Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Referral $$ off if you refer a trainer to the site! I know lots!!

Refer a trainer to use it and earn free months usage of the app!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow videos to be added from computer files, not just those from YouTube

I film my clients and I'd like to attach those videos to their workouts instead of only being able to add YouTube videos. Seeing themselves do the movements aids in observational learning (good research in the motor learning literature to support this).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

You can now do it with the latest v6 app.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Add Training Plan Templates

I can't understand why this isnt already a feature. Workouts can already be created with a template, if the same thing could happen with a training plan without setting up a client and using up one of our client seats that we've paid for. This should be an available feature,
    This would allow trainers to build pre-set training plans to increase workflow. This could work along side workout templates pulling in workout templates to training plans and then saving.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI everyone,

Happy to announce we’ve completed this idea. Thanks for supporting the idea everyone.

The final form of the idea is called “Programs”. You can group training plans and even import your template clients in as Programs.

If you notice in your web app, there is an additional section called Programs. you can now subscribe your clients to programs.

Also, we’ve released the companion feature to this Training Groups. Please read about it below.

We hope you enjoy this feature.

Please keep your ideas coming! Thanks!

Team Trainerize

Announcement post:
    http://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-discover-trainerize-programs-new-way-to-deliver-training/

More info on our helpdesk:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004404763-What-is-a-Program-How-do-I-build-one-

4. Client assessment forms along with a Par-Q

It would be ideal if trainerize offered automatic emails of assessment forms to those signed up. Right now we have to email them but would be easier if it happened automatically once they logged in. Everything from Par-Q to a dietary record so that we can create a comprehensive client profile to better offer personalized training based on their needs.

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add to the trainer version of the mobile app the ability to setup and edit client data including workouts

I would love to be able to add clients via the mobile app so I DON'T have to get onto a laptop or desktop to create a client profile, add or remove exercises, etc. It takes extra time out of my day to have to go home and sit for 30 minutes to set stuff up when I could just do it in my spare time from my Android on the go! I'd love to have that flexibility and freedom!

578 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Over the past few mobile app versions, we have ported most of the daily editing functionality for workouts and training plans down to the mobile app.

For now, advanced functionality like copying training plans will remain on the web.

Thanks for your great ideas. Please create more new suggestions on how we can help you build your workouts or training plans faster!

Thanks.

6. Offline option for the app

Hi there, I operate out of a gym that has poor to zero reception. This sucks cos I cannot access the app to update when training client. At the moment i do it manually by writting it down the old school and later input in to the app, which is not exactly the most sophisticated solution, especially the double entry data which takes up my time off course :-(
    I know the whole platform is build on online but if the app was able to work offline and then once online it would update (send the data to the server)…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Nutrition app

It would be great to have the nitrition portion of my clients' plan delivered in the same format.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Template building for cardio and strength plans without having to create a dummy client

Rather than wasting client logins with creating dummy clients , there should be an option to build plan templates just like workout templates which will allow for mass planning based on days training whether cardio plan or strength plan like training peaks offers, I'm wasting money on dummy clients im using for plan templates

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app with “Master programs”.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

9. create an instagram add on

people should be able to follow my instagram account also

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Marking this as complete. With the v6 app, your clients can share their progress summaries after a workout directly to Instagram.

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back and vote on more ideas at ideas.trainerize.com or add any new suggestions.

Thanks!

10. Social forum

Clients being able to post, cross comunicate and interact via a small interactive chat. I.e. Home front - you can post your achievements' other can like and motivate others. Trainers can post group messages - visual to all members. Works we'll in virtual gym application

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can already do this by creating a group within Trainerize. Any workouts completed by a client will be automatically posted and it creates that digital community you are looking for.

Thanks!

11. Add more stock exercises

Add more exercises that come out of the box in the platform.

Please add to the comments what you would like to see.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add more cardio activity option (like hiking, tennis, basketball, football, soccer)

Add more cardio activity options like hiking, swimming, skiing, playing tennis, basketball.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We just adding more activity types with the release of our new Apple watch app update. You can learn about it here:
    https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-unlock-the-power-of-coaching-with-wearables-with-the-latest-apple-watch-app-powered-by-trainerize/

You and your clients will need to be running the the v7.3 app. The app should auto-update, unless you have manually turned it off in your App Store/Play Store.

Thanks!

13. Injury or important notes flagging

Allow a trainer to flag important injury notes to an exercise or client, so the note can be easily shared among all trainers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Drag and drop items on calendar

Be able to drag and drop workouts, cardio or body stats from one day to another.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a "Drag/Drop" the order within a day

This "Drag/Drop" feature would work best from both the "Workout Template" page (if the client's calendar can be seen at the side) but also as a feature on the client's calendar page. Too many times I want to change around workouts to different days but the current method is very time consuming. Training Peaks has this feature and it's awesome!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With regards to the progression photos, from my point of view, I can only view 1 picture at a time. It would be good if you could put 2-3 pi

Allow the ability to make a montage with progression photos so that you can directly compare week 1 to latter weeks.
    Also allow it to be shared on social media.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create ability for trainers to make WORKOUT LIBRARIES for easy searches at a later date.

With the ability to make various libraries of workouts (categorized however a trainer needs, i.e. "30-min workouts" ; "Upper Body workouts" ; "Band/Bodyweight Workouts") a trainer can streamline their search for a past workout they created without having to scroll through a huge list of every single workout created.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Viktor Djurasic responded

Hi everyone,

Happy to let you know that this feature is possible through our new Multiple Stacking Programs Beta!

To activate the beta, navigate to Add-ons > Integrations > Scroll to the bottom to find the beta. 

Thank you for voting!

18. Allow Notes from the previous workout to be viewed on the current workout

We can view weights and of previous workouts but not notes.

It would be great to know where a client had difficulty on a particular exercise. Setting or equipment adjustments. Or any other information from the previous workout that would effect the current workout's coaching.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MindBody Appointment Sync

Need to have the calendar from Mindbody sync with Trainerize. We need to have the ability so that clients can book in (schedule in) for a personal training session with a personal trainer using Trainerize phone app. At the moment clients in Mindbody have personal training sessions booked in Mindbody 6months in advance with a personal trainer. They get an email reminder from mindbody about the session the day before but are unable to change or book a future session on an app, (they have to do it via the web). If we have 100 Personal Training clients and 6…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mindbody  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about it here:
    https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-connect-1-1-with-clients-virtually-with-mindbody-appointments-now-syncing-to-trainerize/

Other ideas you might be interested in:
    Booking MBO classes in Trainerize
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/42031369

Book MBO 1-on-1 PT in Trainerize
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/42240133

Thanks!

20. Allow to upload documents (PDF, Word, etc) to our clients profile

It would be nice to be able to share with my clients all sort of documents (evaluations sheets, progress stats, etc).

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest upgrade, we’ve now added the option to add up to 4 PDF forms as part of the customizable welcome e-mail.

You can upload additional onboarding PDFs or welcome kits in this section that will be automatically sent out whenever you add a new client to Trainerize.

For more information, you can see our help article here:
    http://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/217971003-How-do-I-customize-the-Automated-Messages-and-Events-

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base