Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!

What can we improve or add?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

574 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow videos to be sent from camera roll as attachments in messenger.

Currently, videos cannot be sent from clients to me or vice versa. This would be a helpful feature so I don't have to toggle back to texting when a video needs to be sent.

For example, my client needed to send me a video of her home gym, but could not so texted to me.

736 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A better timer

The timer needs improving drastically.
    AMRAP & For time options. (Set a a time limit and have a simple plus button to add your rounds)
    EMOM (set the number of rounds with a countdown 5 secs before every minute)
    Circuit (select number of rounds, work and rest time)
    stopwatch (times your workout)

403 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. we need a way for our clients to be able to "check in" on social media when performing our routines from trainerize app.

I see all of my online clients "checking in" at the gym or club that they are performing the routines I put together for them, but are not "checking in" with trainerize giving credit to the app or my routines.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a seen/like button so trainers can acknowledge that they have seen their clients tracked session/notes

A simple button like a thumbs up so a trainer can let clients know that they have knowledges their clients session and read their notes if possible.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a simple 'add text/note' feature to the Calendar &/or sync with Google Calendar

It would be so nice to just add an accountability reminder note on their calendar -- ex: weigh in / body fat on the 15th and 31st of the month. Almost like usuaing anormal google or outlook calendar. Also, with google syncing (maybe will work with MindBody too) I want to be able to see how far my clients' workouts are scheduled out -- unless there is a scheduled week program, the "needing attention" feature doesn't trigger so you have to individually check each client's calendar to see who needs new workouts scheduled.

Overall, a more user friendly calendar will…

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. create an instagram add on

people should be able to follow my instagram account also

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Regressions and progressions for exercises in a template

It would be brilliant if somehow you could have a regression and progression for exercises in a workout template that us trainers can change.

It can be time consuming to remove an exercise, then to enter a new one and then enter sets, reps, rest & tempos etc. The current way is just like creating a brand new program, only without having to type in the instructions, especially if a client needs every exercise changed.

Some sort of drop down option whereby you can enter say exercise option 1, 2 and 3. 1 being regression, 2 being standard and 3…

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to add instructions to cardio activities rather than have to create tons of templates

When adding cardio to my client's calendars' there is no option to add individual instructions for cardio activities. We don't want it as a workout template because we will need to change every week. Will it be an option in the future to add instructions to cardio?

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a "Send All" feature for workout templates and messages.

Currently, I have to type in each client individually. Sometimes I want to send out announcements to all clients. Sometimes I create a workout that I'd like to send to all clients.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys,

We’ve done an upgrade to the client page. You can sort your clients by training plan names and quickly check off groups of clients to send workouts/message. Give it a shot.

The picking clients to send is slated for our next release.

Let us know if ways we can make it faster for you to work in Trainerize.

Thanks!

12. Allow users to copy workouts from members area to the workout template area

Workouts created in the workout template area can be sent to the client's area but not vice versa.

If you create a alter a template or create a new workout in a client's area and realise that it is a great program you would have to create it again in the workout template area. It would be useful if you could send a workout from client to the workout template area.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow for automation updates for workout templates

I had to update a workout template but it did not automaticly update the template that is already scheduled with clients... So there should be an option to allow me to do that..... this will make it way more efficient to update workouts that may be on hundreds of clients' calendars... It would be too time consuming if I had to go to each individual client and delete and then re-send template which I had to do.. Luckily it was only a few clients

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the keyboard text box to prevent it from covering the trainer bio box, when making edits

Fix the keyboard text box to prevent it from covering the trainer bio box, when making edits

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base