Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1412 results found

1. Sign-up flow with ability to pick a fitness level or training type then automatically gives the related programs

I would like to create a subscription and within that subscription have a list of training plans available. This way once the client subscribe he or she can chose which trainig plan they want to start with first based on the training plan I have included in the package.

Example if the created 3 different programs (Beginner, Fat Loss, Muscle Build). Once the client signs up they can chose which program fits their goal, and the automation picks the right program.

Anytime, they can switch between the 3 levels and the program changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Total Weight Personal Bests

It would be great to be able to easily see the total weight lifted previously for each excercise, and to also be able to see how much weight has been lifted total so far on the current this workout. This would really help us see and set new total weight personal bests.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have a calendar for all clients workouts for the day. Instead of having to go to each individual calendar.

I would like to have my calendar with all the clients and workouts listed that are scheduled for the day. Then I can click on which one I would like instead of going to each client individually.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for multiple filters when searching through workouts

Currently you can only select 1 filter option.

When i go into my workout library it would be good to select multiple tags to filter to refine search.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Being able to programme through the progressions screen

I'll use a powerlifting programme as my example:

So across a multiple month set up - you can really easily build the reps, sets and weights etc, and the progressions can be adjusted when necessary.

The problem comes with the assistance exercises. I don't want my client doing the same technique builder exercises for all those months, I'd like to change them based on strength and weaknesses throughout the course of the programme.

Right now, If I want to change from a Pin Squat to a Pause Squat - I would have to scrap the entire progression planned ahead, redo…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Clear Week" and "Clear Remainder of Program" options

Sometimes I have to change a person's program mid program. And they already have everything scheduled into the calendar and it's a little obnoxious to have to individually delete everything. "Clear Week" and even "Clear Remainder of Program" options would be CLUTH.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please autosave our summaries! I forget to save sometimes and have to completely rewrite them...my summaries are in depth. Rewrite-no fun

This is something I have been wishing for ever since I started. I write out summary specifically for each client's workout program. Sometimes I am scrolling down to look back over the workouts real quick and forget to push "save" in the summary before I click on something I see needs to be edited in the plan. Then I realize I completely erase my entire summary...and I haven't copied it so I have to try and rewrite what I wrote the first time. Is there any way possible to add an "autosave feature for the summaries?" That way when us…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a generic "event" to the calendar

Client check-in calls
    Zumba
    I would like to be able to add an event to someone's calendar that is related to their workout program, but that isn't specifically a workout I've built or "cardio."
    If there was a generic "event" option that we could customize - that would be very helpful!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to track stair climber floors instead of miles

Be able to track stair climber floors instead of miles

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. auto fill workout data

Auto populate workout data with the clients last personal best (repetitions and weight) when creating the clients training program so when the client trains there is minimal data entry needed by the trainer into trainerize. Entering the repetitions and weights can be slow and take the trainer attention away from the client, especially when there are back to back personal training sessions with no turnaround time to update after the session.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Workout Builder Options - Drop down Menu for Type of exercise, RIR, RPE, Tempo etc

Workout Builder would be easier if, after you drag in the exercises, there were drop down menus for, type of exercise eg: strength, warmup, circuit, mobility, stretches, Reps, Sets, RIR, RPE, AMRAP, Rest time, Load, 1rm% etc.
    For example:
    Sets Reps Tempo RIR/RPE Rest Load/1rm% Notes
    Barbell Squat 3 8 2,2,1 8 1-2m 80%

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Edit workout from calendar screen

Allow the ability to edit a cardio activity or workout from the calendar screen. For example, if I schedule running and forget to add a target I have to delete the workout and add it back in rather than being able to click on running and edit. It would save time and improve ease of use when programming.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Do undulating periodization programs without having to schedule days in the calendar

At the moment you can only DUP programs if you schedule the days in the calendar. Would be good to just be able to them with the calendar

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Start Client mid Program

When creating Training Programs with multiple plans/microcycles that are progressive/periodized in nature, it would be nice to be able to start clients on certain plans. For example, having a bodybuilding Program, but beginner starts at the very beginning while someone who is a little more advanced starts on the 2nd or 3rd mesocycle

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fitness Assessment & Progress Tests

Having a fitness assessment to see where the client started and where we should start with the client would be extremely helpful. To see their progression, it’d be great if we could schedule one every couple of months or so (as we see fit). Also, being able to compare PRs would be great for the client to get motivated and keep going!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create Program Templates

We should be able to create programs as templates then load to a client. It’s a very long process when you have to do programs for more than 6 people per week. The ability to do a 6 week basic program will also aid new starters in the gym.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pause Timer and See Overview

You should be able to pause timer during interval workout and back out to see the overview of the workout.

I noticed that when you use the timer function when I have something like a circuit prescribed, you can't back out and see the overview of the workout. So my clients do the first superset fine, but then they don't know what the next two exercises are. They have to wait for the timer to get to that exercise (they may need to prep/find equipment/lock down equipment/etc. for the other exercises). and if they do stop the timer, they have…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the workout builder window a fullscreen window.

Workout builder should be a full screen window. It would allow for more features to be available for building the workout but I also like to be able to see the entirety of a workout that I'm building. However, it's all crammed into this tiny window, which also doesn't always format well, depending on what browser you're using.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Specific exercise benchmark testing

Example: 1 mike run, 1000 meter row, push up, timed plank, wall sit... measurements are exciting but exercise related standard tests would make it more well rounded

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More customizable options on mobile app

There are a whole lot less options and flexibility to customize my site and programs on the mobile app like I would on the full desktop version.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base