Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Terms and Conditions

Add a terms and conditions for clients to agree to or liability form for clients to complete during registration. I have owned a training studio for 10 years and I have my clients fill out a form to that they assume the risk and indemnify myself, my studio or my affiliates.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add Training Plan Templates

I can't understand why this isnt already a feature. Workouts can already be created with a template, if the same thing could happen with a training plan without setting up a client and using up one of our client seats that we've paid for. This should be an available feature,
    This would allow trainers to build pre-set training plans to increase workflow. This could work along side workout templates pulling in workout templates to training plans and then saving.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI everyone,

Happy to announce we’ve completed this idea. Thanks for supporting the idea everyone.

The final form of the idea is called “Programs”. You can group training plans and even import your template clients in as Programs.

If you notice in your web app, there is an additional section called Programs. you can now subscribe your clients to programs.

Also, we’ve released the companion feature to this Training Groups. Please read about it below.

We hope you enjoy this feature.

Please keep your ideas coming! Thanks!

Team Trainerize

Announcement post:
    http://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-discover-trainerize-programs-new-way-to-deliver-training/

More info on our helpdesk:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004404763-What-is-a-Program-How-do-I-build-one-

3. Allow to upload documents (PDF, Word, etc) to our clients profile

It would be nice to be able to share with my clients all sort of documents (evaluations sheets, progress stats, etc).

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest upgrade, we’ve now added the option to add up to 4 PDF forms as part of the customizable welcome e-mail.

You can upload additional onboarding PDFs or welcome kits in this section that will be automatically sent out whenever you add a new client to Trainerize.

For more information, you can see our help article here:
    http://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/217971003-How-do-I-customize-the-Automated-Messages-and-Events-

4. Need more food options (oats for breakfast etc.)

Adding more food options into the meal planner, as quite limited currently

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed as we added more Oat meal ideas in our library of breakfast meals! We will keep expanding our meal library with more breakfast ideas in the future. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

5. Ability for clients to quickly view all uploaded files or attachments

Allow something similar to other messengers, have a section where all the files that were sent so they can see all PDFs, excel files, word docs, images etc that I've sent across.

That way I can quickly share files, recipes and it's all in one place.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable syncing of body weight or body fat percentage from Apple Health to Trainerize

Given that there's people out there that have digital scales other than Withings that automatically send their weight to an app that either syncs with Apple Health or Apple Health directly, and the fact that most other things can be synced from Apple Health to Trainerize already - even unnecessary things like blood pressure and cycling distance, it shouldn't be so hard to allow syncing of body weight as well. Especially since body weight is likely one of the most important markers for most clients & coaches.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  17 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to take a quick meal photo for food journaling

Add a feature for clients to submit a photo of their meals to their trainer in a tab specifically for meal photos with time stamps. This way we can go into their profile, click on a meal photos tab, and see everything they've been eating, in order, with dates and times. This will help insure they are sticking to their meal plan and serving sizes and is an easy way to manage client adherence. Thanks!!!

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add more cardio activity option (like hiking, tennis, basketball, football, soccer)

Add more cardio activity options like hiking, swimming, skiing, playing tennis, basketball.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

We just adding more activity types with the release of our new Apple watch app update. You can learn about it here:
    https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-unlock-the-power-of-coaching-with-wearables-with-the-latest-apple-watch-app-powered-by-trainerize/

You and your clients will need to be running the the v7.3 app. The app should auto-update, unless you have manually turned it off in your App Store/Play Store.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

10. Allow clients to record workout from previous days in the app.

if a client misses a day of logging in, they can not go back to check in or track stats the previous workout... The only option in the app is to move that workout to today, so they end up calling me to do it from the desktop version, creating more work for them and me! Please give us a more simple option!

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Interval Timer: Allow us to enter work/rest times

The new Interval Timer is awesome! I would like more control over setting the times - specifically, I need it to allow for 60/20, 45/15 and 40/20 work to rest intervals. I don't use Tabatas often, but I'm sure many would appreciate and option for 20/10 as well.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

In the v5 and v6 apps, you are able to create interval workouts with these various rest periods now, so we’re marking this one as completed and returning your vote to you.

