Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple clients for small group virtual training or live class video calls like zoom

like you have the 1on1 training appointments but what about for group training?
    Like 3 or more people all on video as I demonstrate and then watch and Coach them as they perform the exercises

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Video calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedule appointments with multiple clients for team, or small group training.

With the new Beta Appointments feature, it would be nice to add the ability to schedule appointments with multiple clients for the same day/time. Currently, you can only schedule one appointment with one client at a time. But if I want to schedule an appointment for 2 sisters who both train together at the same time with me, I can't add them both.

Perhaps another idea is to allow appointments to be scheduled for groups and not just individuals, so that if I have more than one person training with me at a particular time, I can see that reflected…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add notification when clients enter body stats

I would like to also receive notifications when clients update their body stats.

633 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View workouts side by side in a weekly view on calendar so I can see entire programming

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow individual customizations on top of master programs

Be able to add individual workouts, auto-messages on top of master programs so you can add another layer of customization.

399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

This is something that we are looking into. What additional customizations are you looking for?

Please leave us some comments on some ways you might layer things on top of your program.

Thanks!

6. 118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Flip through client calendars

The ability to switch through calendars instead of having to exit out to select each individual client. Or a drop down of clients while in the calendar page.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to a comment/reply thread to a post in groups

Allow clients or trainers to comment on a post in a group so we don't end up cluttering the main group feed.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  23 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add session tracking when creating packages in Trainerize Pay

I would like the ability to add the number of sessions and price per session when adding sessions in Trainerize Pay. This would be helpful for
    1.Allowing for session tracking for 'in person sessions.
    2. Charge for additional sessions or virtual coaching sessions outside of the clients current package.
    3. Prevention of session surplus when a client hasn't utilized all sessions within a certain billing period. (this would need the option to bill client after the last session in their previous package has been used)

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Program functionality for Copying to, or copying from

• Ability to copy workouts to multiple Programs at once, i.e. in order to update or add a workout to all plans

• Ability to Copy from a Program to a client from within client view - i.e. where it says “this client doesn’t have a program, add one” then below that there’s a link to copy to, but only from workout templates.

• Ability to Copy from a Program to client(s) from the general client list ‘copy to/from’ window (again, currently the only 'from' options are clients or workout templates).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great suggestion! This is something we are looking into.

Please provide as much detail as you can the pain points when copying programs.

We’ll love to solve it for you if we have the right information. Thanks!

11. Ability to have sections for each workout such as warmup, strength, assistance, skills, mobility, cool down, etc.

Currently there is no distinction between areas/sections of the workout such as warmup, movement prep, strength, assistance, met-con, skills, cool down, mobility/stretching, etc.
    It would be great to have the sections labeled or the ability to create a custom area/section.
    It would also be great to have templates for each area/section that could be saved and copied to other workouts.

For Example:

Warmup:
    Rower @ 5 minutes

Movement Prep:
    2 Rounds
    10 Air Squats
    10 Leg Swings
    10 KB Swings
    10 Lateral Lunges

Strength:
    Back Squat 5,5,5,5,5 @ 75%

Assistance:
    4 Rounds
    10 KB Split Squat
    10 KB RDL

Stretch/Mobility: …

1,092 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  81 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bulk schedule programs

I love how we can schedule workout programs for clients.
    It would be great if I could could easily drag and drop or copy/paste multiple programs in one go, rather than manually dragging one program over at a time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great suggestion! This is something we are looking into.

Can you provide more feedback as to how you would like to bulk schedule programs?

Also, there seems to be a few of you requesting the ability to cue up a future switch programs.

Can you give us more details on your use cases and add your vote here?
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/34835956

Looking forward to your feedback so we can build it correctly for you. Thanks.

13. Connect to my Facebook Page for my trainer business NOT my FB Profile

Allow Trainerize to connent with a Facebook Page for a personal trainer. I don't necessarily want to use my Facebook Profile page.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow client to add notes for each excercise

Now, it's possible for clients to make notes for the whole workout, but not for each excercise. Would be great to do that (Example: "Reduced weight bench press due to DOMS" --> barbell bench press. "New record, yes!" --> Barbell Squat)

Otherwise, great job! Love your Service and my clients do too.

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We’re currently reviewing exercise-based notes and we need your input to help our team build this out the way you want it.

- Can you give us some examples what you would annotate against an exercise?

- How/when would you like to review exercise notes?

We look forward to hearing your responses! Thanks!

15. Can we need ability to put clients Max lifts in so the app can then workout the whatever percentage we want them to workout at - 75% of 1RM

need to be able to put in clients max 1 RM so we can calculate automatically what they should lift such as 75% or 80%. Be cool if app automatically worked that out

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to add instructions to cardio activities rather than have to create tons of templates

When adding cardio to my client's calendars' there is no option to add individual instructions for cardio activities. We don't want it as a workout template because we will need to change every week. Will it be an option in the future to add instructions to cardio?

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MindBody Appointment Sync

Need to have the calendar from Mindbody sync with Trainerize. We need to have the ability so that clients can book in (schedule in) for a personal training session with a personal trainer using Trainerize phone app. At the moment clients in Mindbody have personal training sessions booked in Mindbody 6months in advance with a personal trainer. They get an email reminder from mindbody about the session the day before but are unable to change or book a future session on an app, (they have to do it via the web). If we have 100 Personal Training clients and 6…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mindbody  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base