Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to skip forward exercises Interval Training

When using the track functionality for an Interval Training it would be great to have some more control. I suggest adding forward and backward buttons allowing people to skip or go back exercises

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to view nutrition goal vs actual macros consumed graph

Would love to input dates and see overall how many calories/carbs/fat/protein they were over/under.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. we need a way for our clients to be able to "check in" on social media when performing our routines from trainerize app.

I see all of my online clients "checking in" at the gym or club that they are performing the routines I put together for them, but are not "checking in" with trainerize giving credit to the app or my routines.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send pictures through messages

Being able to message your clients and add pictures to the message so you don't have to use email to send a certain protein powder pic or food and have clients send pictures through message as well

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Goals

Clients buy the vision of what you will do for their bodies not the app itself, as awesome as what it is. Where's the section on goals, with deadlines to achieve these? Goals section please, so so important to know, keep track of and work towards. Auto reminder everyday to go out to the client reminding them of their most important goals and confirming they are achieving results that are helping them get there. Thanks D

332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send assessment from app

Ability to send assessment request and app download links from the app instead of the web app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add totals to progress. Total Weight Lost/Gained, Inches Lost/Gain, Body Fat % This is almost more important than current stats.

Clients are most proud of their overall achievement. They often forget where they were and a reminder of the entire journey can go a long way to maintaining their behaviours.

Please add a total results section. This way clients can see for themselves and show their friends the total stats lost or gained.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an interval timer option- so my clients don't need a separate gym is or timer for hiit and Tabata

Interval timer option would be helpful so there is no need to set a different one for Tabata or hiit

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display a dashboard of scheduled and completed items like the web dashboard does.

Display a dashboard of scheduled and completed items like the web dashboard does.

The mobile app doesn't display this so you have to click into each client to see what they're up to.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Social Media Link For "Instagram"

Really need a Instagram link created as its the trending app among gen Y and X! Facebook's out, insta is HOT

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In app video recording / photos to add to programs

Sometimes a video is required that's not available so the ability to record a video in app or add a picture instantly would be good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jamie,

You should be able to do that now with our latest upgrade within the app. Simply turn on the Video Drive option from your Addons section in the web and you can upload videos in-app now.

12. Share completed workout to Facebook Group

To keep clients motivated it would be great if they could share completed workouts to a Facebook group of people doing the same program, not just their public timeline

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the v6 app. where clients can share their summary screen to Instagram or Facebook.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

13. Re-set the Cardio input options so you can set a time AND a HR zone eg 30 seconds at 90-100% HRmax

For programming interval training, we need to be able to offer guidance on time as well as intensity levels eg sprint at 90-100% HRMax for 30 seconds then jog for 1 min at 70-75% HRmax. Your current settings only allow you to set either time OR HR zone.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bulk schedule programs

I love how we can schedule workout programs for clients.
    It would be great if I could could easily drag and drop or copy/paste multiple programs in one go, rather than manually dragging one program over at a time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
 You can now go to … on the client page and subscribe multiple clients to a program.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

15. Referral $$ off if you refer a trainer to the site! I know lots!!

Refer a trainer to use it and earn free months usage of the app!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow videos to be added from computer files, not just those from YouTube

I film my clients and I'd like to attach those videos to their workouts instead of only being able to add YouTube videos. Seeing themselves do the movements aids in observational learning (good research in the motor learning literature to support this).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now do it with the latest v6 app.

Thanks!

17. Client assessment forms along with a Par-Q

It would be ideal if trainerize offered automatic emails of assessment forms to those signed up. Right now we have to email them but would be easier if it happened automatically once they logged in. Everything from Par-Q to a dietary record so that we can create a comprehensive client profile to better offer personalized training based on their needs.

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Offline option for the app

Hi there, I operate out of a gym that has poor to zero reception. This sucks cos I cannot access the app to update when training client. At the moment i do it manually by writting it down the old school and later input in to the app, which is not exactly the most sophisticated solution, especially the double entry data which takes up my time off course :-(
    I know the whole platform is build on online but if the app was able to work offline and then once online it would update (send the data to the server)…

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The training plan and calendar is cached on the phone so you can view them on the phone offline now.

You will however need a connection if you wish to check in/track a workout off the calendar.

19. create an instagram add on

people should be able to follow my instagram account also

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Marking this as complete. With the v6 app, your clients can share their progress summaries after a workout directly to Instagram.

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back and vote on more ideas at ideas.trainerize.com or add any new suggestions.

Thanks!

20. Social forum

Clients being able to post, cross comunicate and interact via a small interactive chat. I.e. Home front - you can post your achievements' other can like and motivate others. Trainers can post group messages - visual to all members. Works we'll in virtual gym application

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You can already do this by creating a group within Trainerize. Any workouts completed by a client will be automatically posted and it creates that digital community you are looking for.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base