Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Workout Templates

The option create a workout template so that a workout can be duplicated with the time/reps/sets/etc. but the exercises can be changed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an auto save feature to workouts, incase the app closes

I've had quite a few clients mention this over the last few years. It would be awesome if the app could auto save entries for weight and reps during a workout, just incase the app crashes. It's happened quite a few times where the app will crash and all of the data entered for that workout will be deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Leave comments on specific exercises

I would LOVE to be able to leave comments on individual exercises. Or be able to review comments from previous workouts while in someone's workout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Autosave stats on workouts without completing the workout

Right now you cant go back to dash in the middle of recording a workout without all of your stats being erased. You have to save and rate an incomplete workout, go back and check what you need to check, and then go back and finish, or discard everything and then put everything all over again. You should be able to check your calendar, dash, training program, and profile in the middle of recording your stats.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A note column for exercises for different workouts

a column for a adding a note on exercise for different workouts e.g.star jumps - for one workout it is go slow , for other workout go fast , for another one start slow then speed up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to edit or swap out moves within circuit without needing to un group

Right now if a circuit is grouped for a superset you have to ungroup and then regroup to edit that workout. Being able to drag and delete into the block would save a lot of time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More than 5 Workouts in Training Phases

Show more than 5 workouts on the page in the Training Phases in a Program. Currently, building a Program from scratch, the 6th workout goes to "page 2" with no way of changing that. Yet several of the pre-built programs have more than 5 workouts on 1 page in the Training Phase.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ISO Hold exercises have a timer

When an an exercise is elevated have the option to have it a timed exercise rather than just weights/reps. I use iso holds a lot with my at home clients and they have a hard time tracking how long they’ve done it for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exercise history tool accessible while building new programs

Give trainers the ability to look back on exercise history while building workouts to allow the trainer to appropriately progress exercises between training phases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability for clients to access their workouts from a computer

We have multiple clients wanting to access their workouts from their computer for a bigger viewing screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to add cover photo for workouts

Option to upload a cover photo to workouts, instead of the screenshot of the first exercise.

This helps make them more easily identifiable within a program, especially if all workouts begin with the same exercise (i.e. all of mine have activation exercises at the beginning, so almost all covers look the same)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. An apply all button

An apply all button so that you don't have to change the sets reps for each exercise.

Example
    You make a plan with 6 exercises in it then click on one exercise enter sets and reps and then a button to apply the same to all exercises would just save time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Embed questions into a workout for clients to answer after they've done the workout

Ability to add questions into the workouts for my clients to answer afterwards. I have three questions that I like my clients to answer, and at the moment I am telling them to type their answers into the comment section, but it isn't ideal as they have to remember what the questions are. It would be easier if there was a way to add questions so that they can answer them after they have done the workout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using desktop version to run a routine

I would like to be able to do a workout via desktop not just mobile app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unlock lessons

Make the completed workout function as a gate keeper

Meaning if clients don’t complete the scheduled activities/task for the day or week they are locked out of the upcoming lessons

Until the required lessons/training/ task are completed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calculate total weight lifted during a workout

I personally use an app called Strong for my training, which tells me the total weight I have lifted during my workout. I put a photo of this on Instagram and a few of my clients were asking if the trainerize app does this as they would like to know. From my experience, a lot of people like to know the total weight they have lifted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More minutes and seconds options for intervals

In the interval feature, after 2 minutes, it jumps to 3,4,5,10,15,20,25,30. More interval options would be helpful. For example, half minutes and every minute up to 30 minutes or more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A better integration of "Rate of Perceived Exertion" (RPE) within Regular workout design

A better integration of RPE would include a designated field for trainers to communicate the RPE for each exercise to the client, letting them know how hard this set should feel.

In addition, I would suggest the inclusion of a field where clients record their "Last Set Rate of Perceived Exertion" (LSRPE) This way trainers can get a more granular picture of how and where clients rate of exertion reaches or approaches failure throughout the workout rather than relying on the single exertion rating at the end of the workout.

This could also be tied into automation, automatically generating a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Substutute move on periodization

Ability to substitute a move for periodization. This way you can change the move for a bodybpart weekly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base