conventional format of ___:___:___:___

323 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow clients to save workouts they tweak for future use.

I had a client cancel because he couldn't save a workout that he had tweaked on the fly. He liked that he could substitute on the go, but he wanted to be able to access workouts that he himself had done/created. Would be good (especially for advanced clients) to have this capability

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to keep more than 1 client tab open!

I work 1 on 1, small groups in person not just online being able to get ready for the next in person and also creating would be way helpful!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ALLOW CLIENTS TO SEE THEIR PRESCRIBED MACROS

It would be great if our clients could see the macros that we've prescribed to them.

This could be shown in their dashboard titled as "Calorie & Macronutrient Goals"

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add hip thrust exercise and smith machine exercises

Currently there is only a glute bridge option but no hip thrust exercises (eg. smith machine hip thrust)
    Also noticed there’s not a lot of Smith machine exercises in general or banded exercises.
    Also perhaps some partner exercises would be great as I often train 2 clients together (eg. partner Squats, sit up with medicine ball pass to each other).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to have timed exercises and repped exercises in the same workout

Many times in my workouts I have both times exercises and repped. For example maybe I want to give them a cardio burst after their repped exercises in a mini circuit. Like rope jumping after bicep curls and triceps extensions, for example. I would like to time the rope jumping and count reps on the other.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the app more interactive for clients. Allow a start workout feature that allows you to time the workout

Make the app more interactive for clients. Allow a start workout feature that allows you to time the whole workout and doesn’t let you advance or show the next workout until finished with the previous movement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sports Science Section for R.P.E & Wellness

Would love a section for a sports athlete that tracks R.P.E & Wellness.

If could then be in a graph like your measurements/weight etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH

SHOW A GRAPH REPRESENTING TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH APART FROM PER EXERCISE.

THIS A FUNDAMENTAL AND TOTALLY ESSENTIAL TOOL for strength & conditioning coaches, trainers and serious coaches

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ghost workouts

I would love to have an option to schedule a workout for a hybrid client (in person and online clients) where I can make the notes and monitor their progress directly in Trainerize. But I do not want the client to see the workout in their calendar just me!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better cardio training programs

Better tracking and programming for cardiovascular exercises — like TrainingPeaks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have option to have clients store old workouts, and their old workouts disappear off the screen, but both the client & I can upload the w/

I wish you could write the next program and clients could have access to their old workout while you have the new program available. Since I need to show their current workout and the the previous program it uses too much data and slows down my phone. I would like an option to just be able to send a client their old program, but it would not appear on my app. I would like to be able to access the workout, but it would not clog my memory on my phone in any way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Categorize Workouts

Ability to create sub categories for your workout library

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. View progress in Progression spreadsheet

When creating a progression, I'd like to see the last time a client tracked that particular exercise or workout, that way, I can easily progress sets, reps and weight

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make our master libraries available from our phones.

It is a inconvenience to build programs that are already avaible in my master programs. However, I can’t add them from my phone. Make everything available on the phone app.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to add drop sets, negatives, pyramid, and tempo count

Being able to add drop sets, negatives, pyramid count or static counts, and tempo.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back the ability to create ongoing training plans with no end date.

It would be great if we could bring back the option to create training plans set up as ongoing with no end date. My clients sign up for monthly subscriptions that are recurring as long as the client wants to continue training with me. Having to manage training plans with end dates creates more overhead. The option of setting a very long term on the training plan looks strange to the clients.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base