What can we improve or add?

Regressions and progressions for exercises in a template

It would be brilliant if somehow you could have a regression and progression for exercises in a workout template that us trainers can change.

It can be time consuming to remove an exercise, then to enter a new one and then enter sets, reps, rest & tempos etc. The current way is just like creating a brand new program, only without having to type in the instructions, especially if a client needs every exercise changed.

Some sort of drop down option whereby you can enter say exercise option 1, 2 and 3. 1 being regression, 2 being standard and 3 being progression.

This would allow exercise plans to be recycled, but with different exercises depending on clients needs.

166 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work a lot on peoples posture moving progressively through movement patterns so being able to set up progression and regression exercise would help to put in larger scale plans

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trainerize - Please make this happen! As mentioned in a previous comment, having to go into a workout or a program to make this change is tedious and not on the side of the coach who wants to scale his/her business.

Please make this happen. This idea was marked as 'Planned' in 2014. It's 2018.

• William Arvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Genuinely surprised to see how long this suggestion how been here. This is almost a necessity in today's world.
    I have all clients on ProCoach and some of them doing ProCoach workouts (from Precision Nutrition) and this is one of the most raved about features; the progression and regression feature.

• Jason Dupree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic. I agree with Dave, I coach calisthenics/gymnastics/bodyweight exercises and this would make life 1000x easier.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any movement on this? I love this software, but a protocol (reps, sets, exercise order etc.) becomes obsolete if I need to change an exercise. Say the difference between a front squat and back squat = take out front squat, put in back squat, re enter reps & sets. And then re-pair supersets or tri-sets if I have them in the protocol.

• Dave Mace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a calisthenics coach, this is absolutely vital. Progress isn't made by simply adding more weight.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How far away would this system be?
    We currently have to go in and change them every time and it is very time consuming.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! I would definitely use this feature and would love to see it added.

Feedback and Knowledge Base