Here are some other related ideas you might be interested to upvote:

Build HR interval workouts
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714662-ability-to-build-cardio-intervals

Quickly build tabata
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714671-ability-to-quickly-build-a-tabata-workout

13. Allow ability to send out automated texts or messages

My clients prefer texts as the means of communication
    Automated texts would be amazing.
    It would be great to be able to personalize their name with a generic message
    'Hi Sarah'.... Then same motivational message everyone else gets

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest upgrade with our new messenger, we’ve now added a complete 14 day onboarding message journey you can automate to increase initial engagement and up your long term client retention.

Additionally there are many more event-based automated messages like when a client completes their first workout, etc.

For more information, you can see our help article here:
    http://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/217971003-How-do-I-customize-the-Automated-Messages-and-Events-

14. Allow trainers to 'cue up' the next training plan for a client

A feature to allow trainers to 'cue up' the next training plan for a client, and specify a date for the new plan to replace the old one. That way when a client's old plan is over, it switches them over to the next training plan without any intervention needed by the trainer.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Syncing With FitBit Devices and other platforms

Much like clients can already sync their weight with their Withings wifi scale, many users currently own Fitbit Aria wifi scales and it would make sense to allow the same syncing to occur.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’ve added Fitbit integration in our last mobile app release. When a client connects their account, we’ll import their past 2 weeks data. Any new data logged going forward will also be imported. We are currently importing body weight, body fat percentage and their resting heart rate.

We’ll continue improving the integration so please keep your suggestions coming. Let us know how you wish us to evolve with Fitbit.

Why not take this chance to add the power of your vote to these related ideas if they apply? The more popular an idea, the sooner we start it. Thanks!

Sync steps for FitBit : http://goo.gl/Zf69h9

Apple Watch: http://goo.gl/KtJMsD

Sync with Polar : http://goo.gl/VDJtK6

Sync with Garmin : http://goo.gl/35KlJQ

Tanita Scale: http://goo.gl/00WFnL

Digifit :http://goo.gl/9bkB95

MyZone :http://goo.gl/TvmLXY

16. we need a way for our clients to be able to "check in" on social media when performing our routines from trainerize app.

I see all of my online clients "checking in" at the gym or club that they are performing the routines I put together for them, but are not "checking in" with trainerize giving credit to the app or my routines.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a "Drag/Drop" the order within a day

This "Drag/Drop" feature would work best from both the "Workout Template" page (if the client's calendar can be seen at the side) but also as a feature on the client's calendar page. Too many times I want to change around workouts to different days but the current method is very time consuming. Training Peaks has this feature and it's awesome!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. bigger business logo on app startup. The 232x60 image is tiny and poor branding for trainers. Could be so much better!

Personalised branding on the mobile app and iPad app is a great idea. But why so small?

At the recommended .png size of 232 x 60 the logo looks so small on the screen you can't even make out my brand name. Please please make this bigger. I spent a lot of effort getting a professional logo so I rally want my clients to see a full sized logo on startup rather than this tiny little image!

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The logo is now much larger to accomodate the larger screen phones and tablets so they continue to look sharp on the splash screen.

You will noticed we are now showing your logo in the menu too as of our mobile app v3.11.

Sign in and update your logo to the high res version on the web if you haven’t already done so!

Thanks.

19. 103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
 This was added last year in one of our platform updates.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

20. I would love a feature in trainerize to where clients can purchase a program that I've created as an automated thing and do it on their own.

I would love a feature in trainerize to where clients can purchase a program that I've created as an automated thing and do it on their own. This is so I can generate more income on a passive level for those who need less hands on support. This feature should include automated emailing too.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

This is now currently possible with Trainerize Pay Beta.

You can build products and sell them on your Trainerize.me page.

On purchase, you can also attach various automated actions to either subscribe someone to a program or join a training group.

More information is here:

https://www.trainerize.com/blog/update/trainerize-pay-beta-update-whats-new/

If you do not see the feature, you can drop us an e-mail at help@trainerize.com to turn the feature on for you. Thanks!

Trevor Chong
    Product Director @ Trainerize

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base