Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!

What can we improve or add?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to add Tempo to Exercises

Add a column after sets and target that has tempo listed in conventional format of ___:___:___:___

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow clients to save workouts they tweak for future use.

I had a client cancel because he couldn't save a workout that he had tweaked on the fly. He liked that he could substitute on the go, but he wanted to be able to access workouts that he himself had done/created. Would be good (especially for advanced clients) to have this capability

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ALLOW CLIENTS TO SEE THEIR PRESCRIBED MACROS

It would be great if our clients could see the macros that we've prescribed to them.

This could be shown in their dashboard titled as "Calorie & Macronutrient Goals"

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to keep more than 1 client tab open!

I work 1 on 1, small groups in person not just online being able to get ready for the next in person and also creating would be way helpful!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add hip thrust exercise and smith machine exercises

Currently there is only a glute bridge option but no hip thrust exercises (eg. smith machine hip thrust)
    Also noticed there’s not a lot of Smith machine exercises in general or banded exercises.
    Also perhaps some partner exercises would be great as I often train 2 clients together (eg. partner Squats, sit up with medicine ball pass to each other).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH

SHOW A GRAPH REPRESENTING TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH APART FROM PER EXERCISE.

THIS A FUNDAMENTAL AND TOTALLY ESSENTIAL TOOL for strength & conditioning coaches, trainers and serious coaches

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make our master libraries available from our phones.

It is a inconvenience to build programs that are already avaible in my master programs. However, I can’t add them from my phone. Make everything available on the phone app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to schedule a rest day instead of just leaving the calendar blank

It would be great to be able to give a rest day on the calendar because if I leave it blank people ask me if that was on purpose or what they should do. I can create a workout and label it rest day but this is a bit more time consuming.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Programming Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back the ability to create ongoing training plans with no end date.

It would be great if we could bring back the option to create training plans set up as ongoing with no end date. My clients sign up for monthly subscriptions that are recurring as long as the client wants to continue training with me. Having to manage training plans with end dates creates more overhead. The option of setting a very long term on the training plan looks strange to the clients.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Weekly challenge

Maybe a section where we can spontaneously send a workout through that stays on for a limited time only then it disappears. Like a weekly challenge, that is only on for a limited time as a extra motivational workout. Trying to do this at the minute but having to put it in their plan but don’t really want them to see it yet!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BE ABLE A AS CLIENT TO ADD MORE WORKOUT

Hi there!

Many of my clients ask me that how could they add specific workouts ,example swimming, dance ect. workout as additional next to my program.
    Right now they can add - running, cycling, walking ect.

Is it possible to expands with like TRX, Dance, Swimming, Power walking, ect ?

Thanks, Simon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for client program segmenting within their program (stretches, warmups, etc.)

Hello! I wanted to reach out and ask if it would be possible to segment the programs section so that it could be organized into section for warm ups, workouts, stretches, etc? Each section would then click into the different workouts for that section, a way to give client an array of workouts/stretches/warmups within their section without bogging them down with a large list of workouts they have to scroll through and keeping it easy to find. I was also wondering if we could add exercises to the cardio section as well or if we can create our own cardio…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to simply add (deliver) pre-made programs in the App

On desktop we can import/export programs now we would like to do it in App

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To be able to set reoccurring calendar events permanently. Currently it seems that there is a 4 month limit

I wish to be able to set up a calendar reoccurrence (Monthly client check ins) that are permanent. Currently it seems that i am limited to four months then i have to set up the reoccurrence again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow assigning Master Programs or adding Subscribers to MPs via tag or group!

I can use filters in the Clients view to message, tag, etc. but I can't do the same when assigning a Master Program to a large group of people. It's SUPER ANNOYING. I forget that you can't do it every time I run a challenge, and I've gone and tagged everyone in the challenge (or added them to a group) and then when it's time to assign or subscribe the Master Program, i have to go in and individually select each name manually.
    Ideal workflow:
    Go to Master Program > Select program > Select Add Subscribers or Copy to/Client's program... …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit/Update tags on custom exercises

As of now, you can edit everything but the assigned tags on a custom exercise. It would be useful to be able to make corrections/changes to the tags you assign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Having more than one method of training in a workout.

I like to create hybrid workouts for my clients that involve starting with strength training, then moving into a circuit style training and then ending in a various timed, HIIT or Tabata type workout. Right now you can only choose one training method and it would be nice to be able to add in all three styles into one workout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base