Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Mass attachments for Clients

Allow us to send PDF in messages or create attachments for all clients in one click.

For example if I wanted to send a PDF with healthy recipes that I could upload the PDF and click send to all clients and/or specific groups. Or upload it to attachments for all of my clients.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app.

On the web on the client’s page, select multiple clients and hit the message button. You can attach a file from the message composer.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Option to turn off in-app messaging for each client

Right now there is 2 options when making a new client.

1. Trainer has full control of app and client can't login(without sign in)
    2. Trainer and Client have full access to app(with sign in)

Why not add a 3rd option

1. Client can login and use most of app for training and nutrition with no interaction with trainer or no in-app messaging. This would allow a client who has experience but only wants some direction through an assigned program and instructional videos. It could go farther with the ability to add price tags to additional features within the app (ex. $5 dollars…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now set one way or two way messaging on a per client basis.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. Ability to send a message to all clients at the same time

Some days of the week I send the same message to all my clients and as it is set up now I have to send the message to each person individually. It would be nice to have a feature where you type up the message and click send to all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Simply go to the client page and select multiple clients and hit the message icon.

Thanks!

4. Have a way to turn off messaging for clients who are lowest price package (no messenging included

Have a way to turn off messaging for clients who are on lowest price package (no messenging included... this would be a game changer for me and my business as i have a three tier system...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. You can select 1-way messaging now.

Thanks!

5. Ability to Copy Programs

Ability to copy programs to create a similar program for a different group.
    When creating programs for home & gym clients, I typically create the gym workouts first; then copy & adjust certain exercises for home workouts. This is no longer available in the Program functionality.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to add feedback to clients workouts

As a way in interact better with the clients and their workouts and to reassure the client that the trainer see's what they are doing and it is worthwhile.

A feature where you could click on a workout a client has done and add feedback which pops up for the clients. The activity feed is great and so when you log in and see that 'Joe Blogs' has done Legs B Workout' you can click into it, see they have increased the weight and post a quick feedback message about that workout to motivate the client, "Well done joe, nice…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Group Area

I create groups in Facebook. It would be much better easier aNd quicker if I could create a group in the app, and select clients. There they can share, connect and I can help them focus in voicing off each other.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. group clients

Ability to categorize clients and filter them. It would be great to categorize clients with standard identifiers such as by gender, age, fitness level, or custom identifiers such as bodybuilders, runners, home gym clients etc...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can use the custom tag feature to tag clients.

Thanks!

9. Create your own generic email templates to save and share with clients

I would love a feature to add to the generic client message database: to be able to format text to make more visually appealing as well as the option to imbed pdf files and images. This will eminate contact from multiple platforms. Plus it looks more professional

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app with the auto-message features and ability to attach files to messages.

Thanks!

10. Set a vacation responder for messages

Set up auto response to messages if you are away on vacation and want to defer to another coach

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feature that allows client cancel subscription within the app.

It is unacceptable that a client cannot cancel their own subscription.

Would you sign up to a subscription that you cannot cancel yourself and must rely on the trainer to do so?

There needs to be an option for clients to cancel their subscription within the app.

Needing to message a trainer and wait to hear back from them before being able to cancel a subscription is a terrible policy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a Membership Type of Business Model (programming capabilities on trainer's side)

I want to create a membership site so I can post work outs on a day to day basis for large following of people. Normally this is done on a website. However, I think people would love to see a work out pop up that I uploaded the day before on their calendar in this app. The combination of this plus the group forums that already exist would give them the feeling of a membership site and give me the ease of uploading a workout to multiple people's calendar's in a matter of minutes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can use the new Post WOD functionality in groups.

Thanks!

13. Not inform the entire group every time a group member completes any action.

Important information in groups sometimes gets lost under redundant notifications such as 'Sally completed 'Workout 2 Day 1''

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. remove redundant notifications for group checkins/tracking.

I would like to receive notification whenever anyone chats within a group without receiving a duplicate notification when they check-in/track a workout.

Currently, there's only mentions/reactions or EVERYTHING. Since we already receive Push notification when a client checks in or tracks, it's redundant for trainers to get the same Push notification from within the group context.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Individualized Scheduled inbox messaging

I would love the ability to schedule individualized inbox messages to my clients

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This can already be done by adding auto-messages directly to the client's calendar, or adding it to a master program.

You can see more details here:

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000397966-How-To-Use-and-Setup-Program-Auto-Messages-

Thanks. 

16. Allow clients in group coaching to cancel payment/get kicked out of app once billing period is complete

In order to scale and automate more efficiently, allow the client to cancel payment/membership on their own, and once their billing period is complete they automatically get removed from the app. I know Trainerize already has a method to intake clients in an automated fashion, but if I wanted to scale my group coaching to 400 clients and each time one of them wanted to cancel I have to go in manually, I will be very busy simply doing this mundane task. This would be HUGGGGEEE

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Simply turn on the self-cancellation feature on the product in Trainerize Pay.

Thanks!

17. notify client when added to group

notify client when added to group

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We send out a notification when a client is added to a group.

Thanks!

18. Have the ability to create & schedule custom messages in a mass format through the messaging system

Currently the only way to schedule an automated message you create is by attaching it to a specific program or on a specific client's calendar. It would be much more beneficial to be able to create your own customized messages(say a Mon, Wed, Fri message) and schedule it out for either each individual client or as a mass message through the messenger system. It would help improve client connectivity and make it much easier for trainers to keep people motivated w/o having to write out either the same type of message every week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This can already be done with the multiple programs beta. Simply go turn it on within Add-ons > Integrations. Scroll down to the bottom and turn on Multiple Stackable Programs.

You can now stack on a program that purely contains message journeys that you can easily reuse.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas or revote with a more detailed description.

Thanks! 

19. Remove auto messages from app

Have the option to remove automated messages sent by the app. This is sometimes confusing for clients when we just spoke to them about some thing and the app sends them a message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Keeping groups verse 1:1 clients separate so its easier to manage!

Keep groups and 1:1 clients separate so its easier to manage and to clearly see what client falls in which group or what client works with you 1:1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We recommend that you add custom tags to them, or if you are using integrated payments, simply pull up the product they are subscribed to.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base