Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to set your own workout intervals e.g between 5 to 10 mins

I have clients that are completing rounds of circuits over 5 minutes but the next jump is 10 mins. Would be nice to set my own timings e.g. 5 and a half mins or 6 mins etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Warm up weight calculator

A calculator clients can use to figure out what weight they should be using for warm up sets.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to format text in the workout instructions

It would be nice to have the ability to format text in the workout instructions (i.e. bold, italics, underline, bullet, number, etc). I think it would help make instructions more clear and appear more professional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Adjust All" for interval timers on interval workouts

For the workouts that we build as "interval workouts" is there a way to include a feature where we can adjust all the exercises to the same interval/rest? For instance I have 5 exercises and I want to adjust the intervals from 45s on/15s rest to 50s on/10s rest; right now I have to adjust EACH exercise and rest, if I could have a change all option that would be fabulous and easier to adjust my client's workouts as they progress.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notes for each exercise instead of one comment for the entire workout

room to put notes on each exercise rather than one comment for the whole session. These exercise notes could also show up when you referenced previous sessions. This could be very useful to clients because they could make note of useful mindset/cues on form, what may have happened on a particular set, bodily feedback, and other variables like exercise order that would affect progressive calculation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Being able to add specific tempo/ rep/ RPE or RIR per set or superset

It would be very nice if we can manipulate much more the workout builder...

Indeed if I have different tempo and of course different RPE or RIR for each set I would love to be able to note it.... this is progressive overload base here...

To make it now is very difficult and moreover to understand for client because each set or superset need to be creat individualy

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export program as a PDF to email to client

A way to save a program (entire program, not one workout) as a pdf and email to client.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto weight increase for clients

A feature that showed a suggested weight for a client the next time they do a workout, a small increment more than the last workout they did.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bulk copy workouts to programs

If we create a new workout/warm up/etc. that we want to copy to multiple programs at once vs. doing each individually would be awesome

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "undos" for one exercise.

Please allow "undos" to be applied to a particular exercise instead of the whole day. When programming percentages, it is very annoying to refill EVERYTHING for that training day when only one exercise needs fixing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Golfing as one of the cardio activities

adding Golfing as one the cardio activities for clients to track it as a workout

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alternative Exercises

I'd love the option to have a client easily swap out an exercise if they do not have the necessary equipment available. This would be helpful for those who may only have gym access a few days a week or if their gym doesn't have necessary equipment. I have a done-for-you program that doesn't require much customization so it'd be nice to give them the option of swapping an exercise. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability for clients to record a video during their workout

It would be a nice option for the client to record themselves while they are in the middle of a workout for the coach to see technique, etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow clients to save & name Freestyle workouts

Have an optional setting to allow clients to create & save the workouts they create.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to edit a workout and it update to all the already scheduled workouts without having to delete,re add & add progressive overload

When a client faces a injury or a issue eg. no gyms and you want to adjust/edit the programme/workouts, currently I need to edit the workouts, then re add back to the calendar as it does not update to the already scheduled workouts. As i need to re add onto the calendar It then means I need to re type out progressive overload settings for each client as when you delete then re add to the calendar the progressive overload settings re set to the beginning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Specify Personal Bests

We always get notified of when a client hits a new PR in a workout, but it is not clear as to what that PR is. Having it register in the workout review clearly would be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add calories to general / fitness class

I’d like to have the option to add a “calories” field to the “general” and “fitness class” activities - my clients often wear trackers for boot camp sessions and would like to be able to log calories tracked like you can when you enter in a run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add instructional video to workout instructions instead of written

option to add a short video to the workout instructions section instead of written.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Showing previous workouts when using the progression feature

Currently you can change the reps and sets on a weekly basis for any given workout. If you could include the previous stats, weight, reps completed or RPE from the previous weeks; this would make it easier to successful program what volume and intensity the client should receive for the following weeks.

You can also layout the progress made for each client in a more concise manner.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base