Client / Gym Members - Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overall time estimate for workouts and ability to pause/split workout

I’d love to see a time estimate at the top of each workout for planning purposes, and the ability to split sessions with trainer recommendations if we can do 20 mins in the morning and 30 in afternoon, for example. Or a pause and return if we need to interrupt a session mid-workout.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workouts and exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Select or flag favourite exercises

Ability to flag favourite exercises so you don't have to search through entire list when substituting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts and exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to make a comment attached to a specific exercise in a workout

When doing a workout, there are multiple exercises… but when you want to comment, it is just a generic comment… it would be nice if I can make a comment attached to a specific exercise within the workout session.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts and exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow trainees to add exercises that aren't listed

We trainess want to be able to list exercises that aren't listed or that our trainers don't understand/know about. At the moment I'm having to write these exercises down in a notebook, which defeats the purpose of the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts and exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to add individual exercises, lifts, etc on my day off and not have to add a whole workout plan

Ability to add individual exercises, lifts, etc on my day off and not have to add a whole workout plan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Workout tracker, like the last UFC Gym App

Workout tracker, like the last UFC Gym App

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Suggestions for new exercises from my previous workouts

Suggestions of exercises related to previous completed workouts. This feature could be added to the drop down menu when one is searching for an exercise routine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Workout New Freestyle

I like the add Workout New Freestyle but if I search the Class and select, wish it overwrote "Freestyle Workout" with the name of the Class I searched and found.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. track weightlifting

Be able to see how much weight you lift last week(last Friday vs current Friday), then you can get an idea how much weight you can expect to add more resistance on your workout plan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. EDIT EXCERCISES

You should be able to edit excercises in the order you will complete before pressing the start button. This way you know what excercises to do before the clock is running. Also, should be able to add excercises not found in the directory, like Incline Hex Press for Chest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having a comment area for each workout

Having a comment area for each workout

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Split a set

If you want to get your 10 reps but start too heavy or fatigue, it'd be good too be able to split that set, eg 6 reps at 10kg, 2 at 8kg, 2 at 6kg. At the minute, from what I've seen you can only add and entirely new set at the bottom of the whole session

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Equestrian Sports

Please add equestrian sports. It’s an option on apple fitness, it should be an option on here as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create and name my workouts so i can reuse them

Create and name my workouts so I can reuse them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would love to be able to upload my CrossFit workouts directly from the Octiv app

My CrossFit workouts are on the Octiv app, so if we could somehow upload directly from that app to this one it would be most helpful 🙂

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subscription pause function

Somethings things happen either work trips, vacation, sick, or just simply need to put on pause. Subscription should offer a option to pause it from monthly charges. Also should have skip or pause option for the workouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to set goals for exercises

I would like to set a goal for a particular exercise to manage progress against it, for example
    • 5 reps of body weight pull-up
    • Max weight Barbell Hip Thrust of 450lbs
    • 2minutes plank
    Etc

So I can monitor progress against specific goals over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show the total volume of the workout once completed

For example, when the client hits "save" when finishing a workout, it gives the total volume of work completed during the entire workout (weight x sets x reps). Ideally, on the same page where it mentions any new bests and new 10 RM type thing. Total volume is a great indicator of progress and I think it would be motivating for clients (and myself since) to see "Wow I lifted a total of 1,200 pounds this workout! When I started I was only lifting 450" or something like that...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow clients to

Allow clients to track additional exercises or workouts they've done beyond what the trainer plans for them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I’m in the middle of a workout, sometimes I need to look back previous workouts but I can’t do that without loosing the filled in data.

It would be useful to see history of similar exercises. For example I get a new workout from my tutor but it’s for the same muscle group as the previous one. It would be great if I could look back the old one, so I can guess the weights for the new one. In case they have a different name it won’t be displayed and I have to close the ongoing workout losing data of sets snd reps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base