Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would really like a quick "Like" function for client activity.

To be able to quickly acknowledge them without having to send a full message! Just like on FB or IG, to be able to simply "Like" that they checked in for cardio.

This can be on the overview screen.

912 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
 You can now do it on the web app. The v6.9.16 iOS and Android apps are rolling out and you should see the same functionality over the new few days.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Edit or delete Messages

To have the ability to delete messages from your groups or private messages

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Messages, Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You can now do it with the latest Trainerize v6.9.12 app. Custom app are currently being updated.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Video messaging!!

Video messaging within the app would be a game changer for rapport and relationship building with the client, save time and eliminate the need to use a separate app for messaging

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

With the new v6 app, you can now record a video message directly from the mobile app, or pick from the camera roll.

You can also attach a file in the messenger.

Thanks for supporting this idea. Your vote has been returned to you to revote up another idea.

One related idea you might be interested in is the ability to send video messages via the web application:

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714152-send-video-message-via-web-app

4. Folders For Master Programs

Allow us to place our different Master Programs into folders, or at least allow us to tag them.

For instance:

Giving us the ability to create a folder such as General Physical Preparedness (GPP) and then store all our GPP programs in the folder for ease of us.

GPP
    - Program 1
    - Program 2
    - etc...

Or

Weight loss
    - Program 1
    - Program 2
    - etc...

This could also be done by allowing us to tag our master programs

454 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

With our upgrade on 2 April 2020, you can now tag master programs and organize them under the tags on the left side.

Thanks!

5. Sell multiple product products

Sell multiple product products

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You can now do it with the latest Trainerize v6.9.12 app. Custom apps are currently being updated.

Thanks!

7. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

873 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Happy to announce this has been completed.

Please make sure your clients turn on their diary share to public in MyFitnessPal, then come back to the Trainerize app and hit “Enable diary share” in the MyFitnessPal section.

Thanks for the great idea! Your vote has been returned to you, please come back and upvote another idea at http://ideas.trainerize.com. Thanks!

https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-full-meal-details-now-available-with-the-myfitnesspal-nutrition-integration/?fbclid=IwAR3Cl0M2HHGNUAeMP4oFT7Rr15y87lS-8WP5zRFL46-CCvK_ipKUhw8aVMw

8. Ability to track sleep and add sleep hours

create an entire part of the client profile for them to report sleeping, recovery ratings and stress! Great to have for clients in prep or in crazy training blocks

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Your clients can now use their Apple Watch, Fitbit or Withings wearables to track sleep and have it sync into Trainerize.

For the syncing with the Apple Watch, you will need to go turn on the beta by navigating to the Add-ons > Integration and scrolling down to the botttom and turn Apple Watch beta on.

For Fitbit users, they will need to disconnect and reconnect their account to request for the new sleep permissions.

Manual sleep tracking can also be done by tapping on the sleep tile on the dashboard, opening the graph and hitting +.

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007955332-Apple-Health-and-Apple-Watch

We are also currently working on the sleep habit. What aspect of sleep would you want to set a habit on? Total sleep time, time to sleep, or wake time?

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back to vote on new ideas.
    Thanks!

9. Bulk Add Clients Via CSV

Ability to bulk import clients and subscribe them to master programs without doing it individually.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customize color Scheme

Creating a connection between my brand in my clients is important to me. Customizable colors and branding would be “amazing” for my business. I appreciate your platform, but I don’t want my clients to “feel” like it isn’t “my” platform. Hope that makes sense

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI all,

This can already be done if you purchase a custom mobile app. You can add your custom logo and branding colours.

You can find this within your Add-ons > Custom Mobile Apps section.

11. Re-scheduling the automated workout reminders.

My clients all receiving their reminders at 9am(while at work) is either too late, or too early to do anything other than annoy them.

Please allow us to change/reschedule the automated client workout reminders - preferably individual to the client.

Manually filling their calendars with reminder messages, despite being templated, is tedious.

Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages, Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You can already do this. Clients can simply go into their More > Settings and Notifications to change the reminder time.

Thanks!

