Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. Increase the number of characters allowed in the custom goals section.

Allow more words when creating custom nutrition goals :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Bring back the caloric and macro goals to the Meal Plan tab.

I enjoyed seeing the caloric and macro goals above the clients meal plan in the Meal Plan tab. Would like to see this brought back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. As the product grows, any goals will stay on the goals page. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Photo food log with MFP

Right now the client can chose either the photos or track in MyFitnessPal, but not both. Both would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re keeping this set to ‘Not Right Now’, as this isn’t something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

The photo tracker is only compatible with the built-in meal tracker. You can switch to use the built-in meal tracker track a photo with macros.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we’ll check back in here with a new status. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

4. Automatic syncing from MFP without a nutrition target in Trainerize

I ask my clients to log their meals in MFP at first without any "food rules" so we can get a better sense of their baseline nutrition. Without a Nutritional Goal in Trainerize, MFP won't automatically sync the data - it has to be manually synced every day. It would be great if MFP could automatically sync nutrition info to Trainerize without needed a Nutrition Goal in place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as we will not be expanding our MFP integration as we've recently launched our in-app meal tracker. We do suggest that you switch over to it so you can use this workflow.

You can see how to do it here:

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404939776916-How-to-change-meal-trackers-for-clients-single-and-bulk-

Thanks!

5. Simplified Macronutrient tracking

Instead of the 'intimidating for newbie' myfitnesspal, incorporate a super simplified macro template that includes checkboxes for macros. Not all new clients to this want to weigh and measure and I made my own simplified sheet but hate having to tell them I have two separate apps to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as there is insufficient voting activity.

Thanks!

6. "Find in file" meal plan

Add find in file function (⌘ F ... if on a mac) SO when client reference things on their meal plan I can look it up from their dashboard within trainerize while on my phone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as there is insufficient voting activity.

Thanks!

7. Show 'hit target nutrition goal' only when within 20 calories of nutrition target

A big struggle I have is the accuracy of nutrition targets. It would be great to show that a client has hit their target nutrition goal when it is only within 10-20 calories. My clients don't realize that they are sometimes 60-100+ calories off of their target because trainerize says they've hit their nutrition goal, which can make it really difficult when you're increasing someone's calorie intake by only 50cals per week. Accuracy is important for this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re keeping this set to ‘Not Right Now’, as this isn’t something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. You can currently set a range based on percentage of their daily caloric goal.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we’ll check back in here with a new status. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

8. Have clients nutrition sent in daily summary

I think we should have the clients daily nutritional goal sent with the daily summary and have it show if they went over their calories for that day. I think it would help me better keep clients accountable without having to look at each individual client to see if they went over their calories.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

9. Ability to free type Nutrition goals

Add an option to free type a nutrition goals instead of just picking from 3 options. Those 3 don't work for all clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not right now  ·  0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Being able to override MFP macro assignments

I love that I can see my clients’ diary on trainerize, and setting their goals to hit it is cool, but I was that there was a way for me to assign their macros on Trainerize and when they sync their MFP, it would automatically set it for them. MyMacros+ used to partner with Avatar Nutrition, and it would automatically sync my assigned macros from Avatar Nutrition to MyMacros+. This would be such a cool feature that clients would love. It would be one less thing that they would have to worry about.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re keeping this set to ‘Cannot be done’ as MFP does not expose a way for us to override the macro goals.

We are building our own meal tracking to solve this problem. Please add your vote here to stay subscribed to updates:

Meal tracker:
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-feature-requests-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/6952788-built-in-food-journal-food-diary-meal-tracker

Meal plan builder:
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-feature-requests-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/38427025-built-in-meal-plan-generator-builder-that-gives-me

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

11. Use myfitnesspal diary key so that diary is not world readable

As a trainer's client
    I would like to share my food diary with my trainer, but not the world
    So that I can retain my privacy and also receive nutritional advice from my trainer.

--

• Trainerize does support importing food diary, but currently requires it to be world readable / share with public.
    • Myfitnesspal supports locking a diary with a key
    • It should be possible for a client to provide this key to Trainerize so that Trainerize can access the food diary.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re keeping this set to ‘Not Right Now’, as this isn’t something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

We are building our own meal tracker so this would not be a problem anymore. If you wish to stay subscribed to the updates, please add your vote here:
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/6952788

Thanks!

12. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re keeping this set to ‘Not Right Now’, as this isn’t something we have any immediate plans to implement.

Currently you can use the “Low compliance” auto-tag which updates every Sunday night to isolate those clients. As client volume scales, sending notifications for all that is not really feasible.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks!

13. Evolution Nutrition 4.0 Update

I recently started using Evolution Nutrition's 4.0 version and it seems that Trainerize has not updated their add-on option for this version. Please add it. Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks!

14. Add Client Nutrition (Calories and Macros) from MFP to Review by Month progress options

Currently, we can only view exercise in Review By Month in client progress. Really useful if we could also view Nutrition Summary (Calories and Macros) from MFP and export this into Excel.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as we’ve just released our in-app meal tracker which provides a better experience. We will not be expanding our MFP integration any further. We do suggest you switch over to the in-app meal tracker.

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404939776916-How-to-change-meal-trackers-for-clients-single-and-bulk-

Thanks!

15. Ability to download MFP journals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

We have clients whom are using MFP to create their food journals. Would like to see capability if use calorie link to have access to the food journal by day on the calendar. Easy way for the trainer to look at what they are eating if not on macro's - by clicking on the calories and bringing up the food journal in the calendar.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We're keeping this set to 'Not Right Now', as we’ve just released our in-app meal tracker which provides a better experience. We will not be expanding our MFP integration any further. We do suggest you switch over to the in-app meal tracker.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base