Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto calculations for percentage of 1 rep max

Have calculations built in so you can put the clients 1 rep max in and then prescribe them a percentage of that 1 rep max

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like to be able to insert "Rest" directly into the a workout I'm building.

We should be able to drag and drop "Rest" instead of it being automatically added to the end of a session.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. be able to rearrange or reorder training phases

Be able to drop and drop training phases so we can rearrange them for easier editing of programs

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us build and assign training programs from the app

Instead of having to jump on the computer, using the app we can assign programs quicker and easier

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PRINT

We need to have an option for clients to print workouts that includes the REP SCHEMES DESIGNATED. The ability to print right now only gives the exercise then the number of sets, but no instructions from the reps or rest columns. They should be able to print something that has everything they need to do their workout (aside from videos obviously) because not everyone likes carrying their phone with them everywhere in the gym.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Schedule a break/ time-off in a plan

It would be nice to have a option to add a break into a scheduled program for a client if they need time off for illness or injury without having to fully rebuild the plan. For example you have a 6 week plan set up and workouts scheduled but client gets sick and you need to delay the plan for 10 days on the 2nd week of the plan so they can recover and start back up on week 3 after their scheduled 10 day break. It would just automatically push everything down on the calendar without needing to manually…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unlimited scroll on clients/programs

With clients and programs it’s a waste of time and hassle to constantly have to click on the little page icon to get to either more clients or a program within a client. It needs to just be a continuous scroll up and down that auto populates as you go. TrueCoach and others have this and it’s so much easier and faster to just scroll especially when you have a program on say pages 3-4 so now you have to click page 2 just see page 3 visible to click. Lots of wasted time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. INCLUDE REPS IN PRINTED WORKOUT LOG

Some clients want to be able to print their workout logs, but it only includes the reps and doesnt show supersets, rest or rep schemes. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the possibility to change rest time in the progression spreadsheet

Rest time between exercises do no appear on the progression spreadsheet, so if a want to program less rest time between sets on a perioditation it’s harder

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to see upcoming training phase to prepare for it.

As a user, it's frustrating that I can't see my next program until the day it starts.

Example: It's Saturday and my new program starts on Monday (updated exercises or reps or something). Nothing shows up in my calendar though until Monday :/

Ideal: It would be great to see the next program that I have available so that I can prep for it. Instead, I have to wait until Monday morning (workout time) and I have to scramble to figure out the new routine in order to get it done in time. I'd prefer to have the next program…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Running and cycling programs

I use training peaks to set training plans for marathons, triathlons etc. It would be good to have the facility to set threshold zones, pace and HR zones for running and power zones for cycling. As well as being able to add notes to advise the client on how to tackle that session

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easy way to change, rest, reps etc. for all exercises in masterprogram

When making master programs, all added exercise is standard with 90 seconds rest and if you don't change this in the beginning you need to change them individually. I would be great if you in the top could choose all (like you can choose all exercises if you wan to delete them). But specific for rest, reps and so.

I would be a simply feature :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to choose our own interval durations.

Rather than the pre-set times for exercise intervals which are limited, they are fine for HIIT style training, but not great for endurance/performance intervals.

It would be great if we could programme for our client to run for 6 minutes, or 8 minutes for example. But it currently jumps from 5 minutes to 10 minutes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Customize Client Progression Workouts

Its a better way to customize a clients personal program in the progresion sheet. Entering the weight assigments for each exercise is a good option to give a client. Not everyone have the same goals, so a progression sheet that is for the entire program its not all that helpfull.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Training systems

A simple training system drop down for each exercise on a "regular" workout.

So rather than having to type the full drop set, pyramid set, Eccentric info etc etc, in each exercise note. where we already type the rep range etc.

As a trainer we could put a key in the workout description

DS = Drop set (perform set for required reps.... Etc etc)

PS = Pyramid set......

Etc etc.

Then all we have to do is along with typing in notes on each exercise, we put in the reps and sets as we would normally and then simply select…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reverse Pyramid training

Currently I have to enter each set as a separate custom exercise if I want to program reverse Pyramid training.

In fact, Pyramid training of any kind is not really supported

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. importing Excel sheets

Excel Sheets Can be imported even as a pdf for viewing. Eventually have videos be suggested to the exercise content rather than entering one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to delete the right and left exercises, and add in the new tagged contralateral exercise in the old program.

Make it possible to delete the duplicated right and left exercises, and add in the new tagged contralateral exercise in the old program....I made a whole year worth of programs, and would love this option, but I would have to make all my programs over again instead of switching the new option out for the old one..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base