I suggest you ...

Additional gender options.

Provide additional gender options for selection. Use gender instead of "sex".

120 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTrevor (Product Director, Trainerize) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Lmao you literally need to know their actual scientific gender in order to determine RMR and MMR. It’s not about what you “think” you are.

• Gabriel DeVine commented  · 

It's relevant when it comes to determining RMR-- Leave it, and leave it as "sex," not "gender," since they're two different things.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The unfortunate thing is gender does play a roll when you are calculating caloric needs so as a trainer I would like to know this information to help with nutrition info,

• Anonymous commented  · 

Gender identity is both complicated and simple.
        Instead of male/female, how about...
        Gender Identity: male/female/fluid/neutral?
        Pretty much covers the bases.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just remove the option. Lots of us don't want it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Do this quickly and as well as doing something great and right for the world you could also get some good media coverage. If the Canadian Passport office can do it, you can too

• Davin Yannick commented  · 

OTHER, with an open space for customizing gender specification,
        Agender
        FTM
        MTF
        Gender Queer
        Gender Fluid
        Masuline of Center
        Feminine of Center
        I'm assuming you know/ can find out what FTM and MTF mean.I find the Other, custom option important if your format will support it as it allows people to tell you who they really are, even if the other options do not. There are so many ways to identify, I really feel you risk alienating people without that option.
        I can see for a trainer how information about someone's given body type may be applicable but you will not know that from all of these options. I still think giving people a place to voice who they really are with someone they are going to work closely with on issues around their body, which can be upsetting to some trans* and gender diverse people, is important. If it matters, I would choose the Other category.
        Thanks for asking.

• Sam commented  · 

If you manage to action this quickly, it could lead to some great media coverage for your app (as well as just being a great thing to do!)

• Diane Zerr commented  · 

Gender has no use within the app, please remove it.

• Candace Loomis commented  · 

This question has nothing to do with the function of the app, please remove it.

• Frank Incensed commented  · 

Make the gender responses more inclusive, or remove the field in the app please.

• K Grey commented  · 

This question not only isn't necessary but it is exclusionary.

• Cole commented  · 

I'm non-binary, and as it stands I can't use this app. Either make the gender field inclusive, or remove it entirely if it serves no actual purpose.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please remove this irrelevant question. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, additional gender options. If Passport Canada can do it, so can you. And keep the Sex question if you like, just change the choices to "Yes, please" or "No, Thank You." ;)

• Maurine commented  · 

It's very outdated, and not in favour of what is an otherwise good app. Just fix it asap before anyone more notices.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base