Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to have “REST” periods be a video

The ability to have as an option a custom video as your rest. Instead of just a countdown timer solely. To be able to have the trainers face during say a 30 second or one minute rest. Let the client know that the next exercise or circuit might have a different set of equipment is a pretty cool way of keeping it very personal

Way less boring and would bring the experience to life more .

It would be like having a trainer say “now it’s time to go get a stability ball and one kettlebell WHILE the timer is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow trainers to see all programs a client has done

I would like to be able to see what programs a client has done so that I know if they’ve done a program or not so I don’t accidently assign it to them again. As of right now I can see what exercises they complete but not the whole program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We need more stat/measurement options

We need to be able to record measurements like feet and inches (vertical jump, broad jump) and breakdown time to 100th of a second (40 yard sprint etc..)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like a suggested alternative exercise section

I understand clients can go in and substitute exercises. But I would like to have a list of my suggested alternatives first. I sell master programs and I run into the issue of clients not having the necessary equipment and need an alternative I do not want to go in and build out a million different versions of a master plan to meet each individual client's needs. I would like a way for clients to substitute exercises with that I suggest in case they don't have that equipment.

Another solution that might be a stretch is based on the consultation…

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. continuous streaming

If all the exercises in a workout could be watched in one video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. An undo button Incase you delete workouts or exercises in a workout!!

An undo button Incase you delete workouts or exercises in a workout!!

591 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Low workout compliance, without scheduled workouts

Low workout compliance, without scheduled workouts.

With the new compliance for nutrition and workout, i need a option to track workout compliance also, for the clients who have not scheduled their workouts ahead of time.

Example: "tag client with less than 3 workouts each week" or "low workout compliance with clients less than 2 workouts each week" etc.

Hope this can be a feature soon, together with the new (and awesome) compliance feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add timed reps

I love that we are able to build workouts as regular, circuit or timed. But I often build workouts for my clients that include number rep ranges and with timed reps. All my clients love the timer feature of the interval training timer. So I wish we were able to use the timed rep feature as an option when building a regular workout.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a copy and past in to the workout builder. Especially for interval training.

To build workouts much faster, a copy and paste feature where the (select and) delete exercises or circuit a group of exercises.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have an EMOM or E2MOM workouts

An every minute on the minute function allows the trainer to create a routine with different exercises that are done for a certain amount of reps with in the time frame window of a minute.
    Example:
    Min 0+1: Row 100 meters
    Min 1-2: push-ups x 15
    Min 2-3 pull-ups x 10
    Min 3-4 Bike 10 cals
    Min 4-5 Kettlebell Swings x 15
    Min 5-6 Goblet Squats x10
    Min 6-7 Rest
    What ever time is left over in the window of said Minute is the clients rest period

Or ....
    Every 2 Minutes:
    Ski machine 100 meters
    Push Press x 10…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sign-up flow with ability to pick a fitness level or training type then automatically gives the related programs

I would like to create a subscription and within that subscription have a list of training plans available. This way once the client subscribe he or she can chose which trainig plan they want to start with first based on the training plan I have included in the package.

Example if the created 3 different programs (Beginner, Fat Loss, Muscle Build). Once the client signs up they can chose which program fits their goal, and the automation picks the right program.

Anytime, they can switch between the 3 levels and the program changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow progressing of round in progressions builder for interval workouts

When I try to edit the progressions for interval workouts, it only gives me the option to change the rest interval time, but I have no way of changing the high intensity interval time. Making this possible with the interval workouts would save so much time.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Develop a more general strength programming template

Currently the program writing template is too restrictive. A simple (hopefully!?) solution would be to have more fields. For example I write programs similar to Ian King/Charles Poliquin. Many PTs do to:

A1 Back squat, 3 sets, 8-10 reps, 4011 tempo, 60 sec rest
    A2 Lying leg curl 3 sets, 6-8 reps, 4110 tempo, 60 sec rest

A1 and A2 are not super sets in this case, they are simply paired. Calling two or more sets paired or grouped together a super set is too restrictive.

Simplify this bit and I'm sold.. until then, thanks for the look.

Alex Moody

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CrossFit Style AMRAP workout - Ability to put AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) as a value when adding number of sets.

Currently when putting in a value for the number of sets for the exercise it is not possible to put anything other than a number.
    It would be great to have the ability to put in AMRAP if the exercise is to be completed for As Many Rounds As Possible in a set amount of time.

For Example:

AMRAP in 5 minutes
    Box Jumps AMRAP x 10 Reps
    Pushups AMRAP x 10 Reps

720 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to have sections or blocks for each workout such as warmup, strength, assistance, skills, mobility, cool down, etc.

Currently there is no distinction between areas/sections of the workout such as warmup, movement prep, strength, assistance, met-con, skills, cool down, mobility/stretching, etc.
    It would be great to have the sections labeled or the ability to create a custom area/section.
    It would also be great to have templates for each area/section that could be saved and easily placed into the other workouts

For Example:

Warmup:
    Rower @ 5 minutes

Movement Prep:
    2 Rounds
    10 Air Squats
    10 Leg Swings
    10 KB Swings
    10 Lateral Lunges

Strength:
    Back Squat 5,5,5,5,5 @ 75%

Assistance:
    4 Rounds
    10 KB Split Squat
    10 KB…

1,292 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  115 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to have multiple circuits in a single workout with different rounds.

Currently when creating a workout you have to choose between Regular Workout or Circuit Workout. A circuit workout lets you choose the number of rounds for the workout, but doesn't allow for multiple circuits within the same workout with different Rounds or a combination of a Regular Workout with a Circuit Workout. Another great option would be to allow for a timed circuit to have AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in a set amount of time. Plus the ability to group the circuits like with the superset option on the Regular Workout. Now even if you have multiple circuits…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow client to add notes for each excercise

Now, it's possible for clients to make notes for the whole workout, but not for each excercise. Would be great to do that (Example: "Reduced weight bench press due to DOMS" --> barbell bench press. "New record, yes!" --> Barbell Squat)

Otherwise, great job! Love your Service and my clients do too.

555 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

We’re returning this to
    Open". It is our radar that you think it’s important, but this isn’t something we have any immediate plans to implement.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we’ll check back in here with a new status. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base