Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Offer a paid affiliate program

Get a commission for referring other trainers to trainerize. Earn money by getting the word out there

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app.
 When you invite a friend and they sign up, you earn free months back.

You can find the invite feature on the dashboard when you sign in as a trainer.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

3. be able to add decimals or change the unit of measure.

I would like to record a 500meter row but the metrics for cardio are in miles. i attempted to input .3miles but it was not accepted

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Rowing is now recorded in meters and the pace is recorded in /500m.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

4. Ability to add feedback to clients workouts

As a way in interact better with the clients and their workouts and to reassure the client that the trainer see's what they are doing and it is worthwhile.

A feature where you could click on a workout a client has done and add feedback which pops up for the clients. The activity feed is great and so when you log in and see that 'Joe Blogs' has done Legs B Workout' you can click into it, see they have increased the weight and post a quick feedback message about that workout to motivate the client, "Well done joe, nice…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow administrators limit trainers ability to edit exercises

In order to protect content of customized exercises I would like to ability to limit trainers, that are not designated as administrators, ability to add or edit custom exercises.

That way our custom content is protected from being deleted or altered by an employee with nefarious motives. It would also make it more difficult for an employee who may plan on leaving our employment to copy our custom descriptions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’ve added these additional permissions last year. You can access this within the permissions tab.

Thanks!

6. Allow trainers to be able to upload their own client's profile image

Right now only clients can upload their own image. Wonder if trainers would like the ability to take photos of their own clients profile images and pop them into the system themselves?

We're trying to make your client list more visual so you can "see" your online clients by allowing more ways for people to update their profile icons.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow trainer to view clients my fitness pal log and access in app meal planner

allow trainer o view clients my fitness pal log aswell as be able to access in app meal planner . I have certain clients who I check what they have logged daily. this product can't be used until I can view my fitness pal log aswell as apply a nutrition plan

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this set to 'Cannot be done'  as logging meals from the smart meal planner is designed to work only with the in-app meal tracker.

Thanks!

8. appoitment section including other trainer schedule like consultation for non members.

The app only allows you to put in the calendar a 'PT' section and you are forced to put in a client name who is signed up to the app. There needs to be a consultation section so that we can put in the calendar and without having to sign up a temporary client to the app for a 1-time consultation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. You can now add these leads as basic clients to the platform, without taking up a coaching client seat.

https://help.trainerize.com/hc/en-us/articles/11047585326100-What-does-the-Basic-client-type-entail-and-what-does-the-client-see-

Thanks!

9. Duplicate circuits in interval type workout

Need the interval timer setup but really like to have 4 circuits of the same ten exercises. Would be nice to enter the ten exercises and then duplicate them rather than having to repeat dropping all ten of them 4 times

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Simply group them into a circuit within the interval workout.

Thanks!

10. Allow trainers to update macro goals from the phone.

Allowing us to change the calorie/macros from our phone would be helpful. The fact that I need to go to a desktop to adjust that is inconvenient.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Group Area

I create groups in Facebook. It would be much better easier aNd quicker if I could create a group in the app, and select clients. There they can share, connect and I can help them focus in voicing off each other.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. group clients

Ability to categorize clients and filter them. It would be great to categorize clients with standard identifiers such as by gender, age, fitness level, or custom identifiers such as bodybuilders, runners, home gym clients etc...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can use the custom tag feature to tag clients.

Thanks!

13. Ability to Create Stand-Alone Products - PASSIVE INCOME!

Allow trainers to create a product that a client can download automatically. With the information content like an ebook, but with the tracking features of Trainerize. I think clients would pay for this!

Something like this:
    1. Trainer creates 3-month training plan, with general instructions, exercises, daily workouts, and progressions already in place.
    2. Trainer sets the purchase price
    3. Potential client decides to purchase the product and can pay online without trainer having to do anything
    4. Client now has access to the information AND tracking features of Trainerize for the entire duration of their program
    5. At the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create your own generic email templates to save and share with clients

I would love a feature to add to the generic client message database: to be able to format text to make more visually appealing as well as the option to imbed pdf files and images. This will eminate contact from multiple platforms. Plus it looks more professional

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app with the auto-message features and ability to attach files to messages.

Thanks!

15. Auto respond automatic invitation link , instead of manually.

Allow trainer a link to auto respond client after purchase through paypal/credit card to get an automatic invitation, instead of manually. This would allow trainers to send clients an automatic invitation/consultation, so then the trainer can simply copy and paste workout templates based on their submitted answers. This saves trainer from manually inviting client based off of PayPal submitted email address. This would work well for non-local/overseas clients that are being trained online.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate custom meals from Trainerize meals

The new nutrition updates have been extremely helpful, particularly the ability to add my own Foods and Meals in the database. Just a small change that could make things much easier for the clients is when they click on the "discover" tab, Instead of seeing all of the Trainerize meals mixed in with my meals, they will only see MY meals, with an option to look at the Trainerize suggestions if they would like to.

I think the Trainerize meals are GREAT and very helpful, however many of them look a little "daunting" as they call for a lot of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Closing out this idea as this can already be done in the app. Under business permission you can turn off "show Trainerize meals in meal tracker's discovery tab" and your clients wont be able to see Trainerize system meals under "discovery tab". 

In case you keep this permission on, your meals have priority in the list and are sorted on the top, while Traienrize's meals are on the bottom. 

Clients can not chose one or the other as they don't know the difference between system and custom meals. They simply just see the list of the meals. 

Thanks!

17. Set a vacation responder for messages

Set up auto response to messages if you are away on vacation and want to defer to another coach

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Trainerize Pay in Switzerland

Pay option available in Switzerland

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We recently released the ability for you to connect your Stripe account directly to Trainerize, so you can connect you Swiss Stripe account and take advantage of all the automations available.

Thanks!

19. Add a Blog spot/page to the app

Allow for an additional tab on the dashboard for a blog spot. Adding blog posts add value to online personal training, especially when the clients do not have to go to another site to obtain new articles from their trainer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow clients to upload video of their form

This should be a number one focus for any online trainer. I can't assess my clients progress without being able to see their form. Right now, using other apps for upload and it's too much of a hassle vs. having it within the app for convenience. This allows me to critique their form and give them proper feedback.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base