I suggest you ...

Set Up Trainerize to allow us to view whole programs, not just individual workouts

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

71 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Even if it were only available in the desktop software it would be good or auto save with swipe left and right quickly between days

• Elis Mar Einarsson commented  · 

I think the most important part of this feature should be simplicity, and making it possible to select exerises, sets and reps very fast and with out lots of clicking.

If I could for example only use my keyboard to move between fields with tab, search for the exercise and then and having a auto complete drop down list to select the correct exercise, then move on to sets and reps with the tab, and like that add all exercises without touching my mouse I'd be super happy :)

I see with other platforms that they add too many fields by default and it becomes too much work to program.

Ditch the youtube search, and rather make that part of the exercise creation dialog.

Example using current design: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iNMMFPTdA-dspTVKqN3oAk-3LlPhRbC-/view?usp=sharing

Here is a picture of how I program in excel, before moving the workouts to Trainerize
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Nz2jJtaqKNFZHYSooC_kNMy8R8rxbBn/view?usp=sharing

For me it's all about having an oversight of the total volume per muscles per workout and the weekly volume.
        It's first when I move the exercises into Trainerize that I start pairing exercises together and figuring out supersets, etc. At that point I might adjust the sets to make it a bit more userfriendly.

• Christina Kenyon commented  · 

I typically write routines on a per-week basis, between two and six routines per week, depending on client, goals, and training age. Right now it's a bit of a pain to go through each of the weeklies for different groups to ensure that there's sufficient volume per major muscle group across the entire week.

The ability to open multiple routines side-by-side -- ideally up to six, but even two would be an improvement -- would be really helpful, even without the ability to edit them.

Ideally I'd like to see a lot more tools for writing and analyzing workouts (both pre- and post-) by week, month, and/or training cycle rather than simply as discrete routines.

Feedback and Knowledge Base