Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Ability to add custom foods to the in-app meal tracker database

Similar to MyFitnessPal, be able to add custom food item like a branded supplements.

292 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be able to record video workouts (an entire PT session, sequence of workouts)

Being able to film a video of a PT session, class, sequence of warm-ups/cool down stretches that a client can follow along with.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
 You can now drop full-length classes/workouts.

You can find out more here:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044615112-Step-by-step-guide-to-creating-video-workouts

If you are interested in building out on-demand programs, add your vote here to stay updated as that’s next on the list.

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/41657269

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

4. Schedule appointments with multiple clients for team, or small group training.

With the new Beta Appointments feature, it would be nice to add the ability to schedule appointments with multiple clients for the same day/time. Currently, you can only schedule one appointment with one client at a time. But if I want to schedule an appointment for 2 sisters who both train together at the same time with me, I can't add them both.

Perhaps another idea is to allow appointments to be scheduled for groups and not just individuals, so that if I have more than one person training with me at a particular time, I can see that reflected…

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now create group appointments.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Other ideas you might be interested in:
    Group Video Calls:
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-feature-requests-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/40750750-multiple-clients-for-small-group-virtual-training

Thanks!

5. Client payments

It would be great to have clients pay through trainerize

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Vertical Videos

Can we allow vertical videos to be uploaded yet?! I have so many videos in my archive to be uploaded and I naturally hold the phone/camera vertically and not horizontally, so I keep forgetting to adjust. But it’d be great if this could happen?! Anyone agree??

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Edit or delete Messages

To have the ability to delete messages from your groups or private messages

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now do it with the latest Trainerize v6.9.12 app. Custom app are currently being updated.

Thanks!

8. Tabata/Intervals Timer app for cardio workouts

It would be great to have a customizable tabata timer to include with the overall workout both loadable to the client calendar.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

This feature is now released with Version 3.11 of the mobile app. You can build interval workouts from the web or mobile app now and your clients will have the built-in timer so they have to toggle out to another app anymore.

We’re definitely working to make the timer better over time so any suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Some trainers have started another thread here:
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-general/suggestions/16454917-interval-timer-allow-us-to-enter-work-rest-times

Thanks!

9. Add an "Other" option to sex

Use sex instead of gender. Allow option not to specify a biological sex.

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

There is now a non-binary option that a client can select on setting up their account.

Thanks!

10. Add session tracking when creating packages in Trainerize Pay

I would like the ability to add the number of sessions and price per session when adding sessions in Trainerize Pay. This would be helpful for
    1.Allowing for session tracking for 'in person sessions.
    2. Charge for additional sessions or virtual coaching sessions outside of the clients current package.
    3. Prevention of session surplus when a client hasn't utilized all sessions within a certain billing period. (this would need the option to bill client after the last session in their previous package has been used)

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  55 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to define availability and let clients to self book/reschedule appointments

Trainers should be able to plot in when they are available and when they are busy, so that clients can schedule and re-schedule sessions easy.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Your clients can now self-book their appointments by turning on self-booking for those appointment types.

You can also define your availability for the appointment types.

You can learn more about it here:

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4429608464788-How-to-allow-clients-to-self-book-1-on-1-PT-sessions-and-coaching-calls-in-Trainerize 

Some other ideas you might be interested in voting for:

Link up to my Google calendar so that it can block out my availability for self booking

https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/44094906

Thanks!

12. Make a myfitnesspal add-on feature

to allow for tracking nutrition along with training programs. many apps already sink with myfitnesspal, like fitbit and facebook.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to copy workouts from programs to templates

I would like the ability to have all my workouts that a I build under the workout templates, regardless of whether I build them out under a custom plan for a client, under workout templates or under the programs feature. Perhaps having a feature where you toggle what "areas" that particular workout is saved to in an effort to make this feature more flexible would be most ideal.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Basic class booking abilities for clients to self-book into classes with timeslots for classes or group training within Trainerize

I need basic class booking where clients can browse class time table for the business and grab a spot directly in Trainerize without needing another gym management app.

I have one membership type that allows access to all class or small group training spots. I also do not need trainer commission payout calculations or salary calculations.

For advanced class booking where you need commissioning or splitting class types by membership etc. , please vote here:
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-coach-trainer-trainerize/suggestions/45196516-need-class-booking-with-trainer-commission-payout

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Viktor Djurasic responded

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce this feature has been released in beta! We've added a banner on the overview page to help get you started booking classes. Start there and check it out.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to help@trainerize.com.

Thank you for voting!

15. Free Trial Period without credit card

I want to create a program where I can "sell" a 1 week free trial. With payments they have to put in a CC number before they can move on and I think that will scare everyone away. I would like for it to only require a payment if the cost is greater than .01

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Viktor Djurasic responded

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

16. Appointment scheduler / booking system.

Ability to keep all my appointments within Trainerize.

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

The appointments feature is now in public beta and you should have seen the new tab in the app.

Here are some related ideas you may be interested in adding your vote to:

Clients self-booking/rescheduling
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/19278142

Session tracking and payments
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/31368610

Group appointments
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/41146051

Thanks!

17. Ability to add our own meals / recipes to a library for clients to discover

Be able to add recipes to a library and clients can use directly with the caloric and macro information.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about how to create custom meals/recipes here, and you can see how your clients can discover your custom meals here

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas such as adding your custom meals to the Smart Meal Planner or have ability to create your own Custom Meal Plan or ability for clients to create their own recipes. 

Thanks!

18. Nutrition app

It would be great to have the nitrition portion of my clients' plan delivered in the same format.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Streching

With working out many trainers do not incorporate stretching, creating an area on the app that we can build add custom stretches and Yoga as well.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

We have recently added a bunch of stretches to that app. If there’s any other missing stretches or exercises you think we should be adding, please email back with a list of them and we can look at adding them to our app.

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back and vote on more ideas at ideas.trainerize.com or add any new suggestions.

Thanks!

20. Self-Adjusting Cal/Macro Breakdown Per Item In Meal Tracker

Currently there is only a cal/macro breakdown of each individual item based on the default serving size, but when you adjust the serving size, you're not able to view the update cal/macro breakdown of that item until it gets added to your daily total.

I think having a self-adjusting cal/macro breakdown with each item in the food tracker that changes based on CUSTOM serving size BEFORE you add it to your diary would be most idea. Just like MFP.

I think this would save our clients a ton of time and frustration.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base