Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync with the Apple watch

Do you wish to strap your Apple watch to your client during sessions, or have clients use their own Apple watches in session? Leave your comments here and let us know how you would like to see all the heart rate data.

1,119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

158 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We are starting the design work on this feature. What metrics from the Apple Watch are the most important to you?

Thanks. Looking forward to your feedback.

Trevor Chong
    Product Director @ Trainerize.com

2. FILES / Informational Tab - Upload informational videos, documents etc

I just want to be able to upload videos or documents (other than exercises) eg: "How to track on MFP", Macros 101, Guide to Supplements, How Fat Loss Works, Which triaining is best for you etc etc.
    Because this is an online coaching platform you want to be able to give as much information to the client as possible.
    A seperate tab on the overview page would be perfect. And allow clients to be able to access the Files whenever they needed information.

876 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to have sections for each workout such as warmup, strength, assistance, skills, mobility, cool down, etc.

Currently there is no distinction between areas/sections of the workout such as warmup, movement prep, strength, assistance, met-con, skills, cool down, mobility/stretching, etc.
    It would be great to have the sections labeled or the ability to create a custom area/section.
    It would also be great to have templates for each area/section that could be saved and copied to other workouts.

For Example:

Warmup:
    Rower @ 5 minutes

Movement Prep:
    2 Rounds
    10 Air Squats
    10 Leg Swings
    10 KB Swings
    10 Lateral Lunges

Strength:
    Back Squat 5,5,5,5,5 @ 75%

Assistance:
    4 Rounds
    10 KB Split Squat
    10 KB RDL

Stretch/Mobility: …

811 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nutrition plan

Have a Nutrition Plan builder like pt hub please this is a must with supplement integration. and let client add what extras they have eaten
    Also let them add how much water they drunk during the day

Look at Lifesum the app to get an idea of what I mean
    This is a must

748 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

719 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. signature

have the ability to sign contract or waivers

661 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set Up Trainerize to allow us to view whole programs, not just individual workouts

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

615 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a referral section for clients to refer friends to sign up to your service

Existing member gets discount from next payment, new member gets discount from first month. Trainer gets to pre set what the discount would be.

554 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to drop reminders and notes to a client's calendar.

Ability to drop reminders and notes to a client's calendar.

473 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A better timer

The timer needs improving drastically.
    AMRAP & For time options. (Set a a time limit and have a simple plus button to add your rounds)
    EMOM (set the number of rounds with a countdown 5 secs before every minute)
    Circuit (select number of rounds, work and rest time)
    stopwatch (times your workout)

418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow me to schedule other things other than workouts on the calendar.

I would like to be able to assign other things to clients on the calendar.
    For instance, I would like to be able to put their in person appointments or coaching calls on the calendar. I also give them other things to focus on like getting 8 hours of sleep or prepping meals, etc. I would like to be able to make a a custom note on their calendar with a reminder that can say anything I want it to say.

381 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Goals

Clients buy the vision of what you will do for their bodies not the app itself, as awesome as what it is. Where's the section on goals, with deadlines to achieve these? Goals section please, so so important to know, keep track of and work towards. Auto reminder everyday to go out to the client reminding them of their most important goals and confirming they are achieving results that are helping them get there. Thanks D

334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to add Tempo to Exercises

Add a column after sets and target that has tempo listed in conventional format of ___:___:___:___

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow individual customizations on top of master programs

Be able to add individual workouts, auto-messages on top of master programs so you can add another layer of customization.

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

This is something that we are looking into. What additional customizations are you looking for?

Please leave us some comments on some ways you might layer things on top of your program.

Thanks!

17. Garmin connect

This would be huge!

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Not inform clients of every simple change. Create a "save" and "publish" changes feature.

At times a may make 5 to 10 changes over a day. My client then will receive up to 10 emails telling them of the changes. They have informed me this can be annoying for them. Maybe create a "Save" feature and a "publish" feature so client only receives changes once I am ready to release it.
    Ryan

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Trainers to Start Programs on Any Day of The Week

As is, I can only subscribe a client to a program with a start date on a Monday. Not all of my clients billing cycle is set up to start on Monday, and I simply cannot keep up with the workload to create new programs starting on Monday every time. It seems silly that I am unable to start a program on any day of the week.

292 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow client to add notes for each excercise

Now, it's possible for clients to make notes for the whole workout, but not for each excercise. Would be great to do that (Example: "Reduced weight bench press due to DOMS" --> barbell bench press. "New record, yes!" --> Barbell Squat)

Otherwise, great job! Love your Service and my clients do too.

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  iPhone App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We’re currently reviewing exercise-based notes and we need your input to help our team build this out the way you want it.

- Can you give us some examples what you would annotate against an exercise?

- How/when would you like to review exercise notes?

We look forward to hearing your responses! Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 163 164
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base