Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. On a product purchased, send custom mailchimp emails based on specific products purchased

For each product, allow either:

1. custom email or internal message sent to them based on the product (each product email would have a different follow up)

or

1. Allow Zapier to connect to Mailchimp with a trigger to a specific product purchased.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

With Zapier, you can start with the Trainerize “product start” or “product purchased” event, then cause it to subscribe a client to a MailChimp, AWeber or Constant Contact e-mail journey.

Please see:
    https://zapier.com/apps/trainerize/integrations

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Adjustable Tiles on client dashboard

My clients don’t need the default tiles currently on each dashboard... I track caliper % .. not generic BF (double work re entering info) I don’t use HR but do track inches ... The updated client dashboard is more aesthetically pleasing but since all of my 80+ clients aren’t using those tangibles for progress the dashboard really loses any ‘quick look’ appeal like it was intended for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Now you can click on the gear icon on the dashboard to configure the tiles on a client’s dashboard.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. I would really like a quick "Like" function for client activity.

To be able to quickly acknowledge them without having to send a full message! Just like on FB or IG, to be able to simply "Like" that they checked in for cardio.

This can be on the overview screen.

909 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now do it on the web app. The v6.9.16 iOS and Android apps are rolling out and you should see the same functionality over the new few days.

Thanks!

4. Be able to record video workouts (an entire PT session, sequence of workouts)

Being able to film a video of a PT session, class, sequence of warm-ups/cool down stretches that a client can follow along with.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now drop full-length classes/workouts.

You can find out more here:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044615112-Step-by-step-guide-to-creating-video-workouts

If you are interested in building out on-demand programs, add your vote here to stay updated as that’s next on the list.

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/41657269

Thanks!

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send setup link via SMS to a client

Ability to use Zapier to send the setup link to a client via SMS

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now do this by looking under Add-ons > Zapier and using the Traineirze —> Click Send zap.

Thanks!

7. Send custom welcome email via Gmail

Ability to use Zapier to send a custom email via Gmail with the setup link.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’ve published this zap template. Simply look in the Add-ons > Zapier section.

Thanks!

8. Update meal plan action

Be able to change a client's meal plan PDF by using a Google drive or Dropbox file.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Zapier  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

The zapier options now allow you to modify a client’s meal plan using the “Attach meal plan PDF” action and attach a file from Google Drive or Drop box.

Similarly, you can now use the payments features in Trainerize to automate this.

On purchasing of a product, you can have a meal plan PDF automatically attached to the client.

Thanks!

9. Find client action

Similar to the other apps, be able to have a Find client action to locate a client by e-mail, then run other subsequent actions on it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Zapier  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

10. Video Calls within Trainerize

Be able to place a video call to a client directly in Trainerize.

308 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now schedule video call within the appointments tab.

Clients can join video calls directly within the Trainerize app, creating a seamless one-app experience.

You can find out more about it here:
    https://www.trainerize.com/video-coaching/

Thanks!

11. Garmin Connect

It seems a lot of the major fitness tracking apps are missing. Not having Garmin Connect or even Polar seems a missed opportunity.

1,962 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Trainerize Pay to integrate on my own website instead of taking the user to Trainerize.me

Right now when a client selects a program and goes to pay for it, they are taken off my website onto Trainerize.me. I would rather keep them on my website and then redirect them to a post-payment screen that is still on my website. I can do this with Stripe integration, but would prefer to use Trainerize Pay.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow more customization of branded app

I would like to see more customization choices for those who, like myself, have purchased a branded app.

It's great that we can upload our logos, customize splash landing screen, banners and colors, but at the end of the day, the actual interface of every single own branded Trainerize app is the SAME!!!

I appreciate that making an app and adding all these things to it is a lot of work, but when we purchase one it's to have our business stand out. Therefore we don't necessarily want our app to look like that of the next trainer that comes…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re now offering a higher tier of custom apps where there are additional customizations like a themed in-app experience and the ability to split the iOS app into a separate app store listing.

You can see the compared features here:
    https://prnt.sc/s2r1gw

This new app tier is offered as part of our new Studio bundles. Simply upgrade to the new Studio plans and the new app offering is part of the monthly bundle

Thanks!

14. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

2,430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Build workouts from mobile app

Build workouts from mobile app

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to track sleep and add sleep hours

create an entire part of the client profile for them to report sleeping, recovery ratings and stress! Great to have for clients in prep or in crazy training blocks

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Your clients can now use their Apple Watch, Fitbit or Withings wearables to track sleep and have it sync into Trainerize.

For the syncing with the Apple Watch, you will need to go turn on the beta by navigating to the Add-ons > Integration and scrolling down to the botttom and turn Apple Watch beta on.

For Fitbit users, they will need to disconnect and reconnect their account to request for the new sleep permissions.

Manual sleep tracking can also be done by tapping on the sleep tile on the dashboard, opening the graph and hitting +.

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007955332-Apple-Health-and-Apple-Watch

We are also currently working on the sleep habit. What aspect of sleep would you want to set a habit on? Total sleep time, time to sleep, or wake time?

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back to vote on new ideas.
    Thanks!

17. Video messaging!!

Video messaging within the app would be a game changer for rapport and relationship building with the client, save time and eliminate the need to use a separate app for messaging

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

With the new v6 app, you can now record a video message directly from the mobile app, or pick from the camera roll.

You can also attach a file in the messenger.

Thanks for supporting this idea. Your vote has been returned to you to revote up another idea.

One related idea you might be interested in is the ability to send video messages via the web application:

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714152-send-video-message-via-web-app

18. control who can post in a group

I wish I could turn off the ability for group members to post in a group. For example, I would love to have a group that I use just for Resources where I could post links and information for clients...but not have them comment and clutter up the group.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Folders to categorize workouts. I.E HIIT workouts, strength training, yoga, etc

Categorize folders into programs.

So you can have a folder for HIIT workouts. And I client can access that folder for any HIIT workout.

Strength training folders etc.

Have the ability to create folders in a master program, and assign workouts to that folder

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can already do this by applying tags to workouts.

Thanks!

20. Be able to subscribe clients up for multiple programs (individual + other programs)

Be able to sign clients up for multiple programs. They could keep their individual program and be subscribed to other mobility programs or challenge programs.

992 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base