Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1412 results found

1. Shorter timeframes for phase length

We should have the ability to shorten the training phase as they aren't always a week long or in weekly increments

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Keep a timer option for timed based exercises.

It would seem that if the exercise is definitely time based, I should be able to set a recommended timer for that exercise.

Currently, if an exercise is Timed (Longer Better) or Timed (Shorter Better) or Timed Strength, we lose the ability to select a recommended timer with the exercise. We can only type in text with the exercise when prescribing it to a particular client or workout.

If I can make a feature request, please allow Timed exercises to have an editable timer on them like standard Strength exercises.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. During workouts; adding a "comment/ note" sections after each exercise

When my clients and myself are using Trainerize I explain it as a "digital journal". I think it would be beneficial to add a "notes" or "comments" section after each exercise. For instance if I complete a Bent Over Row and my 3rd set was too light at the bottom of that exercise I could make a note i.e "go heavier next week on 3rd set too light". It could be as easy as where it usually says "+ ADD NEW SET" there could be another option saying "+ADD COMMENT".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save Partial workouts or workout blocks to be able to quick-add

It would be great to be able to save workout blocks in our templates to be able to quick-add or quick build around. It would save some time in WOB instead of having to go look for a workout that has that block in it and then delete what you don't need.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Limit who can edit name and comments for videos

Trainers should only be able to edit name and video for exercises they added them self. Since changes apply to all programs/plans where an exercise is included, one trainer making a change can impact the work of several other trainers and clients. Creating confussion and need to reverse

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a side box to record feeling/modifications during exercise on training card

There are boxes to record reps and sets, but not about feelings or mofications for clients.

Example, I am doing a band exercise, I NEED to write down which color the band used was in order to remember next time.
    Example 2, I am doing an exercise at a certain inclination or in a certain position, and I NEED to write down where I was or I was positioned.

ATM, reps and sets box only retain numbers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 15 day free trial

Program is setup to give 15 day trial to a new customer, that then rolls into a recurring monthly paid program. The charge for monthly program is done on the 16th day. I have tried to figure out how to create this automated program, and find it is not possible. As a company, we know 15 day trials work very well. Gets someone setup and loving the program with no risk.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to duplicate a custom exercise

I would love the ability to duplicate an exercise demonstration video and then edit it slightly to change the equipment used. Much like how we can copy workouts and are prompted to rename the new workout from "_____ workout name copy"

Here's why. Lets say I make a glute bridge video. Upload it to a new exercise demo video listing on the app and methodically tag it with muscles used, movement complexity, etc.

Then duplicate that listing, change one thing like checking 'dumbbell' instead of 'bodyweight' and create a new listing needing a different video for the variation. This way…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow clients to enter stats even for interval style workouts

Interval style workouts still can use weights that want to be tracked!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to schedule a program switch in advance

Let’s say i don’t want to change my client’s program right now, but I want to set it for a few weeks from now.

It would be great to be able to schedule the subscription change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to buy/sell other coaches programs in master programs so we don’t have to enter everything manually

Ability to buy/sell other trainers programs and add them to our own master programs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you Upload an Exercise, Choose the Option to share with All of Trainerize

If a trainer/owner adds a new exercise from YouTube, there should be a way to make it public to all coaches on Trainerize.
    I understand some trainers wouldn't want to do this if it's their own image, and that's fine, but if it's a generic YouTube video then why not? Think of all the time it would save, instead of every trainer re-inventing the wheel when an exercise isn't already uploaded.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add individual rest times after each set

Have the ability to add individual rest times for each exercise set.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give different calendar/workout schedule options for master programs that the client can choose from

Often I want to subscribe a master program but their schedule doesn't work with what's already set. It'd be nice to set several options that the client can choose from. That way I don't have to customize the program every time and they can still be subscribed to the master.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete option for interval exercises to have "side" instructions

There are numerous exercises in the library that alternate sides (e.g. bird dog) that, when added to an interval workout, automatically show "left" and "right" sides. I usually delete one of them, but either "left" or "right" still remains and can't be deleted. Can you please fix this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add specific comments for each certain exercises.

There are certain movements I need to be specific on with exercises. I also would like my clients to be able to make specific comments on exercises vs just a blanket comment for the entire workout.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tidy up exercises and improve selection functionality

The list of exercises is currently a bit out of control, with inconsistent naming and duplicate entries.

I would suggest categorising the exercises and creating an organised structure with the following hierarchy:
    - muscle group (legs/arms/torso/etc.)
    - muscle (forearm, bicep, etc.)
    - exercise name (bicep curl, tricep extension, etc.)
    - variations (green machine, cable machine, straight bar, etc.)

(or similar)
    You should still be able to search terms and these would filter at all levels of the hierarchy, but the results should fit into the categories.

Obviously a lot of exercises may be part of multiple sub-categories and that's ok,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add comment field to activities

For activities (running, walking, elliptical, etc) add a comment field so client can add details (level 15 on elliptical, incline % on treadmill, etc)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need a dedicated weight field when creating a workout plan

Right now, each exercise added to a Workout only has one field for sets and one field for everything else, Weight/resistance, reps, special notes/instructions.

This is far, far too limiting. Especially in the case of weight/resistance. All of my clients are demanding to know what weight to use, especially because this can vary depending on total reps assigned. They are thrown off when Trainerize shows them previous max weights, which is not always applicable to a given workout. (For example, if we had an in-person session where I figured out their 1RM with them and logged this, it later shows…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base