Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing exercises from a week to week to help with weekly programming

The progression feature is great! but expanding on that feature to allow for exercise changes as well instead of creating a whole new program.

i.e. Week 1 & 2 Goblet squats; Week 3 & 4 Back Squats
    Week 1: SA Rows Week 2: SA Cable Row Week 3: Bent Over Row

This would be great for accessory lifts or isolation lifts to add some variance and excitement to the workouts. While still progressing in the core lifts, you can make a workout fresh by changing the less important lifts to a different variation.

The current way, you would have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowing clients to add exercises to workouts

Allow clients to enter in their own workouts or other exercises they want to add to workouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. transition periods for the interval workout

Many clients are saying it is tough when we assign them workouts using the interval style to change from exercise to exercise without any transition time. They feel rushed which is sacrificing their form and getting ready to do the next move. It starts off great with the 3/2/1 and then it just goes one to the next. It would be good to have like a 3 second transition time to change exercises, or be able to choose how many seconds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Take a selfie after a workout that you can share via social media - this way your clients can brag about themselves and its great marketing.

Create frames that trainers can edit (very simple - colour editing and word editing)
    After each workout, a client gets the option to take a selfie post-workout that they can share via social media. This way clients get to brag about themselves as well as help you market your new 12-week challenge (for example)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can the workout progressions save from week to week?

When I progress the workout weekly, It shows the initial program. It would be helpful if you could see the progressions from the previous weeks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Zone interval training

Customize zone targets time in cardio workouts. Zone 1 for 5 min, zone 2 for 10 min, etc. Build a heart rate interval workout.

852 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To be able to enter custom cardio types like classes

To have the ability to enter custom cardio types at our discretion. Examples: mountain biking, Hill repeats, Sprinting, and other sports not already listed on the drop-down list for cardio types.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to have an option to add a "Rest day" button into the calendar.

I would like to have an option to add a "Rest day" button into the calendar. I think it helps to visualize the importance of considering rest day a part of your workout program.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability for clients to form groups with their families to self-motivate

A group of my clients are challenging each other to drop the extra weight. I was thinking, it would be great if we could just use Trainerize to form a group – share our workouts, habits and food with each other to help hold each other accountable. So, instead of using Strave+FitnessPal+Facebook, we could just use Trainerize.

None of us were interested in signing up with a trainer to get it done – but we’re pretty good at challenging each other 😊

Especially for clubs I think this would be a great way to allow friends, families and groups to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Track long jump or high jump measures

Ability to track athletic measurements. Track or prescribe sprint times, long jump or high jump measures, etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manually enter calories for work out

Being able to enter calories burnt per workout when completed

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic rest time calculator

The reason is that the workouts have to be in a precise time-frame and when building it is difficult to keep track of how much time needs to be spent to complete all the tasks.
    If I make a workout and I see there are 40 minutes only of resting times I already know I'm missing the target.
    At the moment I'm using a manual calculator for this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link YouTube videos to video workouts

Rather than importing a video when creating a video workout, provide the ability to link to an existing video YouTube. If copyright or unacceptable material is a concern, allow integration to our own YouTube channel and limit linking to videos to that channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More rest times

Could you add more rest time options such as
    75 seconds
    100 seconds
    2.5 minutes
    Maybe even a custom one where we can just type in the time

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scheduling workouts throughout the day

It would be really helpful if there was a way to sort different workouts that happen on the same day. For example, I have my warm ups, cool downs, and workouts separate from one another in the app and I would like to be able sort them in the order of how I would like my clients to perform them.

Suggestion: a drag and drop option to sort the order of workouts and events in the day!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to view video and type in stats + notes in same window

I've had many clients tell me how cumbersome it is to have to click out of the workout to watch the video, then back in to type the stats and go to the next exercise. I'd like to see that flow better so they can simply type their stats under the video and then flow directly to the next video without all that clicking back and forth.

This missing thing may have me switching to PT Distrinction soon.... :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to prescribe a calorie target for a row or assault bike

When building a workout, some blocks I want my client to do 10 calories of a rower or assault bike.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preview/announcement of next exercise during rest periods in an interval workout

For example, during an interval workout that is structured: Exercise A (30 seconds), Rest (15 seconds), Exercise B (30 seconds), Rest (15 seconds)...etc., it would be nice for the client to see a video preview of the upcoming exercise during the rest period in between, and also for said upcoming exercise to be announced during the rest period (rather than cutting into the time of the exercise's actual interval period).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base