Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Not asking clients for their weight when signing up

When clients sign up they have to enter their weight as part of their profile. I work with a number of clients who have body image struggles or a history in eating disorders so asking for their weight is really not okay and I have to physically tell them to enter 0kg in this because it's irrelevant.

It would be brilliant if we could remove this or have this as an optional thing instead of compulsory

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to customize the invitation / setup / welcome email

The invitation email is not customizable. Should be.

We'll like to add our own information to the email.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Onboarding videos for clients

Create onboarding videos for trainers to use to help their clients to learn how to use the app. I am looking for more support videos from trainerize for my clients. I need videos to show them how to "Find their workouts", "Mark their Workout" as complete, "Substitute Exercises", "Access the On Demand Library", "Take Progress Photos", "Track Body Stats", and "Use the stopwatch or timer". It would be nice if these instructions were uploaded in the Trainerize video library so that we could drop them into their programs or message. The "Watch Getting Started" video that is under support is…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the "Thumbs Up" solid after deploying in the Client Overview

It would be awesome to have the Thumbs Up stay solid to know we've already deployed for that client activity. Even better, it would be great to have the same options available that appear in Groups (which DO show what has been deployed). Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Putting clients program on hold or freeze

Would be great to be able to freeze / hold clients accounts for when they need to. Sometimes they are ill or traveling so they won’t be able to do the workouts and don’t want to miss them.

Thanks
    Shab

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to push back scheduled items in the calendar

If a client is sick for the next 2 weeks, push their scheduled items back 2 weeks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show All Clients

Having the ability to SHOW ALL clients on one list then select, filter, tag, and manage large groups of clients would make the software even more useable for companies/trainers with large lists of clients.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support different languages for each client.

Ability to have one business support multiple languages. I support German, Russian and English clients, but the email that goes out will need to be in the various languages.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notes

Clients to be able to add personal notes for themselves within the app like trainers can.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Where can clients upload their assessment videos?

I do assessments with my clients and I ask them to send their videos to me, but this gets very messy as it stays on my messages and I can't find the assessments easily. Can you guys add an option for clients to upload their assessment videos too, like they are uploading their progress photos? Assessments are the most important part of training clients and I'm surprised there is no tool to make these assessments easier. Also, there are Overhead squat assessment applications, I think it would add great value to trainerize to have at least this assessment integrated. Thank…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ATTACH MULTIPLE PDF AVAILABLE

I have multiple PDF documents I share with the clients. Pretty embarrassing for me that I tell them “I have my own app” but I can only attach 1 PDF with the meal plan. Then I gotta email or share wit them the rest of the information for the coaching on google docs or google sheets. They ALWAYS ask me. Why can’t I see everything inside the app? I don’t want to have to to to multiple diff locations to get the information. Please fix this

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Trainers to have a 14 day free trial for clients- without taking up paying clients seats / available seats in the trainers system.

Doing free 14 day trials / challenges helps trainers build some proof and sell clients into a full program. However, they currently take up a seat on our paid clients roster. It would be nice to have maybe up to 20 seats/slots for clients to do a 14 day trial with us, that does not occupy a seat from our allowance. I know PT distinction allows for this currently at no charge to the trainer. as well as a couple other apps. Would love to see trainerize be able to match something like this for us- even with limited spots…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. adding notes to clients calendars on specific days!

a way to add notes to calendar days, that can be shared with the client and not shared, so for trainers to see only, that you can see at one glance!

For example, if a client is going away for a few days you can add a note that like "Going to jamaica" on those days, so you forget and know they're away. It could be used for anything, like medical exams, or competitions or ...

On the calendar, the title would say "going to jamaica" (not "Notes!" please don't do that!) then you can click on it and add…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to deactivate or hide Timmy Explorer

I know we can delete Timmy Explorer but I would just like to deactivate him or hide him so I don't see him listed as a client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to add more results to body stat

I'd like to add more than just body fat, weight and water if possible. It would be great to include metabolism, BMI, body water percentage, muscle mass etc. Maybe a customizable field for adding your own result would be best. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. progress pictures desktop

Enable the option to view side-by-side pictures on desktop in addition to the app. I work mainly on my computer for my clients and I always have to go to my app or save both pictures and create the side by side myself in another program.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a place for Trainer/client notes for EACH exercise!!!

When a client needs to write “back hurt” or “this was too hard” or even an RPE for each exercise!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a search box when assigning workouts in calendar view

When adding exercises, cardio, or workouts to programs in the calendar view, having the ability to search those without having to scroll through the whole list would be a clutch addition.

Essentially all you need to do is add a search box to the pop up window when you select workouts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easy way to change between accounts without having to log in and out of different businesses

I have accounts with 2 online trainers plus an account as a trainer. It would be great to switch between businesses without having to sign in and out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. On the calendar, instead of calling a workout " general", put the custom title that the trainer enters.

I have clients that hike, go to orange theory, ride their peloton, etc. I like to specify that for them on their calendar for the month so they can go into Trainerize and check it off. Instead, the calendar comes up with just an entry for General on every day even though I entered a custom title. I think they'd be more likely to open Trainerize and check off their workouts if the specific title was on the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base