Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

190 results found

1. Custom habit descriptions, videos and editing

Some of the other recommendations on this thread said it but I think they all tie in together. The habit feature would be so much better/stickier if we could...
    1. Write a description/outline for custom habits when we program them into clients calendars.
    2. Attach a custom video/icon to that habit.
    3. Edit habits on the fly in the clients calender. If we had them adding 2 cups of water a day, we should be able to add another two without cancelling the habit. It's all part of developing the same "skill tree" and I'd like to see their completion…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ICONS FOR CUSTOM HABITS

Provide the option to choose an icon to pair with custom habits so that when it reflects on the client's calendar it looks like the built in master habits from Trainerize. These icons add a great visual element when I see built in habits scheduled.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Manage Habits

When setting Current Habits it would be beneficial to be able to “reorder” the order of those habits. While typically we would not have more than 3 there are times when it is needed. Also, being able to “Edit” a habit would be nice especially for the title in case you have made a spelling error and need to correct it. Currently the only way to fix that would be to delete the habit and recreate a habit.

Reorder

Water (24oz)

Water (48oz)

Water (72oz)

Walk – 15 min

Water (100oz)

Anytime I add a new habit it reorders alphabetically
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Scheduling macro/nutrition manipulation & history logs

The ability to schedule a macro/nutrition goal update to a client's profile would be very appealing! For example: I work with clients in a ketogenic protocol, which includes a weekly macronutrient/nutritional goal update (macros are updated by me every Monday).

It would be awesome if I could enter the Monday macros into Trainerize on Friday afternoon, but "schedule them" to go into effect on Monday (or whatever day of week chosen).

The "scheduled macro/nutrition goal" would show in the client's dashboard and/or calendar as an upcoming adjustment, so they could plan or meal prep accordingly.

Also, along the same lines…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clients can't see all their past Habit Goals on the app - which should be enabled

There should be an option for the clients to check out all their habit goals taken up in the past and their completion %. This will help them track & review how they have performed on individual habits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to pre-schedule habits to master programs

Like workouts can be pre-scheduled for master programs, the ability to do the same in bulk (schedule multiple at once for the same time period) with habits would save me hours of time!

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Audio + Haptic + Visual Feedback (Reward) When Checking Off Daily Habits

to gamify and release dopamine for enhanced habit adherence!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transferring programs to other clients but the schedule in calendar also transfers as well as daily habits

When transferring a program to new client, have the workouts automatically go into the calendar as to the schedule. Also have the daily habits transfer over into the calendar as well to save time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. possibility for the client to rate their day (accountability)

It would keep clients a lot more accountable if they had the possibility to rate their day

Keeping it simple, just 3 options :

• Near perfect
    • Positive
    • Negative

or something similar

It will make client more aware and not wanting to pile up "negative" days

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wellness and recovery support.

Having scales for lifestyle factors such as sleep, soreness, mood, stress... similar to the concept of Whoop, but all integrated into the app.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A way to get notified when a client reaches a milestone / fitness goal? Such as losing 10 lbs / 20 lbs, etc.

Auto notification when a client loses X amount of weight or gains X amount of weight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. hello@joshuawilliamreed.com

Have the ability to add goals & habits within the app for clients without having to do so via desktop only. I find myself having to make a note in my journal in order to do so when I'm back at my laptop versus being able to do so within the app. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "BADGES EARNED" Goals & Habits**Allow Trainers- Add, Edit, Delete, Toggle Auto -on/off

How do I customize client badges. they are being given out carelessly? It's incentivizing bad habits for my client...

""Can you please share how it is incentivizing bad habits? I am curious to know and would like to convey any useful information to our team.

-Talha
    Trainerize Help Center ""

There is no denying that achievement badges are an effective method of stimulation; this has been scientifically proved to work, and it is a tool that can be helpful when warranted.
    However, if the software awards these "badges" without adhering to the standards of the trainer's program, this may provide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Incremental Daily Goals

Some goals are repeating the same behavior or habit a few times a day (ex. eat 3 healthy meals, refill water bottle 4 times, go for a 5-10min walk 3 times). Rather than a single check for the day, it would be good if clients could check off each portion of the daily goal as they do it rather than an all or none approach. See the Streaks app for a good example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SMART Habits & Goals: Enable coaching notes to detail SMART

Enable an opportunity for coaches to create a note on existing or custom habits/goals to detail and deploy SMART coaching for the client and coach to refer back to.

"Implement sleep ritual" is not detailed enough for the client to fulfill the habit, and the existing sleep ritual may not suit all clients, therefore stripping the client of their autonomy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Leaderboard for groups

Crate a leaderboard for groups to help with accountability and motivation and friendly competition. Would be nice to customize example weight volume, weight loss, run time, 1RM, or even goals such as water intake, workouts completed, x days hitting macros etc. this would be the same for everyone within that specific group and would run for a period of time and then changed to a different one to keep various types of clients engaged.

3 weeks at water intake
    2 weeks weight volume
    6 weeks weight loss

Etc hope this comes across clearly.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Water tracker

I have several clients that would benefit from being able to enter their water intake in 8oz increments

597 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allowing clients to enter their steps manually if they don’t have an Apple Watch or FitBit

Some of my clients don’t own FitBit or Apple Watches or have apple health so it would be good if they could manually enter their step count for the day instead of relying on them sending me pictures at the end of each day/week.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow clients to add their own goals/habits and update their own progress with the goals. At present this is only possible with the coach.

I think this would help to increase accountability and create a conversation between coach and client which is client led

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base