Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "End of Month Report"

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

1,707 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Progress" tab to the left main list of options

Presently it takes an enormous amount of time for me to go in and out of each client's account to get to their progress area and specific reports. If we had a primary option to enter progress as the main action and then select what thing we wanted to track; ie body weight, bf, exercise stat, ... and then have a list of clients to select from... Well, the progress performance would graph up, show me what I wanted to know and then I would select the next client to see their performance in this area. And too, it would…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Weekly Client's Report

It would be nice to have a weekly review of the client.

Avg Weight
    Avg Macros
    Avg Calories
    How many times they trained
    How many times they performed their cardio

Right now you have to calculate this and view the history of each item one by one.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compliance Percentage Displayed On Client's Dash

A feature where every client can see their own compliance percentage at the top of their dash, with the ability for them to toggle between nutrition, workouts, habits, or all, via a drop down. Perhaps even with the ability to toggle between weekly, monthly, or all time compliance. Based on the program(s) they're currently running.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to export weight or body stats data from the app

I use the data from the body stats to do regular reports, it would be good to be able to export data to excel

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export names, last workouts logged

I would like to be able to run reports of my online training clients.

For example, run a report that exports to excel with info like client first name, client last name, last session logged, last workout logged etc.

This goes one step further than the dashboard and we would really help with bulk training

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Volume Tracking in "Progress" tab.

Both by exercise (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) for powerlifters via overall volume (sets x reps x weight) and also by major muscle group per week for physique athletes/clients (12 weekly sets for pecs, 15 for vertical back, 13 for quads etc)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add the ability to easily create "client report cards" that can be emailed

Just as we are able to click to create graphs, it would be fantastic to click to create "client report cards" that would reflect a clients achievements and 'need to improves" for a set period of time. Once the trainer has clicked on the things he/she wants the report card to show it is then emailed to client. What a brilliant way to help with client retention!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mynetdiary add-on

Really Like the myfitness pal add-on.
    But I use mynetdiary since it has far superior reports and more features.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reports based on total volume/load

Would like to be able to define a "preferred graph default".

I mostly use "load" to look at total volume and have to reselect every single update or graph since "max weight" is the default (and is getting old). I do not usually have clients changing load within one workout -and when I do it is a planned RM progression like in the conjugate 5-3-1 process.) I would like to select Load as my default

The Monthly grid "clips: at 10 sets and i would like it to go to whatever I have assigned. For instance, In density protocol, it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. export client compliance reports

export client compliance reports

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A spot to add something specific to a calendar day - like: started period

I don’t know what category this is. But it would be super useful to have a blank notes category in the blue circle options for adding to daily calendar. Right now we have to into activity, then to general, then to set own targets to get a blank space and it still posted as general. I would like my clients to be able to post things like : period started or travelling day or whatever they want to let me know for that day:) thanks for the amazing app!! Keep it up!!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ....make reviewing a clients progress via the length of the program not the month.

Often clients programs are never written to exactly end on the month. This makes reviewing a clients progress difficult because progress is currently displayed over two different months. The progress report should be displayed over the length of the program not the months the program was trained in.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Graphs to examine any trend over time (RPE + Performance or Sleep + RPE etc)

In the progress area of the Trainer's software there could be an option for multiple graphs. There would be the option for toggling information from multiple categories (Nutrition, Exercises, Sleep etc.). That would be extremely useful for trainers to see how certain variables such as sleep affect general parameters such as rpe of workout or specific parameters such as the performance of a given exercise.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the order of exercises in Review by Workout.

The order of exercises displayed on the report is completely random.

We put exercises in order for a reason and it would be really nice to see the report displaying the exercises in that same order.

If we add progression to Exercise A, I want to see how it affects Exercise B. Right now, everything's scattered so it's hard to decode what is affecting what.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow for reporting of results to send to client

I would like to have the ability to send my clients a report on their progress, that shows more than just one metric @ a time. It would be cool to show them a report with up to 3 or 4 metrics (EXAMPLE: waist, hip, LBM,FM & Weight ) with the dates of measurements as well. Right now they can only go online and view each individually on a graph. It would be cool to be able to print this out and give them to put on their fridge for motivation. I have used VirtuaGYM previously and that is something…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Total Volume for each major muscle within a program

When the word "volume" is used in sport science research, it is referring to the number of total hard working sets per week (a hard working set is a set taken with 5 reps from failure). Yes this means that "high volume" means a lot of working sets, not a lot of reps.

In order to track and progress volume, it would be good to see the number of sets sets programmed on a per muscle group basis. At the moment, the only way to do this is to manually count sets.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Workout Data, Reports, Graphs and Analytics

I would like to see more in depth information relating to client workouts, comparing previous performances, using there data and display in graphs, charts, and a snap shoot on the dashboard.That should be standard, and would be a great motivational and adherence tool for client's plus important information for the coach when analyzing client performances, to prescribe progressions.Currently to obtain this information is limited and very time consuming, which defeats the object!!! Can you please consider adding this feature in ASAP!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base