12. Steps! We need to able to see our clients steps

We all understand NEAT and how much this count for energy expenditure! We must be able to see our clients steps from their fitbit/ watch of choice. This would make the app near perfect. This is a massive thing for all fat loss clients especially

393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Closing this out as in our previous release, Fitbit and Withings devices now sync their steps into Trainerize.

If you are looking to turn on syncing for Apple Health/Watch, you can turn on the beta within the Add-ons > Integrations and scroll down to the bottom section “Beta labs”.

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back and vote on more ideas at ideas.trainerize.com or add any new suggestions.

Thanks!

13. Allow more customization of branded app

I would like to see more customization choices for those who, like myself, have purchased a branded app.

It's great that we can upload our logos, customize splash landing screen, banners and colors, but at the end of the day, the actual interface of every single own branded Trainerize app is the SAME!!!

I appreciate that making an app and adding all these things to it is a lot of work, but when we purchase one it's to have our business stand out. Therefore we don't necessarily want our app to look like that of the next trainer that comes…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We’re now offering a higher tier of custom apps where there are additional customizations like a themed in-app experience and the ability to split the iOS app into a separate app store listing.

You can see the compared features here:
    https://prnt.sc/s2r1gw

This new app tier is offered as part of our new Studio bundles. Simply upgrade to the new Studio plans and the new app offering is part of the monthly bundle

Thanks!

14. Increase Group Limit above 200 clients

increase the number of clients per group above the current 200 limit

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages, Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

With our upgrade on 16 April 2020, the group limit has been now raised to 1000 clients.

Thanks!

15. Ability to send an particular email based on the product they purchased

If my client buys one one one training, I'd like them to get a custom email that is different from those purchasing a template program etc. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

This can be done by hooking up Trainerize to your favourite e-mail campaign app like Mailchimp or Constant Contact.

Simply use the “new product purchase” or “product start date” event and hook it into an action that subscribes the user to that mailer journey.

Thanks!

16. Manipulating start Dates for Master programs assigned to a group

We are currently unable to manipulate the start date of a master program subscribed to a group! For example, I had a Weightloss challenge set to start on January 15th. When I subscribed all of my challengers to the master program as a group, I was ONLY able to pick the 13th (a Monday) or any Monday for that matter as my start date! So I had to unsubscribe everyone from the group , and then upload ONE BY ONE the same master program/challenge just so that I was able to change the start date of the program! Very tedious…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages, Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

Just to confirm, you can currently do this. Simply click on the three dots beside a group and select “Edit master program setup” to change the start date.

17. Make our branded app available on Apple store

Our app is available on playstore if people look for our brand , this feature is not available on Apple store

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

The new studio custom app offering allows you to do just that.

Thanks!

18. remove weight from dashboard

remove weight from dashboard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a trainer, you can go in a configure their dashboard by clicking on the little gear icon on their dashboard.

The way you rearrange and turn on/off the graph tiles is the way your clients will see it.

As such you can invite a client to the platform and then customize the dashboard to way you would like it.

19. FILES / Informational Tab - Upload informational videos, documents etc

I just want to be able to upload videos or documents (other than exercises) eg: "How to track on MFP", Macros 101, Guide to Supplements, How Fat Loss Works, Which triaining is best for you etc etc.

Because this is an online coaching platform you want to be able to give as much information to the client as possible.

A seperate tab on the overview page would be perfect. And allow clients to be able to access the Files whenever they needed information.

905 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

With the new v6 app, you can now record a video message directly from the mobile app, or pick from the camera roll.

You can also attach a file in the messenger.

Thanks for supporting this idea. Your vote has been returned to you to revote up another idea.

One related idea you might be interested in is the ability to send video messages via the web application:

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714152-send-video-message-via-web-app

20. Macronutrient Calculator

An in-app Macro Calculator would be helpful. One that could do the heavy lifting and either update for a single client or mass update clients macros based off of their measurements/progress. This would help for groups or group challenges.

Currently a feature in My PT Hub but not a fan of their UI.

I've brought up this idea to other training software providers and all they do is link me calculators as if I don't know how to use google lol. It would be nice to be able to do this all in-app.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You can now use the in-app calculator(on the web) when you create a nutrition goal to auto-calculate a client’s macro requirements.

Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base