Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import pre made workouts from library while using freestyle mode.

This feature would mainly benefit 1 on 1 training. Giving us the ability to import a template to build off rather then building from scratch during the session. I suggest this because I don't want to clutter the clients "Program tab area" with 20-30 templates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to enter the same amount of text in notes via the mobile app, as we currently can on the site.

Currently, there seems to be a text limit when creating workouts and entering notes on the mobile app, compared to on the site. We should have the ability to enter larger notes while using the app like I can on the desktop version.

I haven't noticed recently, but previously larger notes created on the desktop site, have been cut off when viewing the workout on the app. Obviously meaning all instructions for that movement cannot be viewed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Training Program personal bests

We can already get All-time personal bests, but I would also like to see Training Program personal bests. It would be a great way for clients to see how well they are progressing within a training cycle.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to have “REST” periods be a video

The ability to have as an option a custom video as your rest. Instead of just a countdown timer solely. To be able to have the trainers face during say a 30 second or one minute rest. Let the client know that the next exercise or circuit might have a different set of equipment is a pretty cool way of keeping it very personal

Way less boring and would bring the experience to life more .

It would be like having a trainer say “now it’s time to go get a stability ball and one kettlebell WHILE the timer is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Automation Settings for Product Add-ons

Allowing automation settings (setting messaging 1-way or 2-way options delivering content, adding to groups) would greatly reduce the amount of manual changes we have to make when someone purchases an add-on.

For example: I have a core product which does not include 2-way messaging.

When they add on a certain add-on product, 2-way messaging is one of the perks I include with the add on.

I currently have to manually go in and change this for each person, instead of it being automated like a normal product.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More free text ability.

I want to be able to comment on specific exercises, for example to offer modification options. Right now the only free text is for the overall workout, not for specific exercises. I would also use free text for circuits or supersets within a Regular workout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drag and delete on the calendar

Click and highlight multiple days in the calendar and have a button to clear those days completely to make it easier

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Seeing a truly weight lifted for sets and not overall volume all the time

A client of mine stated “I have a thing that might be helpful on the app, I noticed today that the app tracked my warm-up sets as my best set overall, I think because it had more reps so what I saw was 10 reps at 45 pounds instead of six reps at 176 pounds which was the set that I worked up to last week. I know I would prefer seeing what my max weight was in those scenarios, I might like to see the maxpreps in the scenarios where I am going for Max reps, not weight at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cardio completion notification should also be generated

Only workout completion generates notification. Cardio completion should also generate notification - in app and email.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto calculate estimated duration of a workout

In interval workouts, I can see the duration of the workout. It would be great if the other types of workouts have the same capabilities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Track total volume when completing program prescription

When you design a program for a client it would be great to see what total tonnage was moved over the last block or cycle. That way you can ensure progressive overload block to block.

I would have each exercise come with a drop down like (Lower body push, upper body push, squat, bench, etc.)

Then you could see how much volume or sets they did for each exercise and each movement. This is what a lot of spreadsheets have the option of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to copy programs to clients using cleint tags

We run a semi-private business. We have some on 1x a week to 3x a week commitment. We would like to be able to create a workout and then copy to all the clients programs based clients tags. For example homework 1 would go to all semi private clients (tagged spt 1x, spt2x, sp 3x) byt home work 2 would go to tagged spt 2x and 3x clients

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display total active minutes in progress section

Since the app can count workout durations now, we should show the number of total active minutes per week to the client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Archive unused Master Programs as needed

Be able to hide Master Programs that are not currently being used to make it easier to access the programs that are in use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding non-training programs/events to clients calendar

I would like to capture dates on my clients calendar like (with reminder options):
    - Start of Nutrition Plan
    - End of Nutrition Plan
    - Significant client event ex. Wedding or Photoshoot
    - Month of fasting for Ramadan

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Phase previews

It would be useful to let clients at least see a preview of the next phase. Even just a few days in advance so they can see what's coming and what exercises they might need advice on. I have clients across North America, and many like to work out first thing in the morning. If they can't see the Monday workout until Monday morning, it ends up being a missed day (or a crappy workout spent looking things up) for them. To get around this, I have to manually send them a list of exercises in advance, which negates the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Average time to complete workouts

When building workouts, it would be nice to have an average time on our end for creating workouts and knowing roughly how long it will take the client, as well as showing it to the client so they can track how much time they need to complete the workout.

Like the interval workout set up but for all workouts and not based on time. Even if it is a rep focused workout, a rough estimate would even be nice!

Have had this request from many clients

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add my own studio's branded class name as an activity type

Is there the ability to check-in and track HR for instance while in a specialty fitness class that you can title yourself. Because a lot of the boutique classes won't be included. Maybe let the trainer decide if the activity is anaerobic, interval, strength, or aerobic?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base