Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom metrics column

Add a custom metric or intensity column for exercises ie. calories, Watts, rpm, tempo, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Client able to “star rate” workouts

I think it would be a great way to get some feedback but more important be able for everyone to see the star rating of a workout. So they can say, wow this workout’s is 4 out of 5 rating. I want to try it out!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add partner category to movement types

Add partner category to movement types when creating a new exercise, so it's easier to find exercises for pairs and groups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Not all exercises are reps x lbs. Please add a blank box to notate more flexibly

Many many sports use body weight/other specific exercises that can't be described as reps x weight. An easy fix is to give trainers the ability to just add a blank box for unique sport notation. E.g, universal notation for hangboard training in climbing is 6x 7:3 (-10) (6 sets of 7 seconds hanging with 3 seconds rest with 10lbs taken off body weight). You are radically reducing your market by limiting functionality for gymnastics, boxing, rock climbing, swimming training and many other sports.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to filter through exercises when creating workouts on the mobile app

On the mobile app, you are able to filter through exercises based on what muscles they work, etc.. when you go to “manage exercise library”, but when you actually go to create a workout on a clients account under the program tab, you can’t filter through the exercises. I feel like adding that same filtering ability would make things a lot more streamline when you make workouts on the mobile app as you can filter exercises by what muscles they work, equipment, etc.. This will also help my clients because they can edit their workouts and actually be able to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Steps

I would like to be able to track steps with Trainerize only without using a 3rd party integration as some clients don't have Fitbit, Apple watch etc, so would be great if Trainerize would have this integrated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sort exercises

Be able to sort exercises into muscle groups. For example if I want shoulder exercises, I choose shoulders and then I can choose from the list or being able to sort it by category for example lower body exercises, upper or abs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow different rep ranges within the same exercises

Allow to edit a certain set within the exercise to change the rep range. This is quite annoying because i have to add the exercise twice to change the rep range.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have a "hiking" option for workouts

Instead of "walking", it would be nice to distinguish "walking" from "hiking" in my clients programs.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add kickboxing under exercise options

I have to assign “fitness class” to all of our members because we are a kickboxing gym, and you don’t have kickboxing as an option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "Disc Golf" to the options for cardiovascular activity

Disc Golf is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world. There is an estimated 8-12 million people globally that have played disc golf. I'm requesting that it be added as an option alongside golf, table tennis, and the other sporting activities listed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Rucking" to the list of cardiovascular activities

Rucking is becoming increasingly popular as a form of cardiovascular exercise. It would be great to see it added as an option to select for cardio.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Senior (55+) exercises

Seniors have different needs. The aging body and various medications limit what can be done. Chair exercise would be one example.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stopwatch on timed exercises

When setting exercises such as a wall sit or plank hold that is timed it would be good to have a stopwatch for clients to use to time their efforts when tracking workouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Timer Visibility

When you hit the Start button for a timed exercise, all other Start buttons disappear. When the timer stops they all re-appear. This makes it hard to focus on the next objective and it's easy to start the wrong timer.

Can you make it so the timers display in order (only one at a time) and when the timer stops, only the next timer Start button is visible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Countdown for Timed Sets

It can take some time to get into position after hitting the Start button on a timed exercise. When the timer ends you have to guess how much time you took to prepare and go past the bell.

It would be nice if there were a (user adjustable) countdown timer to prepare for the exercise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display progress by exercise as well as progress by workout in tabular form.

I find it easier when I create a workout and add an exercise done 2 months ago to be able on this exercise to find the number of repetitions and the weight done the last time, without having to remember that I had do this or that workout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prescribe exercises within a set amount of time with remaining time to rest.

Create an option where you can complete exercise or exercises within a prescribed time.

Example 1. 10 x Bench Press 3010 in 80 Seconds Rounds for 4 Sets/Round. The exercises to be completed within 80 seconds (every 80 Seconds) with remaining time to rest before starting again.

Example 2. 10 x Bench Press 3010 & 10 x Row 2010 in 2 Minute Rounds for 4 Sets/Round where both exercises to be completed within 2 minutes with remaining time to rest before starting again.

Example 3. 10 x Bench Press 3010 in first 70 Seconds and 10 x Row 2010 in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we assign a fitness goal to multiple clients at once?

I would like to be able to assign a "fitness goal" to multiple people at a time from the clients page. Or assign to a master program

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Add my own target" for other cardio activities

When making instructions for Cardio activities like skipping, it only gives the option to do "Time" or "None" I'd like to specify for say skipping 6 rounds of 60 seconds with 45 seconds rest as an example. Similar to "General" that has "Add my own target".

Thanks!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base