Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Add an "Other" option to sex

Use sex instead of gender. Allow option not to specify a biological sex.

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
 There is now a non-binary option that a client can select on setting up their account.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Allow set nutritional focus/goals/meal plans to be attached to programs

I would like to see the ability to attach nutritional information to a program. So if someone purchases or is subscribed to a program they are also subscribed to a nutritional guide/goals. This could be a PDF information sheet or a meal plan. So if for example someone is on a muscle gain/fat loss program there can be specific nutritional direction given to compliment that program.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

With the integrated payments within Trainerize, you can now automatically attach a meal plan PDF to the purchased product via the automation options.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Allow for fitbit nutritional data to be viewed on trainerize.

There are a lot of companies who utilize the fitbit for wellness programs. Part of the incentive they provide is entering nutritional data into fitbit. Currently, I would need to require clients to double enter their nutritional data for the day. Once in myfitnesspal and once on Fitbit. If the client could have the option on what they want to use it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

4. I would love a feature in trainerize to where clients can purchase a program that I've created as an automated thing and do it on their own.

I would love a feature in trainerize to where clients can purchase a program that I've created as an automated thing and do it on their own. This is so I can generate more income on a passive level for those who need less hands on support. This feature should include automated emailing too.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

This is now currently possible with Trainerize Pay Beta.

You can build products and sell them on your Trainerize.me page.

On purchase, you can also attach various automated actions to either subscribe someone to a program or join a training group.

More information is here:

https://www.trainerize.com/blog/update/trainerize-pay-beta-update-whats-new/

If you do not see the feature, you can drop us an e-mail at help@trainerize.com to turn the feature on for you. Thanks!

Trevor Chong
    Product Director @ Trainerize

5. Sync with the Apple watch

Do you wish to strap your Apple watch to your client during sessions, or have clients use their own Apple watches in session? Leave your comments here and let us know how you would like to see all the heart rate data.

1,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

T

hanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

Here’s our blog article to learn more about it:
    https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-introducing-the-apple-watch-app-powered-by-trainerize/

If you wish to train yourself as a client with the Apple Watch, you can download the Peak Fitness app and sign in with that.

Learn more here:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046225911-How-can-trainers-train-themselves-as-a-client-too-

Thanks!

6. Custom Messages in Programs

Add the ability to send custom, auto messages within a program. Certain dates will automatically send a message. Custom Messages within Programs

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now schedule messages within the calendar.

Simply open the calendar of a master program or the calendar within a client’s account.

You will see the option to schedule up to 3 messages to be sent out at a particular time..

Thanks for voting up this idea!

7. Ability for clients to view videos in Landscape orientation

I've uploaded my own workout videos, each are around an hour in length. My clients watch, listen and follow. If a phone is all they have available, then it's difficult to see the form in the current default orientation (vertical). Would be nice if when the client turns the phone sideways that the content (video) would rotate with it and show up larger in "landscape" mode.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add more Equipment Choices (e.g. Suspension trainer - TRX)

Hi I'm missing tags for equipment choice being "Suspension trainer (TRX, Rip60etc.)

It would be great if you add these in the list.

• Suspension trainer
    • Sled
    • Tractor Tyre
    • Agility poles
    • Trigger point ball
    46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Workouts notes and client comments about a workout

In the notes tab section when the client is doing it finishing their work out if there could be a notification or 8+ one on the note tab section because my clients leave notes sometimes but I don't know whether or not they left a note unless I tap on the note tab. It would be nice if there was something notifying if a client left a note about their workout without having to tap on the note to see if they did. It would help because the note that they would leave would be regarding about their work out…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With the v6 app released Q3 2019, clients can now leave you an RPE rating and comment. And you reply to the comment and it’s attached to the workout permanently.

Thanks!

10. Disable messaging.

Create the ability to manage messaging settings. Specifically, the ability to disable the messaging feature.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Virtual group training

Provide a way to add multiple clients to the same session who will share the same training plans and calendar for a certain period of time (i.e. 7 days, 30 days) like what is done for group challenges.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI everyone,

Happy to announce we’ve completed this idea. Thanks for supporting the idea everyone.

If you notice in your web app, there is an additional section called Programs. you can now subscribe your clients to programs.

If you wish to do virtual group training (like intakes or bootcamps), you can create a new Training Group and everyone in the group will follow the same program at the same time.

If you wish to have people start at any time, or subscribe to different programs, you can certainly subscribe them directly to a program, but just put them into a regular Fitness Community group.

We hope you enjoy this feature.

Many of you have commented about challenges too. You may wish to vote and leave your comments on this thread for us:
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-general/suggestions/19599250-challenges

Please keep your ideas coming! Thanks!

Team Trainerize

Announcement post:
    http://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-discover-trainerize-programs-new-way-to-deliver-training/

More info on our helpdesk:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004404763-What-is-a-Program-How-do-I-build-one-

12. Make auto-messages from the coach NOT cause unread messages from the trainee to appear as read.

I have 100+ clients. When an auto-message goes out to new clients, say on their 4th day, it functions like a personal message from me and marks any previous unread message from them as read. I can easily miss something they have asked. Same with "message-all" functions - say I want to send everyone a great article or new blog post... suddenly all unread message notifications are gone.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Interval Timer: Allow us to enter work/rest times

The new Interval Timer is awesome! I would like more control over setting the times - specifically, I need it to allow for 60/20, 45/15 and 40/20 work to rest intervals. I don't use Tabatas often, but I'm sure many would appreciate and option for 20/10 as well.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

In the v5 and v6 apps, you are able to create interval workouts with these various rest periods now, so we’re marking this one as completed and returning your vote to you.

Here are some other related ideas you might be interested to upvote:

Build HR interval workouts
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714662-ability-to-build-cardio-intervals

Quickly build tabata
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714671-ability-to-quickly-build-a-tabata-workout

14. Voice prompt stating "half way" on interval timer

When performing an interval workout, it would be nice to have a voice prompt that lets you know when are at the half way mark of the allotted time. Example: for a 30-second exercise a voice prompt says "half way" at 15 seconds.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

The new interval timer with looping videos is slowly rolling out but you can manually turn it on via your settings > Advanced > Enable New Interval Workouts.

Thanks!

15. Rowing metrics - Meters & Calories NOT Miles

When choosing rower for a cardio workout, it should give an option to program the client's workload in both meters and calories. Right now it only allows miles as an option.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

This was added last year in one of our platform updates.

Thanks!

17. Give Clients the option to film video of an exercise for trainer review

It would be great to give clients the ability to shoot a short clip of them performing an exercise for the trainer or coach to review form and make suggestions. I know for a fact this will give our clients a more personal connection and better retention eliminating the need to seek in house trainers for additional coaching.

588 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable business features such as earn a free month for shared trainers and below.

Currently, a business owner has no way to disable features such as earn a free month for any of their trainers. Being able to hide such features would make the app feel more professional, especially when using a customised app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability for clients to quickly view all uploaded files or attachments

Allow something similar to other messengers, have a section where all the files that were sent so they can see all PDFs, excel files, word docs, images etc that I've sent across.

That way I can quickly share files, recipes and it's all in one place.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restrict exercise videos to only custom exercises

Allow administrators the ability to restrict client's exercise library to custom exercises only.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This can already be done by going into Settings > Permissions and turning off the Trainerize exercise library.

Marking this idea as complete to return your vote to you. Please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to more ideas!

Thanks.

1 2 6 8 10 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base