Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Allow users to copy workouts from members area to the workout template area

Workouts created in the workout template area can be sent to the client's area but not vice versa.

If you create a alter a template or create a new workout in a client's area and realise that it is a great program you would have to create it again in the workout template area. It would be useful if you could send a workout from client to the workout template area.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Notes for exercises

Post notes by exercise, not just by workout. Track the order of the exercises.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible! When you’re in the workout builder, for each exercise in the workout, there are “target” box’s for you to type in notes for that given exercise. You can also change the order of the exercise in the workout by dragging and dropping them in the workout builder.

3. Allow us to create a customized cardio workout like treadmill intervals

I want to put a note in the cardio section with specific times and speeds for an interval workout on the treadmill. There's nowhere to do that and so now I have to email my client with the instructions, which she will have to print out or save elsewhere on her phone when at the gym. A

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Have you tried using the interval workout feature?

Just drop in various running blocks with rest blocks in between.

You can set the work times and set any speed or zone targets.

Best of all, the client will have the guided timer to go through the workout.

4. Schedule Messages

Being able to schedule messages in Trainerize would be game changer. Ideally, it would be similar to email scheduling where we can send to people with different tags. This would help us save time if we go out of town, want to systemize our workflow, save employee cost, improve client experience and so forth. Any unread messages from clients would have to stay marked as unread and having the ability to organize messages to unread at the top would be nice too (like gmail).

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give me a page on which to type random notes about each client.

I need a place to keep notes about each client. I currently have to do this on paper. It would make life a lot easier if I could keep those notes in each client’s Trainerize account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Options for 45 minute sessions

Options for 45 minute sessions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn off messaging for some clients

I would love to be able to turn OFF messaging services for some clients.

I have clients on different tiers, which affects the level of communication they have with me, and would like to be able to turn it off in some cases.

PLEASE make this happen as currently there is no easy way to tell certain clients they 'can't' use the messaging feature. If it's there, they use it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

In our release in Q3 2019, you can now set one-way messaging for only certain clients.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

8. Allow for group messaging

It would be great to be able to create a group message with all of your clients so that they can cheer each other on, communicate back and forth, and see what other people are struggling with (currently using GroupMe for this since the messages only go through separately to large numbers of clients)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow clients to add pictures to messenger and calendar (food, HR tracker screen shot, workout selfie)

I would like for clients to have the ability to add photos via instant messenger. Things like meal prep being completed, lunch they ordered at work... really anything you may find useful to hold clients accountable. 
(Video capabilities for form questions would be super cool!)

I would also like this feature available in the calendar. This can be a useful tool for a screen shot or picture of client food journal or heart rate monitor (watch/app) Right now I stay friends with clients on 'my fitness pal' and 'under armour record' so I can monitor food journal and workout performance.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Optimize for square or round shaped logo not just landscape

My logo is more of a square or a circle than it is rectangle or landscape. So I have 2 choices. Either really small logo on startup, or stretch it out for landscape which just looks bad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Client payments

It would be great to have clients pay through trainerize

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow me to pay additional money to have the app branded for my company. I would pay a hefty amount to have this be "my companies app".

I would jump at the ability to have this app be custom branded/skinned for my company. Then my customers don't think I'm using an outside service but have developed the app ourselves.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 20 second rest period feature (helpful for tabata interval workouts)

I would like to have a 20 second rest period added to the site. This would be very helpful for creating proper intervals training workouts for tabata.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bigger business logo on app startup. The 232x60 image is tiny and poor branding for trainers. Could be so much better!

Personalised branding on the mobile app and iPad app is a great idea. But why so small?

At the recommended .png size of 232 x 60 the logo looks so small on the screen you can't even make out my brand name. Please please make this bigger. I spent a lot of effort getting a professional logo so I rally want my clients to see a full sized logo on startup rather than this tiny little image!

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The logo is now much larger to accomodate the larger screen phones and tablets so they continue to look sharp on the splash screen.

You will noticed we are now showing your logo in the menu too as of our mobile app v3.11.

Sign in and update your logo to the high res version on the web if you haven’t already done so!

Thanks.

15. Allow Syncing With FitBit Devices and other platforms

Much like clients can already sync their weight with their Withings wifi scale, many users currently own Fitbit Aria wifi scales and it would make sense to allow the same syncing to occur.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’ve added Fitbit integration in our last mobile app release. When a client connects their account, we’ll import their past 2 weeks data. Any new data logged going forward will also be imported. We are currently importing body weight, body fat percentage and their resting heart rate.

We’ll continue improving the integration so please keep your suggestions coming. Let us know how you wish us to evolve with Fitbit.

Why not take this chance to add the power of your vote to these related ideas if they apply? The more popular an idea, the sooner we start it. Thanks!

Sync steps for FitBit : http://goo.gl/Zf69h9

Apple Watch: http://goo.gl/KtJMsD

Sync with Polar : http://goo.gl/VDJtK6

Sync with Garmin : http://goo.gl/35KlJQ

Tanita Scale: http://goo.gl/00WFnL

Digifit :http://goo.gl/9bkB95

MyZone :http://goo.gl/TvmLXY

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tabata/Intervals Timer app for cardio workouts

It would be great to have a customizable tabata timer to include with the overall workout both loadable to the client calendar.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

This feature is now released with Version 3.11 of the mobile app. You can build interval workouts from the web or mobile app now and your clients will have the built-in timer so they have to toggle out to another app anymore.

We’re definitely working to make the timer better over time so any suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Some trainers have started another thread here:
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-general/suggestions/16454917-interval-timer-allow-us-to-enter-work-rest-times

Thanks!

18. Have an auto save feature for intra workout tracking .

3 times I switched out of trainer ire to look at something else in my iPad for reference to my workout and all 3 times it autologous me out of my workout. I'm lucky I have a good memory with the weights reps and sets that I complete or I would have lost valuable information. Instead, just about 15minutes trying to refill everything in 3 times. I could see this being a common issue for my clients that chat on their phones a lot during their rest periods .

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow trainers to track workout progress for "offline" clients

I LOVE Trainerize for my online training clients but would like to track stats/progress/workouts for my in-person clients who chose not to use Trainerize as part of their package. I still keep the "old fashioned" folders for each and looking for an online platform so I can go paperless! Thinking it could be as simple as an option when creating the client that only the trainer can view client info?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base