Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Voice messages!

It’s a bit hard to get your excitement or instructions across when sending written messages so I think voice messaging would be a great addition. I’ve had clients reach out to me this way on IG and the response is much more fluid.

3,199 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

265 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about it in this blog post or in this help article

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and your client MUST be on app version v.7.114.0 in order for the voice message function to work on mobile. It will not  work otherwise. Certain Custom branded apps are still rolling out, but  you should be getting it shortly if you haven’t so far.

Few important things you should know about voice messages feature:

• Voice messages are available in DMs, and Groups, and both on Web and Mobile.
    • You have 2 ways of sending voice message:

-Tap, Hold to Record and Release to send
            -Tap, Hold, Swipe up to lock for hands free, Record hands free and Tap to send

• Length of voice message is up to 5min long.
  2. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

2,430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Garmin Connect

It seems a lot of the major fitness tracking apps are missing. Not having Garmin Connect or even Polar seems a missed opportunity.

1,962 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sync with the Apple watch

Do you wish to strap your Apple watch to your client during sessions, or have clients use their own Apple watches in session? Leave your comments here and let us know how you would like to see all the heart rate data.

1,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

T

hanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

Here’s our blog article to learn more about it:
    https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-introducing-the-apple-watch-app-powered-by-trainerize/

If you wish to train yourself as a client with the Apple Watch, you can download the Peak Fitness app and sign in with that.

Learn more here:
    https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046225911-How-can-trainers-train-themselves-as-a-client-too-

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

5. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

1,163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!

You will need the update your mobile app to the latest version for this to work.

The web workout builder now supports timed sets.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

6. Built-in food journal / food diary / meal tracker and macro tracking

Instead of having to use Lifesum, MyFitnessPal or Fitbit, be able to track food directly in the app.

1,034 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! If you are running into MFP syncing issues, switch over the in-app meal tracker.

You can learn more about it here:

Changing everyone to the in-app meal tracker

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404939776916-How-to-Switch-to-Another-Meal-Tracker-

How clients can track using the in-app meal tracker

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405482601364

This feature is available to everyone with app versions from 7.16 and up.

You can vote on other meal tracker ideas here:

https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-trainerize?category_id=409929

Thanks!

Team Trainerize

7. Be able to subscribe clients up for multiple programs (individual + other programs)

Be able to sign clients up for multiple programs. They could keep their individual program and be subscribed to other mobility programs or challenge programs.

992 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow trainers to enter own meals into the smart meal planner

Trainers enter their own meals with pictures & macros which appear as choices when meal plan is generated from macros

985 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about it here. Please note that you can swap any system meals with your own but Smart Meal Planner still can be generated only with system meals due to algorithm. We are working on improving the backend so the SMP can be generated in the future using your custom recipes as well. It will be possible later next year.

Thanks!

9. I would really like a quick "Like" function for client activity.

To be able to quickly acknowledge them without having to send a full message! Just like on FB or IG, to be able to simply "Like" that they checked in for cardio.

This can be on the overview screen.

909 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now do it on the web app. The v6.9.16 iOS and Android apps are rolling out and you should see the same functionality over the new few days.

Thanks!

10. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

902 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We have added about 200 banded exercises. Both loops as well as bands with handles to the exercise library.

Thanks!

11. FILES / Informational Tab - Upload informational videos, documents etc

I just want to be able to upload videos or documents (other than exercises) eg: "How to track on MFP", Macros 101, Guide to Supplements, How Fat Loss Works, Which triaining is best for you etc etc.

Because this is an online coaching platform you want to be able to give as much information to the client as possible.

A seperate tab on the overview page would be perfect. And allow clients to be able to access the Files whenever they needed information.

904 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

With the new v6 app, you can now record a video message directly from the mobile app, or pick from the camera roll.

You can also attach a file in the messenger.

Thanks for supporting this idea. Your vote has been returned to you to revote up another idea.

