Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. Voice messages!

It’s a bit hard to get your excitement or instructions across when sending written messages so I think voice messaging would be a great addition. I’ve had clients reach out to me this way on IG and the response is much more fluid.

3,199 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

265 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about it in this blog post or in this help article

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and your client MUST be on app version v.7.114.0 in order for the voice message function to work on mobile. It will not  work otherwise. Certain Custom branded apps are still rolling out, but  you should be getting it shortly if you haven’t so far.

Few important things you should know about voice messages feature:

• Voice messages are available in DMs, and Groups, and both on Web and Mobile.
    • You have 2 ways of sending voice message:

-Tap, Hold to Record and Release to send
            -Tap, Hold, Swipe up to lock for hands free, Record hands free and Tap to send

• Length of voice message is up to 5min long.
  2. Edit or delete Messages

To have the ability to delete messages from your groups or private messages

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! 
You can now do it with the latest Trainerize v6.9.12 app. Custom app are currently being updated.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Video Calls within Trainerize

Be able to place a video call to a client directly in Trainerize.

308 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now schedule video call within the appointments tab.

Clients can join video calls directly within the Trainerize app, creating a seamless one-app experience.

You can find out more about it here:
    https://www.trainerize.com/video-coaching/

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

4. Video messaging!!

Video messaging within the app would be a game changer for rapport and relationship building with the client, save time and eliminate the need to use a separate app for messaging

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

With the new v6 app, you can now record a video message directly from the mobile app, or pick from the camera roll.

You can also attach a file in the messenger.

Thanks for supporting this idea. Your vote has been returned to you to revote up another idea.

One related idea you might be interested in is the ability to send video messages via the web application:

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714152-send-video-message-via-web-app

5. Re-scheduling the automated workout reminders.

My clients all receiving their reminders at 9am(while at work) is either too late, or too early to do anything other than annoy them.

Please allow us to change/reschedule the automated client workout reminders - preferably individual to the client.

Manually filling their calendars with reminder messages, despite being templated, is tedious.

Thanks!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can already do this. Clients can simply go into their More > Settings and Notifications to change the reminder time.

Thanks!

6. Increase Group Limit above 200 clients

increase the number of clients per group above the current 200 limit

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With our upgrade on 16 April 2020, the group limit has been now raised to 1000 clients.

Thanks!

7. Manipulating start Dates for Master programs assigned to a group

We are currently unable to manipulate the start date of a master program subscribed to a group! For example, I had a Weightloss challenge set to start on January 15th. When I subscribed all of my challengers to the master program as a group, I was ONLY able to pick the 13th (a Monday) or any Monday for that matter as my start date! So I had to unsubscribe everyone from the group , and then upload ONE BY ONE the same master program/challenge just so that I was able to change the start date of the program! Very tedious…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

Just to confirm, you can currently do this. Simply click on the three dots beside a group and select “Edit master program setup” to change the start date.

8. control who can post in a group

I wish I could turn off the ability for group members to post in a group. For example, I would love to have a group that I use just for Resources where I could post links and information for clients...but not have them comment and clutter up the group.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Extend the 14 Day Auto Messaging Feature or create a sequence or campaign of auto-messages

Having the 14 Days worth of scheduled messaging is great....but we need more! I want to be able to have a sequence of messages be set to keep clients accountability on par and If you have a lot of clients it can be hard to do this manually. I think starting with a months worth of automessages would be a good start, be the ability to add as many as you want into the fure would be ideal

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now build multiple programs and stack them. So you can build a dedicated messaging journey as a program and stack it as an add-on program.

Stacking multiple is in beta so you can request to join it.

More information here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/trainerizestackprograms

Thanks!

11. Allow assigning Master Programs or adding Subscribers to MPs via tag or group!

I can use filters in the Clients view to message, tag, etc. but I can't do the same when assigning a Master Program to a large group of people. It's SUPER ANNOYING. I forget that you can't do it every time I run a challenge, and I've gone and tagged everyone in the challenge (or added them to a group) and then when it's time to assign or subscribe the Master Program, i have to go in and individually select each name manually.
    Ideal workflow:
    Go to Master Program > Select program > Select Add Subscribers or Copy to/Client's program...…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Workouts notes and client comments about a workout

In the notes tab section when the client is doing it finishing their work out if there could be a notification or 8+ one on the note tab section because my clients leave notes sometimes but I don't know whether or not they left a note unless I tap on the note tab. It would be nice if there was something notifying if a client left a note about their workout without having to tap on the note to see if they did. It would help because the note that they would leave would be regarding about their work out…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With the v6 app released Q3 2019, clients can now leave you an RPE rating and comment. And you reply to the comment and it’s attached to the workout permanently.

Thanks!

13. Make auto-messages from the coach NOT cause unread messages from the trainee to appear as read.

I have 100+ clients. When an auto-message goes out to new clients, say on their 4th day, it functions like a personal message from me and marks any previous unread message from them as read. I can easily miss something they have asked. Same with "message-all" functions - say I want to send everyone a great article or new blog post... suddenly all unread message notifications are gone.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability for clients to quickly view all uploaded files or attachments

Allow something similar to other messengers, have a section where all the files that were sent so they can see all PDFs, excel files, word docs, images etc that I've sent across.

That way I can quickly share files, recipes and it's all in one place.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send pictures through messages

Being able to message your clients and add pictures to the message so you don't have to use email to send a certain protein powder pic or food and have clients send pictures through message as well

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share completed workout to Facebook Group

To keep clients motivated it would be great if they could share completed workouts to a Facebook group of people doing the same program, not just their public timeline

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the v6 app. where clients can share their summary screen to Instagram or Facebook.

Thanks!

17. Social forum

Clients being able to post, cross comunicate and interact via a small interactive chat. I.e. Home front - you can post your achievements' other can like and motivate others. Trainers can post group messages - visual to all members. Works we'll in virtual gym application

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can already do this by creating a group within Trainerize. Any workouts completed by a client will be automatically posted and it creates that digital community you are looking for.

Thanks!

18. Turn off messaging for some clients

I would love to be able to turn OFF messaging services for some clients.

I have clients on different tiers, which affects the level of communication they have with me, and would like to be able to turn it off in some cases.

PLEASE make this happen as currently there is no easy way to tell certain clients they 'can't' use the messaging feature. If it's there, they use it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

In our release in Q3 2019, you can now set one-way messaging for only certain clients.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base