Fitness - Training, Nutrition and Habits

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync with the Apple watch

Do you wish to strap your Apple watch to your client during sessions, or have clients use their own Apple watches in session? Leave your comments here and let us know how you would like to see all the heart rate data.

1,158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

170 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We are starting the design work on this feature. What metrics from the Apple Watch are the most important to you?

Thanks. Looking forward to your feedback.

Trevor Chong
    Product Director @ Trainerize.com

2. Add a daily reminder to the calendar, or schedule daily habits

The ability to set up simple habits for clients to follow and track adherence to i.e. Yes/No to Getting protein at a meal time.

Apps like Habit Bull on Android or websites like Coachific are great examples of these.

870 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to have sections for each workout such as warmup, strength, assistance, skills, mobility, cool down, etc.

Currently there is no distinction between areas/sections of the workout such as warmup, movement prep, strength, assistance, met-con, skills, cool down, mobility/stretching, etc.
    It would be great to have the sections labeled or the ability to create a custom area/section.
    It would also be great to have templates for each area/section that could be saved and copied to other workouts.

For Example:

Warmup:
    Rower @ 5 minutes

Movement Prep:
    2 Rounds
    10 Air Squats
    10 Leg Swings
    10 KB Swings
    10 Lateral Lunges

Strength:
    Back Squat 5,5,5,5,5 @ 75%

Assistance:
    4 Rounds
    10 KB Split Squat
    10 KB RDL

Stretch/Mobility: …

838 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nutrition plan

Have a Nutrition Plan builder like pt hub please this is a must with supplement integration. and let client add what extras they have eaten
    Also let them add how much water they drunk during the day

Look at Lifesum the app to get an idea of what I mean
    This is a must

797 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a referral section for clients to refer friends to sign up to your service

Existing member gets discount from next payment, new member gets discount from first month. Trainer gets to pre set what the discount would be.

730 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. signature

have the ability to sign contract or waivers

728 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set Up Trainerize to allow us to view whole programs, not just individual workouts

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

662 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync appointments with calendar

Give trainers the ability to make appointments within the app for the client. Each client can see the time/date they meet with their trainer. I've had more than a few clients request this as an upgrade. I think it is very necessary.

553 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

505 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We have shortlisted more resistance band exercises to shoot in the upcoming few months.

Do you have any specific requests of exercises that you are looking for?

Also, are you looking for superband (looped resistance bands) or resistance bands with handles?

Thanks!

10. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

471 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to add Tempo to Exercises

Add a column after sets and target that has tempo listed in conventional format of ___:___:___:___

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A better timer

The timer needs improving drastically.
    AMRAP & For time options. (Set a a time limit and have a simple plus button to add your rounds)
    EMOM (set the number of rounds with a countdown 5 secs before every minute)
    Circuit (select number of rounds, work and rest time)
    stopwatch (times your workout)

434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow individual customizations on top of master programs

Be able to add individual workouts, auto-messages on top of master programs so you can add another layer of customization.

339 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

This is something that we are looking into. What additional customizations are you looking for?

Please leave us some comments on some ways you might layer things on top of your program.

Thanks!

14. Allow Trainers to Start Programs on Any Day of The Week

As is, I can only subscribe a client to a program with a start date on a Monday. Not all of my clients billing cycle is set up to start on Monday, and I simply cannot keep up with the workload to create new programs starting on Monday every time. It seems silly that I am unable to start a program on any day of the week.

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Food journal

I’d love for there to be an option for notes in the calendar where they can track food notes, energy levels, feelings, water intake, etc so I can see day by day what they are doing. I’d also like to be able to schedule reminders to update their food journal in the calendar.

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Options to add in giant sets, compound sets and drop sets. Currently only option on training program is to add super sets.

More variety in type of sets like options for giant sets, rest pause sets, drop sets and compond sets. Currently only option for super sets. More variety is please needed for adavanced programming.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Garmin connect

This would be huge!

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Track - Sleep Quality, Stress/Mood, Motivation and Daily Water Intake.

For online coaching purposes having the ability to track the following by allowing the client to rate their daily;

Sleep Quality
    Stress / Mood
    Motivation
    Water Intake.

This will help paint a better overall picture if the client is affected by any of these.

Helps with accountability, adherence and results.

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow clients to save workouts they tweak for future use.

I had a client cancel because he couldn't save a workout that he had tweaked on the fly. He liked that he could substitute on the go, but he wanted to be able to access workouts that he himself had done/created. Would be good (especially for advanced clients) to have this capability

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to build HR or cardio intervals for metcon

I should be able to pick "running" or "rowing" and build out a HR interval workout by picking time and HR zone for that time.

The app should prompt the client as the HR protocols changes.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 170 171
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness - Training, Nutrition and Habits

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base