I suggest you ...

Regressions and progressions for exercises in a template

It would be brilliant if somehow you could have a regression and progression for exercises in a workout template that us trainers can change.

It can be time consuming to remove an exercise, then to enter a new one and then enter sets, reps, rest & tempos etc. The current way is just like creating a brand new program, only without having to type in the instructions, especially if a client needs every exercise changed.

Some sort of drop down option whereby you can enter say exercise option 1, 2 and 3. 1 being regression, 2 being standard and 3 being progression.

This would allow exercise plans to be recycled, but with different exercises depending on clients needs.

143 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I work a lot on peoples posture moving progressively through movement patterns so being able to set up progression and regression exercise would help to put in larger scale plans

• Allan commented  · 

Trainerize - Please make this happen! As mentioned in a previous comment, having to go into a workout or a program to make this change is tedious and not on the side of the coach who wants to scale his/her business.

Please make this happen. This idea was marked as 'Planned' in 2014. It's 2018.

• William Arvin commented  · 

Genuinely surprised to see how long this suggestion how been here. This is almost a necessity in today's world.
        I have all clients on ProCoach and some of them doing ProCoach workouts (from Precision Nutrition) and this is one of the most raved about features; the progression and regression feature.

• Jason Dupree commented  · 

This would be fantastic. I agree with Dave, I coach calisthenics/gymnastics/bodyweight exercises and this would make life 1000x easier.

• Matt commented  · 

Is there any movement on this? I love this software, but a protocol (reps, sets, exercise order etc.) becomes obsolete if I need to change an exercise. Say the difference between a front squat and back squat = take out front squat, put in back squat, re enter reps & sets. And then re-pair supersets or tri-sets if I have them in the protocol.

• Matt commented  · 

Still would be an excellent feature to this software. :)

• Dave Mace commented  · 

As a calisthenics coach, this is absolutely vital. Progress isn't made by simply adding more weight.

• Chris commented  · 

How far away would this system be?
        We currently have to go in and change them every time and it is very time consuming.

• Chris commented  · 

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! I would definitely use this feature and would love to see it added.

Feedback and Knowledge Base