I suggest you ...

Hide past Training Plans from clients => HUGE

The new future training plans process is really great, however, IMO there is a bug that has to be fixed.

As it is now, once a training plan is "expired" a client can still access all the workouts from their online training plan history OR mobile via the web OR mobile if they do not have a new training plan (ie they discontinue or are taking time off). I JUST found this out when a client opted to not renew a program they had been doing and they explained that would just do the last program "like a coupe other clients had been doing". Even thought my programming changes each time they figured they could do the old one and keep going.

I have a lot of clients (groups) doing online specialty training programs which, once completed, I do not want them to have access to (eliminates the oppty for future sales since, from their perspective, they still have the old program).

As the coach, I would like to see the history of my clients training when I pull up their account; however, I would like for my clients to only view their current plan and whatever calendar visibility to the future that I allow.

I see where this is costing me a lot of money now and would really like to see this change. My only other options are doing this another way other than Trainerize, or tediously going into each and every account and deleting ALL their old programs. (This is about 4-7 training plans for about 40 people each just for the specialty programs.)

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob Yontz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to hide previous training plans from clients view as well. The why seems very straightforward to me.

• AdminTrevor (Product Director, Trainerize) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Elis for jumping in with the solutions.

Anja/Rob: Is there a reason why you do not deactivate your clients once they stop paying you so you cut off access to the system? In that way they do not have access to any training plans until they go onto a new plan? That would free up the active clients so you won't be paying for them.

Also, have you checked out our Settings > App Automation Section? There are quite a few cool Zapier automations you can now grab so activation/deactivation can be automated based on the method you are managing your subscriptions. If you need help with customizing these automation, please do not hesitate to contact us in-app. Thanks!

• Anja Dikeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. If clients do a program and I have to change it because they don't like exercises or they can't do them or have pain, then I have to delete it and start over.

Then when I renew the program, I put those exercises back in and it sucks, because then the clients have the same problems, so YES, we need to see what we had them do in the past without them seeing their old programs.

• Elis Mar Einarsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add to my comment and say that I now support the idea :)

I still think my other solutions are valid, but let's say you still choose to have non-paying client active on your system, then I understand that you might want to limit what they see.

I also see the possibility to sell access to the system to log their own training without access to the programs provided by the trainer (if they previously had bought services).

So a simple switch to turn a training's plan visibility on or off for the client would be great! :)

• Elis Mar Einarsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need to delete anything. Here are my proposed solutions :)

1. Disable people not paying you (why should they access anything if they didn't pay you?). This doesn't delete anything, but they can't access your service.
        2. Create a new plan that startes when the old one finishes, and include no training plans (but again, why should they be able to log in if they are not paying?)
        3. Create a (cheap-ish $10) package that includes access to your system and any old programs they might have done earlier, plus the ability to log your own training. Then when they feel like the're stuck with they training, they'll upgrade again to the full deal :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base