Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

We are continually upgrading the trainer experience within Trainerize. Let us know what additional workflows or features we can add to help make your exercise and nutrition programming experience even better!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas for Trainerize.  We monitor this space frequently and this is one of the avenues we keep a pulse on what our trainers want.

Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. If an idea is under review or completed, you will be notified by email.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track - Sleep Quality, Stress/Mood, Motivation and Daily Water Intake.

For online coaching purposes having the ability to track the following by allowing the client to rate their daily;

Sleep Quality
    Stress / Mood
    Motivation
    Water Intake.

This will help paint a better overall picture if the client is affected by any of these.

Helps with accountability, adherence and results.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a master calendar for personal trainers to see all the work from each client on any day rather than having to individually check clients

It’s be awesome to have a master calendar to see what all clients have scheduled each day and whether or not they complete their tasks that trainers can refer to rather than having to check each client individually to see what they completed or have scheduled for the day.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "End of Month Report"

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Become more body positive, or at least make it an option for those who are!

I would love to see Trainerize become more body positive by not making clients enter their weight and making sure none of the pre-programmed plans have language or focus about/on burning calories and losing weight. I have a weight-neutral practice and am firmly committed to the principles of the Body Positive Fitness Alliance, so I would like the option to click a button to eliminate weight and measurements from my client's experience in Trainerize. I believe it would enhance overall client experience for many people who are alienated from a gym environment and choose to train at home - and…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Challenges & Rewards

Set Goals; Let your members set their own goals, or leave it up to the coaches.

Leaderboards: Your top-performing members will get eternal fame when your other members see them shine at the top of your leaderboards.

Social Sharing: After reaching a goal or completing a challenge, your members can share their results on Facebook and Twitter

Group Challenges :Have members work towards common goals to create a community feeling which increases retention rates

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set Up Trainerize to allow us to view whole programs, not just individual workouts

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

616 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for check in forms to be completed through Trainerize where clients can update lots more information.

We need a space within each clients file for them to update check in details in full.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to drop reminders and notes to a client's calendar.

Ability to drop reminders and notes to a client's calendar.

474 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add teaching modules/eCourse

Allow trainers to upload videos and schedule teaching modules on a clients calendar.

Just as we can build a 12 week workout program, I’d like to build an accompanying 12 week eCourse (ie. A weekly video)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A better timer

The timer needs improving drastically.
    AMRAP & For time options. (Set a a time limit and have a simple plus button to add your rounds)
    EMOM (set the number of rounds with a countdown 5 secs before every minute)
    Circuit (select number of rounds, work and rest time)
    stopwatch (times your workout)

418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The option to purchase multiple products

The option to purchase multiple services. I have people on weekly challenges who cannot purchase future active testing services and add PTs to their regime. This option would greatly improve the Hybrid training services I offer, meeting up with them and not being able to sell them another product is frustrating for both.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Coach's calendar

One master calendar for coaches to see everyone's scheduled workouts in one place and make changes quickly and easily instead of having to go into each client's personal calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Trainers to Schedule Pre-recorded informational videos

Allow trainers to Schedule Pre-recorded informational videos that clients need to watch / check off.

These could be <5 min quick tips on Nutrition, training technique etc to add more value to clients. Other training online training apps currently do something like this.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overall Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keep the desktop version

With the desktop version you have the capacity to add attachments that are useful for your clients. It avoids having an entire new sequence, multiple places to send your clients to in order to get what they need for their coaching. I think removing this takes Trainerize away from being a holistic health platform. It used to be a point of difference and now other companies exceed Trainerize with the new update stating that desktop will go for clients. Cost cutting should never mean that quality of service to our clients are neglected. As business owners and consumers we all…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase the character count limit for goals

The character count for goals is very small making it difficult to write specific goals for clients. We used to be able to write longer goals before the platform update

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Connect to all Activity Trackers (Polar, Apple, Samsung, Garmin, etc) SHOW DAILY STEPS w/ connection

Allow users to connect any activity tracker, make each persons daily steps viewable to the trainer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add more exercises for women specifically.

Women lift in a different way and need specific set routines and exercises. Please add to the trainerize library more programs/exercises

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add video messaging

Add direct video messaging to and from clients to correct form and add value through a personal interaction with clients through individual messages and group messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an ‘attachments’ tab, viewable for clients

Have an ‘attachments’ tab where we, can add PDFs to our clients program so we can give them more information.
    For example, “Grocery List Example,” “What is IF?” Or “Intro to Macronutrients.”
    As of now, I email them but It does become a problem when I ask “Did you read this PDF?” And they respond “No, I’ll have to search through my emails.” Or “I must have deleted it.”
    It would be more efficient and convenient to have a tab within the app, where the client can click on the PDF, which they wish to read, at any given time…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71
  • Don't see your idea?

Fitness, Nutrition & Training Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base