What can we improve or add?

Free Trial Period

I want to create a program where I can "sell" a 1 week free trial. With payments they have to put in a CC number before they can move on and I think that will scare everyone away. I would like for it to only require a payment if the cost is greater than .01

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Allie Smith-Cobb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminTrevor (Product Director, Trainerize) responded  · 

Hi everyone,

We’re reviewing this idea. How long do you currently want to offer for a trial period?

Also, do you want to take their credit card upfront for the free trial?

What happens when the free trial ends?

Thanks!

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Free trial for 14 days. Take credit card at the end of the trial. At the end of free trial to provide service options client can choose from for purchase.

• Allie Smith-Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've collected payment both ways (before the trial and at the end). Seems to work better at the end. Trial is around 10-20 days. When the trial ends, they are sent to a funnel where they can sign up for my month to month online training program. Right now I'm using a chat box to send them to that funnel. But also use trainerize messages to communicate the end of the program coming up soon.

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, give online trainers the ability to compete with other platforms that allow the same and for clients to be able to see what they are getting before they go all in. There are Pros and cons to CC however I do think its necessary. Credit card info upfront definitely and inform clients they won't be charged until after trial period. If you don't do credit card information upfront the platform needs to be able to automatically remove/unsubscribe client and remove access because then it becomes cumbersome to keep up. The current subscription I have set up and how the platform is set up I have to cancel subscriptions myself manually when someone wants to end the program. If you don't take credit card info upfront the person can still have access and use the program and you may not catch it until late. For me personally, I manage over 200 clients online and that wouldn't be very productive.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to "purchase" a free trial period would work well. Having our own options to set the trail length and whether to collect CC info or not would be great. This gives the client an opportunity to have a "buy it now" ability for the free trial, thus get the client's foot in the door without waiting to discuss with a trainer and potentially lose the sale. I tried to implement this in the "services" page of the trainerize profile but it requires a price over $0 to be plugged in.

• tyler aarons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should have the option to have a credit card up front or not, that would be perfect, a 7-10 day trial period would be ideal. I agree with Allie smith-cobb ideas on everything else

• Clare Gangadeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think 3-7 days would be ideal. Not sure about credit card upfront either has pro's and cons. Perhaps the option to turn it on and off?

• Allie Smith-Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I offer a 7 day and a 10 day. Yes I want to collect the CC before the trial period.

Currently for my trial, they are subscribed to my membership program which is a month-to-month training membership. at the end of the trial, they get billed and keep going through the program.

But I would also like there to be an option where I attach them to a "jumpstart program" where they try that for x amount of days, and afterwards are transferred to the membership program or inactivated due to cancelling the trial.

If this is going to be a thing, it would be nice that you can set a future inactivation date. Because if they want to cancel the trial but you want them to get the full experience, you can set it to be inactivated at the end of 10 days.

• Daniel Fresquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to bump this one because I think that clients that win free training (a promo code) as part of a promotion shouldn't have to add their CC info to redeem it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base