One related idea you might be interested in is the ability to send video messages via the web application:

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714152-send-video-message-via-web-app

12. Allow videos to be sent from camera roll as attachments in messenger.

Currently, videos cannot be sent from clients to me or vice versa. This would be a helpful feature so I don't have to toggle back to texting when a video needs to be sent.

For example, my client needed to send me a video of her home gym, but could not so texted to me.

882 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a daily reminder to the calendar, or schedule daily habits

The ability to set up simple habits for clients to follow and track adherence to i.e. Yes/No to Getting protein at a meal time.

Apps like Habit Bull on Android or websites like Coachific are great examples of these.

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

The habits feature is currently in open beta. You can turn it on by going to Add-ons > Integrations and scroll down to the bottom section “Beta Labs”.

You can turn on the habit module from there.

Habits v1 will go live in Q1. v1 focuses on prescribing custom habits to individual clients.

Your vote has been returned to you. Feel free to suggest new ideas for the habits module back on the ideas.trainerize.com.

Thanks!

14. Add PDFs/custom links in the more section for clients

Ability to add links to link out to pages to buy supplements, equipment, clothing etc.
    Have a space to upload recipe guides, starting guides etc.

This will be for everyone.

If you need specific links/PDFs for specific client types, vote here
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/44489439

855 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Happy to announce this has been completed.

Please make sure your clients turn on their diary share to public in MyFitnessPal, then come back to the Trainerize app and hit “Enable diary share” in the MyFitnessPal section.

Thanks for the great idea! Your vote has been returned to you, please come back and upvote another idea at http://ideas.trainerize.com. Thanks!

https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-full-meal-details-now-available-with-the-myfitnesspal-nutrition-integration/?fbclid=IwAR3Cl0M2HHGNUAeMP4oFT7Rr15y87lS-8WP5zRFL46-CCvK_ipKUhw8aVMw

16. Allow a video loop to keep playing while the timer keeps running

Allow video playing while the timer keeps running.

For Interval training is a big handicap to stop the timer to see the video...specially fot HIT workouts that need short bursts and flow.

Is reaaly a big issue, many clients left the app due to this problem!
    Please check this option ASAP ! Thanks in advance

738 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

The new interval timer with looping videos is slowly rolling out but you can manually turn it on via your settings > Advanced > Enable New Interval Workouts. Currently the looping videos are only for Trainerize videos only.

Some interval related ideas you might be interested in:

Ability to easily substitute or replace Trainerize exercises with my own.
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/40187713

Looping video for custom exercise
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/42127621

Thanks!

17. Show macro breakdown per meal (not just calories)

Make macro breakdown per meal vs just total added? For example - here there's are 2 meals added. Overview page lists calories, but once you have more than one meal, you can't see what made up the macros, or where they came from. If a client (or myself) wanted to see where the carbs were coming from (whether it be as an education tool or just to see what was carb dense), we can't tell what foods made up the total carb count and how much. Yes, it's on the single items info when it is being added, but trying…

643 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give Clients the option to film video of an exercise for trainer review

It would be great to give clients the ability to shoot a short clip of them performing an exercise for the trainer or coach to review form and make suggestions. I know for a fact this will give our clients a more personal connection and better retention eliminating the need to seek in house trainers for additional coaching.

588 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add to the trainer version of the mobile app the ability to setup and edit client data including workouts

I would love to be able to add clients via the mobile app so I DON'T have to get onto a laptop or desktop to create a client profile, add or remove exercises, etc. It takes extra time out of my day to have to go home and sit for 30 minutes to set stuff up when I could just do it in my spare time from my Android on the go! I'd love to have that flexibility and freedom!

578 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Over the past few mobile app versions, we have ported most of the daily editing functionality for workouts and training plans down to the mobile app.

For now, advanced functionality like copying training plans will remain on the web.

Thanks for your great ideas. Please create more new suggestions on how we can help you build your workouts or training plans faster!

Thanks.

20. Bodyweight exercises

More exercises that have no equipment as many clients workout from home

536 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)