Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. Allow users to plan meals ahead and track meals for upcoming days

Allow clients to plan ahead by loading meals for future days in advance. This allows them to plan grocery lists and be sure they are hitting their targets by preplanning.

506 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. Clients can track meals in the future. It will be by default tracked. Here is more info on tracking meals through Trainerize in this article and this one.

If you wish to have meals in the future scheduled and not tracked, please create a separate idea and we will monitor the request. 

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

2. Allow clients to add recipes

Similar to MFP, allow clients to insert their recipes into the in-app tracker.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. You can see how here in this help article.

Clients can track a meal thought PLUS button, select ingredients or just click photo (if they are on photo tracking), and once that meal is tracked, under three dots they can save it to "My meals". 

Next time when they want to track that saved meal, under PLUS button, they can see the tab called "My meals" next to camera tab, from where they can track that saved meal with one click. 

Clients can also access "My meals" library in their three dots menu on the main navigation, they will see section "My Meals" where they have a list of all their saved meals. From there they can also track that meal to today or another day with one click.

Please note that client cannot…

3. Switch from coach to client for coaches

Allow me (a coach) to switch to my training profile (so I can use the app) from my coaching profile to track clients and manage clients. Without having to sign out and sign back in with a separate email log in.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

This can already be done as a work-around. This is how you can run two separate apps - one as a client, one as a trainer.

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046225911-How-can-trainers-train-themselves-as-a-client-too-

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

4. Be able to book in basic clients from the coaches end.

It would be great to be able to book in basic clients from the coach's end, not fully rely on clients to book them in.
    I'm using basic clients for my in-person clients and I feel it's easier to agree on the time, I set the appointment and then they receive a notification for payment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. group fitness booking for basic members

Now that we have group classes, is it possible to allow basic members book, who are not coached 1on1 and do not have their own programming? This will allow for ease of engagement and will reduce follow up on other platforms to engage and book.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app.

Basic clients can book appts/class and pay for things, without needing to take up a coaching seat.

You have unlimited basic clients on a paid plan so you can collapse your booking/payment needs into Trainerize.

Thanks!

6. Allow trainer to block a single hour from their client self-booking availability.

It is possible to set a vacation day, and prevent a client from self-booking on the day, but it should be possible to block single hours at a time from being booked.

i.e. I'm available from 8 am - 12 pm, but one day I need to run an errand, so I can set a block to prevent a client from booking their appt from 930am-1030am.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Separate custom meals from Trainerize meals

The new nutrition updates have been extremely helpful, particularly the ability to add my own Foods and Meals in the database. Just a small change that could make things much easier for the clients is when they click on the "discover" tab, Instead of seeing all of the Trainerize meals mixed in with my meals, they will only see MY meals, with an option to look at the Trainerize suggestions if they would like to.

I think the Trainerize meals are GREAT and very helpful, however many of them look a little "daunting" as they call for a lot of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. Under business permission you can turn off "show Trainerize meals in meal tracker's discovery tab" and your clients wont be able to see Trainerize system meals under "discovery tab". 

In case you keep this permission on, your meals have priority in the list and are sorted on the top, while Traienrize's meals are on the bottom. 

Clients can not chose one or the other as they don't know the difference between system and custom meals. They simply just see the list of the meals. 

Thanks!

8. To allow clients to upload photos of what they eat WITHOUT having calories or macros attached to it. (Eating disorder trigger)

I love the idea of having clients be able to take pictures of what they eat but I do not like that there needs to be a calorie amount attached to it. I have clients who have a history of eating disorders who find calorie counting to be a trigger. I would like there to be an option to use the meal tracker like a food journal for these clients so they can take a picture of what they eat and comment how it made them feel & rate it on a hunger fullness scale instead of calories. I also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow trainer to view clients my fitness pal log and access in app meal planner

allow trainer o view clients my fitness pal log aswell as be able to access in app meal planner . I have certain clients who I check what they have logged daily. this product can't be used until I can view my fitness pal log aswell as apply a nutrition plan

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this set to 'Cannot be done'  as logging meals from the smart meal planner is designed to work only with the in-app meal tracker.

Thanks!

10. Assign individuals in a Group different WORKOUT programs.

Right now in Groups, you can not give specific training to people. in my "Holiday Challenge" group, I want Sally to get a specific upper/lower body training split and Beth to get a glute and cardio training during the challenge. Trainers can not assign that currently.

In fact, Trainerize needs to change "Training" in groups to "Information / Education" (scheduled notifications of tips, videos, messages etc"

and

use "Workout" options in Groups to be able to assign everyone the same workout (like a Masterplan is now) AND the ability to add individual workouts (like my Sally and Beth example up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app.

When you attach a program to a group, everyone in the group will have that program. 

However, you can just attach programs individually, that way you can have different programs for different people in the same group.

Thanks!

11. Allow meal app to allow clients to add food to a date in the future.

I'd like clients to be able to add meal data to a date in the future. This allows them to plan ahead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have the ability to create & schedule custom messages in a mass format through the messaging system

Currently the only way to schedule an automated message you create is by attaching it to a specific program or on a specific client's calendar. It would be much more beneficial to be able to create your own customized messages(say a Mon, Wed, Fri message) and schedule it out for either each individual client or as a mass message through the messenger system. It would help improve client connectivity and make it much easier for trainers to keep people motivated w/o having to write out either the same type of message every week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This can already be done with the multiple programs beta. Simply go turn it on within Add-ons > Integrations. Scroll down to the bottom and turn on Multiple Stackable Programs.

You can now stack on a program that purely contains message journeys that you can easily reuse.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas or revote with a more detailed description.

Thanks! 

13. Global setting for business to set meal tracker default

Ability to default the whole business to meal tracker by default instead of meal photos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. There are few ways how to switch all your clients to desired meal tracker  - through client grid, or permissions page. On permissions page you can actually change the meal tracker settings for all your clients type so every new client that comes on board will by default have the meal tracker settings you set under clients type. Here are two articles that can be of help:

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/9538019260692-Setting-up-client-permissions-based-on-client-type

and 

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404939776916-How-to-change-meal-trackers-for-clients-single-and-bulk-

Thanks!

14. Will there be a 'Snack' option in the Smart meal planner?

I have clients that would like to have snack ideas in between there set 3 or 4 meals for the day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync Myfitnesspal app to Trainerize app

Hi, I noticed everyone's else's post on this idea (sort of). I would like to just ask and promote that we have an integration or system add-on synced with myfitnesspal nutrition at the minimum as everything else can be tracked through Trainerize. Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A small/minor addition, but adding a pronouns feature in signup.

I work with a couple non-bianary and trans clients, so getting their pronouns right is a huge thing. I have them in my consultation notes, but having it on app would help too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A MyFitnessPal alternate integration with barcode scanning feature to track food

MyFitnessPal has now announced the barcode scanner feature for premium members only. Many will switch over from the app and an alternate nutrition tracking app integration with a free barcode scanner would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Track skin fold pinch test results

Have a tile or part of the app where you can track pinch test results not just the calliper body fat %

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a tab at the bottom for ALL attachments not just meal plan.

That way clients can access helpful PDFs at their convenience like Vacation tips, restaurant eating guides, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Swap Foods in Recipes with Similar nutrition

Make recipes convenient to use by allowing clients to swap ingredients.
    -Create smart tool that either 1) suggests other foods that make sense in recipe (similar macros/stay within macro range/sub one green i.e. for another i.e. kale etc.) Or 2) allows client to choose ingredient freely and show them clearly(give alert) to macro change.

This allows people to use things they have on hand and can also be used to solve all issues involving dietary preference (vegan/Paleo/no pork etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base