Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1429 results found

1. Exporting Workouts/Programs to PDF

Can we please have someone spend a bit of time rehashing the PDF export for the workouts? Every time I export my workouts to a PDF, I have to put them through Google Sheets first, so that when printed they line up a bit nicer, and look like some thought has gone into the formatting.

Specifically;

(1) It would be really great if the printouts were such a size that the average person's handwriting would actually fit in the boxes,
    (2) Furthermore to this, if I've spent the time to go through and edit all the workouts in the spreadsheet…

367 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add small group, partner, couple or duo training format. Ability to track multiple clients quickly

For small groups it would save a lot of time if we would add group workouts to a group of people.

This would work for small group and semi private clients.

There could be two options for tracking.

1. The clients track their own stats (ideal for small groups)

2. With in the same view/page you could add stats for multiple people in a given workout with out having to switch in and out of clients to add stats (ideal for semi private)

This is a must have feature. Right now stat tracking for more than one client at a time is…

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Logging resistance exercise Bands, using their Color or Type

When training with Exercise bands, we need the ability to log them.

We need to be able to log them, by the 2 main indicators used with bands, which are: COLOR (such as Red, Green, Black, Purple, etc) and Light/Medium/Heavy/XtraHeavy

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Woman / female / more diversity in trainer doing exercises

I have a female clientele base and women like to see other women doing the exercises in the exercise library.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

Over the next few years, we are committed to increasing the diversity of models within our exercise library as we have more resources to dedicate to this.

Thanks!

5. Have an EMOM or E2MOM workouts

An every minute on the minute function allows the trainer to create a routine with different exercises that are done for a certain amount of reps with in the time frame window of a minute.
    Example:
    Min 0+1: Row 100 meters
    Min 1-2: push-ups x 15
    Min 2-3 pull-ups x 10
    Min 3-4 Bike 10 cals
    Min 4-5 Kettlebell Swings x 15
    Min 5-6 Goblet Squats x10
    Min 6-7 Rest
    What ever time is left over in the window of said Minute is the clients rest period

Or ....
    Every 2 Minutes:
    Ski machine 100 meters
    Push Press x 10…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Seperate textbox for sets, reps, tempo, rest and weight

Please have separate textbox for sets, reps, tempo, weight and rest, not just a box for sets, and a shared one for reps and weight as it sometimes isn't clear to clients. It would be easier as opposed to typing the rest of the info in notes as I feel like I'm then re-writing the plan again.
    Also, the ability to alter plans and measurements from the app would be amazing

Thanks

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save freestyle workouts into master workouts or use in regular programming

Would be beneficial to have The ability to save a freestyle WOD, entered by either the trainer or client, to templates for later use

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Client Can Add Videos To The Workout

On the "True Coach" platform they've a nice feature which helps to track client progress.

During a workout, just like a client can fill in their reps and sets per exercise, it would be great if they can also have the option to upload a video.

As a trainer, this is a lot more beneficial then just seeing the numbers. I can observe there technique and give them the appropriate feedback.

Those videos are then tied to that workout and we can look back at it whenever needed.

182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow clients in my membership app to browse a list of programs, and let them self select/pick what program they want to follow.

Be able to sell one price base membership, when clients sign up, allow them to pick their equipment or level and automatically assign them the correct program based on their input. Once the user is a member, if that needs to change and they want to level up, They can go open up the program picture again and select a new program.

The sweat app, Nike app and freeletics allows members to click directly on a program they want to do so they can have a wide selection.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exercise Flagging by Clients

Exercise Flagging - When a client wants to change an exercise, he/she can flag the exercise and the trainer sees all flagged exercises for each client in the dashboard so he can easily change or modify the exercises.

Another example, a client needs additional instructions on a particular exercise so he flags the exercise as "Require more information" or something similar.

This would make our life as Trainers much easier. At the moment the only option is to have clients leave comments after their workouts, but this means that we have to read every note of each workout. I do…

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it possible to list alternatives to exercises within each workout builder.

Make it possible to list alternatives to exercises within each workout builder.

Example: Barbell Front Squat OR Dumbbell Front Squat (same reps may still apply, helps clients with limited equipment to have fewer questions)

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. custom exercise tags

Be able to create your own tags for exercises so it can be categorized based on intended purpose (work on muscle, on a joint, or a specific movement pattern)

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add non-training events to the calendar

Many of our clients are training for something specific... be it a sports meet or event, a competition, or a trip to the beach. It would be nice to be able to add those events to the calendar, even if it's just a titled item with no real content.

Right now I build a workout for their events, so that I can see those things on their calendar when I'm building their plan, but that clutters up their training plan.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to easily edit, substitute or replace Trainerize exercises with my own.

Instead of having to create a new exercise for the exercise library, it would be nice if we could just substitute the video for one of the Trainerize exercises.

For example I have lots of clients doing squats right now with the original sites video, I would eventually like to replace that with a video of me doing them. I don't want to have 2 copies of the exercise.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AUTO SAVE FEATURE IN WORKOUT BUILDER

There Is nothing more annoying than losing a workout after half way through building it due to connection trouble or computer freezing And auto save feature would be a great addition

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Being able to change a workout from Circuit, regular or intervals. Once the workout is built (without having to re-make a whole new workout)

Being able to change a workout from Circuit, regular or intervals. Once the workout is built (without having to re-make a whole new workout)

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "Loaded Carry" as an exercise type

I would like to see LOADED CARRY added as an exercise type option.

Exercises that fall into this category are; Farmer carries, suitcase carry, ruck hike, etc.

The objective here is to transport a load over a distance. Measures to t record that would indicate progress would be;
    1) the load carries
    2) the distance transported
    3) the time to cover the instance (or time under tension/load)

So, when recording progress for his type of move we need to be able to record and track progress on;
    A) Distance covered
    B) Time under tension
    C) Load

At this time I…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH

SHOW A GRAPH REPRESENTING TOTAL TRAINING VOLUME PER SESSION - DAY - WEEK - MONTH APART FROM PER EXERCISE.

THIS A FUNDAMENTAL AND TOTALLY ESSENTIAL TOOL for strength & conditioning coaches, trainers and serious coaches

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Optional skin tone for high five or thumbs up after completing a workout

After completing a workout, there's the animation of the high five or thumbs up. Have the skin tone be customizable.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add more body weight exercises

During COVID 19 can you add more body weight and/or pilates type exercises. Clients have limited equipment at home.Im spending hours adding youtube videos that take clients AWAY from Trainerize site.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base