Fitness - Training, Nutrition and Habits

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync appointments with calendar

Give trainers the ability to make appointments within the app for the client. Each client can see the time/date they meet with their trainer. I've had more than a few clients request this as an upgrade. I think it is very necessary.

546 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meal Planning

This software should really include its own database (similar to how we create workouts) but for meal plans. I realize you can do this with Evolutuon Nutrition but it really is a pain the the rear using all these different apps and softwares. Trainerize allowing this to happen in their own software would be HUGE!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to include workout but not the instructions on Print Out!

When I use Trainerize for planning my clients in person sessions, I don't need the instructions only the workout and tracking sheet.

Currently there is no option to have only these two on the print out as the instructions include the workout and the instructions for each exercise in the workout.

Additionally Maybe this could be possible by including the workout reps/sets weight etc on the tracking sheet, if you print the tracking sheet it does not include the actual workouts in reps/sets you have planned.This way you could get away with just printing the stats sheet if this was…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Program plan date change ability ( start and end )

I hope ot be able to change start day and date the program plan instead of the defuelt day Monday always

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rate your workout feature

A rate your workout feature would be beneficial. I have my clients rate their workout in the notes section on a scale of 1 being easy and 10 being hard. That way I can adjust when I design their next week/plan. An easy star rating after they finish would be nice.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically Play Videos During Timed Circuits

I cannot stand that you have to pause the circuit or interval workouts to view the videos. I think it would be great to have the videos automatically play as each exercise begins or at least have an option to automatically play or pause. It wastes a lot of time to have to pause and watch. I would love the ability to create a non stop work out that goes from video to video without having to pause.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pull up workouts from templates

I would like to be able to pull up a workout from my saved training templates (in the app) without going into a client's individual profile.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove workouts left after adjusting end date.

When adjusting an end date to put a new training plan in that place, delete the leftover scheduled workouts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add more capabilities for printing workouts

It would be cool to be able to download a picture and video for the same exercise and have the option of switching between them on the fly for printing purposes. When I print a template workout, it only shows the thumbnail of the video, which doesn't always show the correct angle of the exercise to be performed. It would be nice to be able to click on a button and change all the thumbnail videos to pictures of my choice for each exercise. The way it's set up right now, I have to choose between uploading a video or…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a "Tempo" column

Please add a "tempo" column into the exercises where sets and reps are. This way it will look cleaner and easier to let explain what tempo per exercise.

Thanks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Substituting Exercises

It's great to be able to substitute an exercise. I would like the App to allow me to substitute an exercise for just one round instead of all rounds of that exercise. In case, they do the first round with the original exercise and then switch it out later.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple clients in multiple tabs

Be able to have different clients in different tabs so I can tab back and forth and compare between them.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Zoom meetings as an option in addition to Skype-better reception!

I've had much more success with Zoom for online sessions than Skype. The reception is much better, both video and audio, and the sessions don't ever get dropped as they have with Skype, many times.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a circuit within a workout in Workout Builder

To create a circuit for clients to complete at the end of their regular workout.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. App freeze

On the computer, when building workout templates, if I drag and drop any exercise or rest the trainerize app freezes and I have to start over. I cannot build any workouts or programs if this continues. Please fix, it is extremely irritating and frustrating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make A Coach's DashBoard rather than per person Dash view

Viewing per person is not truly a dashboard view for a coach... it is a client specific view which creates immense time demand

The Coach's Dash should allow:

1) Day view showing ALL client scheduled workouts that day. In the side area of screen it should show client details when one is selected

2) Week View showing ALL client scheduled workouts in order of time schedule and show completed state. Also showing to the side day details when a day is selected.

3) Month or 2 week view with similar functionality.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scheduling software

I would like to sign up with you but we do not like mindbody, we used to have it but we cxl it. We now use setmore and have been really happy with that. We originally had it, then we switched to mindbody and early this year we switched back. It will be awesome if we can use setmore as well. Then we will sign up with you guys as we love your functions etc.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom images for workouts or exercises independent of exercise video

After creating a workout with a number of exercises, in the training plan, each workout is illustrated with the image or video thumbnail of the first exercise in that workout. For instance, I might have a leg workout, and the first exercise is a warmup with the image of a person warming up on a treadmill. This image is not really representative of the workout I created, I might prefer to have an image of a barbell squat, or a lunge - but I might not want that exercise first. In fact, it would be nice to be able to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate with Gravity Forms, My Fitness Pal and FitBit

Integrate with Gravity Forms, My Fitness Pal and FitBit

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A better Workout builder

The workout builder is outdated imo.

I have a fullHD screen and the builder uses 28% of the available pixels. Using more screen real estate would improve it a lot and give space for even more functions.

You should build the workout from top down, searching each line for the relevant exercise instead of having a universal search box and having us draging the exercises over. Think of having a Google search box with out auto complete every line showing the exercise FAST. If it's a new exercise just add it without having us saving it as a custom exercise,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Webapp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness - Training, Nutrition and Habits

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base