Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Sync with the Apple watch

Do you wish to strap your Apple watch to your client during sessions, or have clients use their own Apple watches in session? Leave your comments here and let us know how you would like to see all the heart rate data.

1,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

T

hanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

Here’s our blog article to learn more about it:
    https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-introducing-the-apple-watch-app-powered-by-trainerize/

If you wish to train yourself as a client with the Apple Watch, you can download the Peak Fitness app and sign in with that.

Learn more here:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046225911-How-can-trainers-train-themselves-as-a-client-too-

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Allow me to pay additional money to have the app branded for my company. I would pay a hefty amount to have this be "my companies app".

I would jump at the ability to have this app be custom branded/skinned for my company. Then my customers don't think I'm using an outside service but have developed the app ourselves.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow trainers to track workout progress for "offline" clients

I LOVE Trainerize for my online training clients but would like to track stats/progress/workouts for my in-person clients who chose not to use Trainerize as part of their package. I still keep the "old fashioned" folders for each and looking for an online platform so I can go paperless! Thinking it could be as simple as an option when creating the client that only the trainer can view client info?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bulk schedule programs

I love how we can schedule workout programs for clients.
    It would be great if I could could easily drag and drop or copy/paste multiple programs in one go, rather than manually dragging one program over at a time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
 You can now go to … on the client page and subscribe multiple clients to a program.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

5. Have an auto save feature for intra workout tracking .

3 times I switched out of trainer ire to look at something else in my iPad for reference to my workout and all 3 times it autologous me out of my workout. I'm lucky I have a good memory with the weights reps and sets that I complete or I would have lost valuable information. Instead, just about 15minutes trying to refill everything in 3 times. I could see this being a common issue for my clients that chat on their phones a lot during their rest periods .

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. we need a way for our clients to be able to "check in" on social media when performing our routines from trainerize app.

I see all of my online clients "checking in" at the gym or club that they are performing the routines I put together for them, but are not "checking in" with trainerize giving credit to the app or my routines.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow ability to send out automated texts or messages

My clients prefer texts as the means of communication
    Automated texts would be amazing.
    It would be great to be able to personalize their name with a generic message
    'Hi Sarah'.... Then same motivational message everyone else gets

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest upgrade with our new messenger, we’ve now added a complete 14 day onboarding message journey you can automate to increase initial engagement and up your long term client retention.

Additionally there are many more event-based automated messages like when a client completes their first workout, etc.

For more information, you can see our help article here:
    http://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/217971003-How-do-I-customize-the-Automated-Messages-and-Events-

8. Re-set the Cardio input options so you can set a time AND a HR zone eg 30 seconds at 90-100% HRmax

For programming interval training, we need to be able to offer guidance on time as well as intensity levels eg sprint at 90-100% HRMax for 30 seconds then jog for 1 min at 70-75% HRmax. Your current settings only allow you to set either time OR HR zone.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Social Media Link For "Instagram"

Really need a Instagram link created as its the trending app among gen Y and X! Facebook's out, insta is HOT

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add totals to progress. Total Weight Lost/Gained, Inches Lost/Gain, Body Fat % This is almost more important than current stats.

Clients are most proud of their overall achievement. They often forget where they were and a reminder of the entire journey can go a long way to maintaining their behaviours.

Please add a total results section. This way clients can see for themselves and show their friends the total stats lost or gained.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow videos to be added from computer files, not just those from YouTube

I film my clients and I'd like to attach those videos to their workouts instead of only being able to add YouTube videos. Seeing themselves do the movements aids in observational learning (good research in the motor learning literature to support this).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

You can now do it with the latest v6 app.

Thanks!

12. Give Clients the option to film video of an exercise for trainer review

It would be great to give clients the ability to shoot a short clip of them performing an exercise for the trainer or coach to review form and make suggestions. I know for a fact this will give our clients a more personal connection and better retention eliminating the need to seek in house trainers for additional coaching.

588 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bigger business logo on app startup. The 232x60 image is tiny and poor branding for trainers. Could be so much better!

Personalised branding on the mobile app and iPad app is a great idea. But why so small?

At the recommended .png size of 232 x 60 the logo looks so small on the screen you can't even make out my brand name. Please please make this bigger. I spent a lot of effort getting a professional logo so I rally want my clients to see a full sized logo on startup rather than this tiny little image!

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The logo is now much larger to accomodate the larger screen phones and tablets so they continue to look sharp on the splash screen.

You will noticed we are now showing your logo in the menu too as of our mobile app v3.11.

Sign in and update your logo to the high res version on the web if you haven’t already done so!

Thanks.

14. Allow Syncing With FitBit Devices and other platforms

Much like clients can already sync their weight with their Withings wifi scale, many users currently own Fitbit Aria wifi scales and it would make sense to allow the same syncing to occur.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’ve added Fitbit integration in our last mobile app release. When a client connects their account, we’ll import their past 2 weeks data. Any new data logged going forward will also be imported. We are currently importing body weight, body fat percentage and their resting heart rate.

We’ll continue improving the integration so please keep your suggestions coming. Let us know how you wish us to evolve with Fitbit.

Why not take this chance to add the power of your vote to these related ideas if they apply? The more popular an idea, the sooner we start it. Thanks!

Sync steps for FitBit : http://goo.gl/Zf69h9

Apple Watch: http://goo.gl/KtJMsD

Sync with Polar : http://goo.gl/VDJtK6

Sync with Garmin : http://goo.gl/35KlJQ

Tanita Scale: http://goo.gl/00WFnL

Digifit :http://goo.gl/9bkB95

MyZone :http://goo.gl/TvmLXY

15. music disruptions , a way to not allow trainerize to shut off music , losing subscribers that dont want to go in to app for this reason

A way to keep music playing during use of app , having multiple complaints that the app is shutting off their music. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but in todays world people don't want anything disrupting use of multiple app running. For instance using app shuts down spotify. This needs to be resolved so that clients can jive to the the workout music will make working out a better overall experience I have seen apps like map my run allowing music to be played without disruption.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Should be able to set up a photo reminder for the same day every week for every month so that we don't have to click on every week

Should be able to set up a photo reminder for the same day every week for every month so that we don't have to click on every week

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow an exercise to be used more than once in a workout i.e. Sled sprint, row ergometer, burpee, etc... Without setting up a custom exercis

Instead of adding a new "custom" exercise everytime you want to double up on an exercise such as in a metabolic conditioning circuit, allow us to add the same exercise without having to create custom execisev#2 , custom exercise #3, etc

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Check Box for Assigned Cardio and Results Box...

The Check Box allows us to assign cardio activity. Included should be the choice of assigning a specific target heart rate, duration and/or distance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a daily reminder to the calendar, or schedule daily habits

The ability to set up simple habits for clients to follow and track adherence to i.e. Yes/No to Getting protein at a meal time.

Apps like Habit Bull on Android or websites like Coachific are great examples of these.

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

The habits feature is currently in open beta. You can turn it on by going to Add-ons > Integrations and scroll down to the bottom section “Beta Labs”.

You can turn on the habit module from there.

Habits v1 will go live in Q1. v1 focuses on prescribing custom habits to individual clients.

Your vote has been returned to you. Feel free to suggest new ideas for the habits module back on the ideas.trainerize.com.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base