Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live leaderboard for workouts

For the group feature and just in general a live leaderboard for the workouts. We program a lot of HIIT or functional fitness type workouts and would love to see this feature to help create friendly competition. I know you can post a workout to the group feature but all it shows currently is who completed the workout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An automatic "save work as you go" feature PLEASE.

You guys, I just deleted the entire workout I was almost finished with due to ** wifi/weather sitch for the MILLIONTH TIME. I cannot even begine to explain how many times this has happened to me since 2016, losing all of my work, thoughts, focus, time, etc. As a business owner this is VERY frustrating when you must be VERY strategic w/ where your time goes so I'm sure ya'll feel me. So, you know how canva has that feature where NO MATTER WHAT happens your work is ALWAYS SAVED?!? yes, that feature is what I am requesting asap so

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. workout notes

While a client is "doing" a workout within the app - it would be great if there was an option to add a note while still IN the workout. The feature would be available in close proximity (maybe a plus sign that expended to a text box) to where the client would post their reps or weights.

Condition = client was assigned to perform strict pull-ups. Half-way through the exercise, the client had to modify with a band.

The ability to add a note when reporting would allow the client to say they did "X strict repetitions" and "Y modified…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add "undos" for one exercise.

Please allow "undos" to be applied to a particular exercise instead of the whole day. When programming percentages, it is very annoying to refill EVERYTHING for that training day when only one exercise needs fixing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to record stats during interval training

It would be both beneficial and excellent to not only have clients track the time they're doing a specific exercise but also the reps and load they are using during interval training, instead of waiting until the end and possibly remembering and recording wrong data or breaking the flow of the training to constantly pause and record only to transfer the data later.
    This would help trainers support and display to our clients the true progress they are making within a given routine or with specific exercises in regards to strength, endurance, and even cardio vascular fitness.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. An automatic message if the workouts are not marked as complete!

When people do not mark the workout as complete they get a automatic message and have an option where if they stop marking them as complete for a couple of days they will get another automatic message that we customized.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alternative Exercises

I'd love the option to have a client easily swap out an exercise if they do not have the necessary equipment available. This would be helpful for those who may only have gym access a few days a week or if their gym doesn't have necessary equipment. I have a done-for-you program that doesn't require much customization so it'd be nice to give them the option of swapping an exercise. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability for clients to record a video during their workout

It would be a nice option for the client to record themselves while they are in the middle of a workout for the coach to see technique, etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to create progressions using formula like Google Sheets

I have a formula to calculate weight/reps etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. timer upgrade

two things I'd like to see with the timer:
    1) I would like to enter my own times, or for there to be a much wider variety of times, like every 5 seconds or so.
    2) I would like to edit the rest times in the progressions like I can edit sets/reps. Example: I would like to increase reps and lower rest over the course of a block, or lower reps and increase rest over the course of a block.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow clients to save & name Freestyle workouts

Have an optional setting to allow clients to create & save the workouts they create.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to edit a workout and it update to all the already scheduled workouts without having to delete,re add & add progressive overload

When a client faces a injury or a issue eg. no gyms and you want to adjust/edit the programme/workouts, currently I need to edit the workouts, then re add back to the calendar as it does not update to the already scheduled workouts. As i need to re add onto the calendar It then means I need to re type out progressive overload settings for each client as when you delete then re add to the calendar the progressive overload settings re set to the beginning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Periodization

I offer 3, 6, or 12 month training programs. I would like to have the ability to breakdown the training programs into periodizations (Macrocycle, Mesocycle, Microcycle, Workout) and name each cycle. This could be done with some type of dropbox under the training program tab. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Specify Personal Bests

We always get notified of when a client hits a new PR in a workout, but it is not clear as to what that PR is. Having it register in the workout review clearly would be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add calories to general / fitness class

I’d like to have the option to add a “calories” field to the “general” and “fitness class” activities - my clients often wear trackers for boot camp sessions and would like to be able to log calories tracked like you can when you enter in a run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing exercises from a week to week to help with weekly programming

The progression feature is great! but expanding on that feature to allow for exercise changes as well instead of creating a whole new program.

i.e. Week 1 & 2 Goblet squats; Week 3 & 4 Back Squats

Week 1: SA Rows  Week 2: SA Cable Row  Week 3: Bent Over Row

This would be great for accessory lifts or isolation lifts to add some variance and excitement to the workouts. While still progressing in the core lifts, you can make a workout fresh by changing the less important lifts to a different variation.

The current way, you would have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allowing clients to add exercises to workouts

Allow clients to enter in their own workouts or other exercises they want to add to workouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. transition periods for the interval workout

Many clients are saying it is tough when we assign them workouts using the interval style to change from exercise to exercise without any transition time. They feel rushed which is sacrificing their form and getting ready to do the next move. It starts off great with the 3/2/1 and then it just goes one to the next. It would be good to have like a 3 second transition time to change exercises, or be able to choose how many seconds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)