Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1433 results found

1. Remember the exercise volume from an exercise not from the last time you did it, but from the last time you did it on that workout.

Currently if I have a programme that has the same exercise on a few different days the app shows the volume lifted last time I completed that exercise..However if I’m doing a daily undulating periodisation I could have the same exercise twice in a week, once heavy and once light. Currently it shows my previous volume from the last time I did the exercise but not in the context of the volume in the same workout.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. improve the "substitute" exercise function

It would be great if when clients went to substitute a move they had options limited to exercises they have done historically or even direct progression or regression options.

Maybe having some pre-selected options as backups when programming, instead of clients opening the full library to all potential substitutes.

Equally maybe just swapping for that particular round instead of the whole workout in the case of a piece of kit being used temporarily.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3D

Virtuagym has this on their app. It's the only thing I like about VG. It's a body, you click on the part of the body you want to work. then it pulls up a vast number of Virtual 3D exercises that the client can do just in case the exercise they are scheduled to do in the gym is not available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH

SHOW A GRAPH REPRESENTING TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH APART FROM PER EXERCISE.

THIS A FUNDAMENTAL AND TOTALLY ESSENTIAL TOOL for strength & conditioning coaches, trainers and serious coaches

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy and paste workouts

I would love to be able to copy and paste workouts and adjust them as needed for the following. Versus having to retype the whole workout over and over when progressing a client.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Technique randomizer!

🙋🏼‍♂️Movement randomizer feature!!!!

Example: I’m building a pushing workout. I have bench press, dumbbell press, incline dumbbell press and military press... is love to have a feature where I could insert a randomized block that’s set to choose from specific movements that I select. Say after the four I want two random isolated pushing movements. So I could select tricep push down, skull crushers, Sphinx push ups, Bobineaux the head dumbbell extensions or lay pull over...

each time the client open the workout it will automatically be set to one of those movements that I set to randomly select.

Further,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. auto fields

Using auto fields in areas like workout instructions and program overview would be huge.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow clients in my membership app to browse a list of programs, and let them self select/pick what program they want to follow.

Be able to sell one price base membership, when clients sign up, allow them to pick their equipment or level and automatically assign them the correct program based on their input. Once the user is a member, if that needs to change and they want to level up, They can go open up the program picture again and select a new program.

The sweat app, Nike app and freeletics allows members to click directly on a program they want to do so they can have a wide selection.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Access past training weeks

Clients able to access to past training weeks, via the app

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a Complete Programming View

When I'm programming I like to be able to see everything I've programmed for the client over the last couple of months to get a big picture of what progressions I'm following etc. Right now I'm basically listing the exercises outside of Trainerize so I have a quick-glance option when I'm writing their next program, which seems a bit silly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow "Plans" under a Master Program be set for "1 month" vs only by weeks.

For billing, it's much easier for plans to be monthly not just by a set number of weeks. I realize I can customize per client for whom the plan is "copied to" but this takes extra steps since for my purposes, all clients are billed monthly, not weekly. I see this same idea mentioned elsewhere and I voted on it, but I'm not as concerned with the syncroniztion with Mindbody as I am just for the sake of selling/billing on a "monthly" basis vs weekly basis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Low workout compliance, without scheduled workouts

Low workout compliance, without scheduled workouts.

With the new compliance for nutrition and workout, i need a option to track workout compliance also, for the clients who have not scheduled their workouts ahead of time.

Example: "tag client with less than 3 workouts each week" or "low workout compliance with clients less than 2 workouts each week" etc.

Hope this can be a feature soon, together with the new (and awesome) compliance feature.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add timed reps

I love that we are able to build workouts as regular, circuit or timed. But I often build workouts for my clients that include number rep ranges and with timed reps. All my clients love the timer feature of the interval training timer. So I wish we were able to use the timed rep feature as an option when building a regular workout.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. TUT tracking

A third field of recording time under tension. We can perscribe time under tension in the field for reps. But, we have no way to track if the client has out performed a devious time under tension or total volume of a set that includes time under tension, weight and repetitions.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A level up system for Calisthenics.

Anyone who knows about Calisthenics understands that progression means a whole new exercise, although it might be a slight adjustment, but it's still a new move. It is not "adding weight", it is not a numerical thing that can be kept up with in Trainerize. As it stands, it would be very difficult to keep up with multi individuals progress and making sure they had the next move when it was needed.

My suggestion is a level up system, something that does exist with certain apps like Thenics. The idea being when a goal (reps or time) is met with…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a copy and past in to the workout builder. Especially for interval training.

To build workouts much faster, a copy and paste feature where the (select and) delete exercises or circuit a group of exercises.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have an EMOM or E2MOM workouts

An every minute on the minute function allows the trainer to create a routine with different exercises that are done for a certain amount of reps with in the time frame window of a minute.
    Example:
    Min 0+1: Row 100 meters
    Min 1-2: push-ups x 15
    Min 2-3 pull-ups x 10
    Min 3-4 Bike 10 cals
    Min 4-5 Kettlebell Swings x 15
    Min 5-6 Goblet Squats x10
    Min 6-7 Rest
    What ever time is left over in the window of said Minute is the clients rest period

Or ....
    Every 2 Minutes:
    Ski machine 100 meters
    Push Press x 10…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import existing program, and have app automate exercise videos matched to it.

Similar to myfitnesspal with recipes, after you put in the ingredients, myfitnesspal pal matches it to their database and asks you to review before finalizing. If we could import existing programs, and have trainerize match with heir video library and allow for review, this would be a whole new level for this platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow clients to be queued or subscribed to a different future program in advance

At the moment, clients can only be subscribed to one program at a time. This is a problem if a client's program is, for example, ending in two weeks and i want to have them automatically switched to a new program at the end of those two weeks.

Being able to cue up the program subscription in a future date will help.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base